So the dude up the street shot a guy who broke in his house.... - Page 3 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > The Bullet ~ Handguns, Rifles and Shotguns

The Bullet ~ Handguns, Rifles and Shotguns TREE HUGGERS NOT WELCOME!!!

Old 01-11-2011, 06:41 PM   #31
smokinwoody
Launchin

Default Re: So the dude up the street shot a guy who broke in his house....

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C White View Post
Careful posting this. Someone will come along saying you don't need firearms.

I get your drift...

I have the house , garage and shed alarmed...whether those go off or the dogs get me up in the middle of the night, you better believe I fill my hand...and its not my cock...

I do and always have kept loaded guns easily reached but not in my sleep...we have had the Garage alarm go off and i would say within 15 seconds Im out there and well protected..

whats funny is my wife and my dogs caught 3 day burglars that were robbing neighborhoods in 3 towns for months...my Brittany that loved showing her teeth, was actualy her smiling, fenced one of them while my wife while carring on a conversation with one of them that had walked up to her on the other side of the fence, was actualy on the phone with the police...CAUGHT red handed and later we found out there was a $100,000 reward which we never got...the butt heads at the police station claimed it and where it went from there was anybodies guess...

Im not saying dont have a gun...I believe in the right to carry and protect my body and belongings...property and family..

and practice...a lot

Old 01-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #32
Hoosierdaddy
Smoked another BBC

[QUOTE=O.C White;5433799]While you're popping off about Charlie you might want to take the time to read this. He has been in a shooting before. Have you?[/QUTOE]

I don't have to be involved in a shooting to know all about gun safety. Nobody has to. When I see somebody repeatedly saying don't leave your gun laying around anywhere, don't take it with you in the car if you can't take it in with when you get there, make sure it's always locked in a safe while at home etc, etc, etc and damn near can't make a post without saying these types things that tells me this person is scared of guns or what bad thing might happen in a gun accident. I don't knw what this type thing tells you and really don't care but that's what it tells me.

Quote:
He didn't just drag bodies around to where it look liked the person was in the wrong.
Just incase you've forgotten, I didn't do this.
Hoosierdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #33
Hoosierdaddy
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliep View Post
Hoosierdaddy, are you serious. Did you ever hear about being responsible for your actions. I've been carying a gun for over 32 years but I take action to make sure the only hands that touch my gun are mine. It that really that difficult to understand.
It sure isn't. If you're that worried about a gun accident or someone stealing your gun then stay the fuck away from guns but don't go around telling people to leave it at home locked in a safe where it's absolutely worthless. I guess you don't understand the comcept of it's worthless for protection if you can't get to it or don't have it because you left it at home. Just because you can't have your hand on it 100% of the time doesn't mean you should have it close by. Oh and BTW I've been carrying for 21 yrs. If you've been carrying for 32 yrs you've got a little bit on me but I grew up with guns in my hands and it's not like I just started carrying with a permit last week.

Quote:
I know as an armed citizen in todays world I must follow the law and take responsibility for my weapon. I don't intend to loose my right to bear arms and sure don't want to hear stories about small children picking up a gun or give some idiot a free gun when he steals my vehicle.
So you'd rather take the chance of needing and not having than chance it getting stolen if your car got stolen. You knock yourself out with that shit. That's a chance I'll never take and I can promise you, from all the conversations I've had with gun enthusiasts and with other people in general all my life, you are damn near by yourself on this one.

Quote:
Now with that said, I have been in one gun fight with theifs and won
Hopefully you removed some trash from the gene pool.

Quote:
I've raised two boys and never had an incident where they got hold of the weapon and I've had two vehicles broken into and another one stolen from my driveway and guess what. I still have my weapon because I didn't leave it laying around or unattended.
I have one daughter and have never had a gun problem with here. She's twelve and is about to start shooting big guns soon. I've had one truck broken into in my front yard but the gun was inside with me. On a side note I've never advocated leaving a gun in the car all the time but I know a bunch of people that do. I will leave it in the car/truck if I'm going somewhere like the courthouse where I can't
take it in.

Quote:
Sorry is I sound anti-gun.
You don't sound anti-gun, you sound gun scared as in you are more worried about the bad things that could/might happen as a result of a gun being around you than you like the protection one offers while in a conmpetent person's hands. You sound like one of those people that go so far to the extreme of keeping your gun and those around it safe that it almost offers you no protection at all. You sound like one of those people that think all guns should locked in a safe at all times with a trigger lock on it and the ammo locked in another safe at the other end of the house. Whether you know it or not that's the type of person you come across as and people like that do not have guns for protection because their guns cannot protect them when needed due to being locked up at all times.

Quote:
Being pro-gun doesn't mean everything goes. We have to comprimise while trying to live within the general public.
I'll agree with this but you don't sound like you are doing a very good job of compromising because you are leaning way too far to the safety side of the compromise to be able to fully protect yourself and your family.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:35 PM   #34
Hoosierdaddy
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8EROUT View Post
trash invades home....great shot placement....dead trash....happy ending
Charlie P was too afraid his kid would get his gun so his whole family is dead because it was locked in the safe and he couldn't get to it before getting shot.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:38 PM   #35
Hoosierdaddy
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top355x View Post
Here in MA if you're caught with a unlocked gun with kids in house that could pick it up you lose permit and face a $10k fine so keep them locked with kids but I agree with teaching kids about them I've been aroud them all my life so there was never the WOW reaction with them.
Bullshit laws like this come from people that think it's not possible to have an unlocked gun in the house and have it where the kids cannot get to it at the same time. They also don't want you to have a gun for protection. That's what the police are for you know.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:44 PM   #36
Hoosierdaddy
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kechup View Post
Half the alarm is the 150db horn you put in you attic vents so when it goes off everyone on your block knows something is happening. Alot of people start off with the monitoring and end up turning it off after the first year. Some one that depends on a monitored alarm to save there life probably don't own a firearm.
There are two ways to look at this depending on how fast police response time is where the alarm is. If someone does enough damage to set off the alarm, I want them to pay for what they broke or at least get caught and go to jail for it. If they break the window or kick the door in and a siren goes off, chances are they are going to run and not be there when the cops arrive. I want them to think they are getting away with what they are doing and still be there when the cops get there thus the reason the alarm on my shop is silent.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #37
Hoosierdaddy
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock5.0 View Post
Hopefully the siren is enough to scare them away so as I don't have to make a mess of them in my house.
I'd rather clean the mess up.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:49 PM   #38
Hoosierdaddy
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinwoody View Post
I had a weird dream that actualy woke me, still in a sleep state I grabbed the Glock and racked one in and fired...still in the sleep state I started pulling back the reciever as to rerack...this is all in my sleep...and took only seconds...
Even if half asleep, why would you rack the slide and fire at something that's not there? I sleep pretty hard but if I'm awake enough to rack the slide I can't imagine that I would fire while looking at an open room with nothing in it that needed to be shot.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #39
Hoosierdaddy
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoInstigator View Post
It's interesting seeing all the justifications folks have for thinking one way or another. I appreciate you boys sharing regardless of whether or not I agree with you. It's discussion like this that makes us better.

Perspective is invaluable in understanding ourselves and eachother.

Gotta know what makes everything tick so we can understand it better
Fixed and VERY well said. Whether you agree with them or not, the more opinions the better like two heads are better than one.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #40
Kechup
Pullin gears

Here we go, Weeeeeeee!!!! Weeeeeeeee!!!!
Kechup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:27 PM   #41
O.C White
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kechup View Post
Here we go, Weeeeeeee!!!! Weeeeeeeee!!!!
No I am going to stop and not contribute to the insanity. I just find it funny that someone who has never been in a gunfight or shot at anyone is trying to tell another person who has been in a gunfight how to act.

That's like someone who has never been in the military telling me how it should fighting wars or conduct of the military. I would more than likely tell them to go fuck themselves.

But Charliep ain't me.
Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army"

Moral professionalism at its finest.
Mathew 5:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylogger View Post
You ornry bastard
Quote:
Be wary of the man who encourages an action who he himself incurs no risk

O.C White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:27 PM   #42
frdboy
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1huntingsupply View Post
Look at the Biometric GVB1000. Its similar to the one charliep was talking about but uses your finger print to open instead of a sequence of buttons. Mount it to the bed or night stand and your gun will be locked away from kids and ready to use with one touch of your finger.
X2

I keep my .45 in a biometric safe ready to go, next to the bed. I have two kids, 3 and 5 so saftey is a big concern.
frdboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #43
Kechup
Pullin gears

Quote:
No I am going to stop and not contribute to the insanity. I just find it funny that someone who has never been in a gunfight or shot at anyone is trying to tell another person who has been in a gunfight how to act.

That's like someone who has never been in the military telling me how it should fighting wars or conduct of the military. I would more than likely tell them to go fuck themselves.

But Charliep ain't me.
Lol,,, well said, can't agree more.
Kechup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:29 AM   #44
BC3xx0
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierdaddy View Post
Charlie P was too afraid his kid would get his gun so his whole family is dead because it was locked in the safe and he couldn't get to it before getting shot.
Do you have kids?

This and the "I'd rather clean up the mess" style comments lead me to believe you are the type that just want to shoot somebody and don't really care about protection!! I'd much rather scare a person off with an alarm than risk a fire fight in my house where my children sleep. They don't have steel lined walls in their rooms.

Don't bother spamming the thread with a billion butthurt comebacks again, because I am putting you on ignore. I really don't value your opinion on this matter and would find it hard to value it on any other subject on the forum either after these comments, so I feel I won't be missing much.

I really do appreciate everyone elses input. I googled the biometric safe that a1huntingsupply and frdboy talked about thinking the price would be something crazy but was surprised it was really affordable. I think that is the way I am going to go.
BC3xx0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2011, 12:43 AM   #45
ordinary builder
Smoked Another SBC

I WILL GLADLY SHOOT THE FUCKER AGAIN..

AND AGAIN...
ordinary builder is offline   Reply With Quote