The Official ORP Friday Night Rage Rules - Page 7 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Let's Talk Drag Racing

Let's Talk Drag Racing Talk about drag racing with censorship...

Old 12-16-2010, 11:03 AM   #91
CombOverMustang
Pullin gears

Default Re: The Official ORP Friday Night Rage Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee View Post
Because the cars that"I" think are targeted are NPS cars and they run in the 4.70s to 4.80s.A forced induction car makes way more power so you have to give them something so they will show up!I did not have anything to do with the rules but i see where they are trying to go.
Have you ever lined up all 3 tire combos ?I have and the radial is closer to the w than 29.5 i saw it with my own eyes.Ive run all 3 tires on my car.If you think the extra weight is worth the extra tire just put em on.

29.5x10.5 non w and a 315 are not even in the same ballpark as a 33x10.5W. My new car is built around a TRUE Limited Street class so that means I can only fit a 29.5x10.5 non W.

The fastest I have been in the 1/8 is a 5.53 with my old street/strip car with a 358ci sbf with a single stage plate on a 28x10.5 non W with stock suspension.

Comb Over Racing
Gibson Racing (Hired Gun)
Moran Motorsports
Performance Racing Transmissions (Dave's)
Pro Racecraft Engineering
Proline Racing Engines
PTC
Race Wire Solutions
Rad Coatings Inc.
Straightline Chassis Design
Works Turbochargers
CombOverMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2010, 11:09 AM   #92
Bill Lutz
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Bill had a bigger glass of V8 than you do..

Oh, and he did it running the blow through carb too if I remember right...

Vanilla
My man Vanilla finally got something WRONG... It was our first time out with the MFI on the car. You have to take advantage of Matt anytime you can because he's not wrong about remembering shit very often LOL...

Mickey Thompson tires and wheels
Diamond Pistons
Firecore 50 wires
Pro Torque Converters NY
Turbos by Garrett
Magnafuel pump and regulators
PTP
Scott Braskett Race Cars
Rossler Transmissions
The driveshaft shop
Haltech EFI

WWW.BILLLUTZRACING.COM
Bill Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:13 AM   #93
Bill Lutz
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSracing View Post
the turbo guys will be ok
Do you happen to watch any of the videos from the NHRA Pro Mod series? All blower cars have BP by 3 to 5 car lengths at the 1/8th mile and then he drives around them on the backhalf.

Mickey Thompson tires and wheels
Diamond Pistons
Firecore 50 wires
Pro Torque Converters NY
Turbos by Garrett
Magnafuel pump and regulators
PTP
Scott Braskett Race Cars
Rossler Transmissions
The driveshaft shop
Haltech EFI

WWW.BILLLUTZRACING.COM
Bill Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #94
10.5-57
Smoked another BBC

I read the rules,
I can see the tt5 / 29.5x10.5 guys point here, going to be hard to run a guy with 34.5 and wheelie bars BUT heres the point you guys are forgetting...............................
NO ONE IS GOING TO BE LEGAL (CHASSIS CERT WISE) SO THEY WONT LET THOSE GUYS RUN ANYWAY. When was the last time you saw an outlaw 10.5w car legal to weigh 3500-3600#. They are not saying you CANNOT come race with us regardless of your combo BUT the car must meet the correct certification for the weight and speed. That will drop most if not EVERY car from the fight.

The weight in the 275 class, multi stages on a small block at 2900 and 1 gun on a bigblock at 3250? I havnt seen this before, but comparing a 565 or 632 to a 706 or 815 is a little odd in my opinion.

Turbo pro mod at 2600 vs a huffer at 2500, hmmmm, anyone EVER see Brad ahead of any blown car at the 1/8th?
Im done, Good luck guys.

Last edited by 10.5-57; 12-16-2010 at 11:31 AM.
10.5-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:44 AM   #95
sickboystang
powered by Old Milwaukee
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboystang View Post
what type reducer can I run on my F1R? or how much weight do I have to add to run none?
when can I expect an answer to this question?
sickboystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:29 PM   #96
B-1Duster
Smoked another BBC

Sickboy< i assume your a small block guy, so you would have to way 3,200 lbs. As far as a type, as I understand it, turbo guys are going to use the reducer from supernatural turbo, Im not sure who makes a reducer to 3.75 for the procharger guys
Old 12-16-2010, 12:32 PM   #97
sickboystang
powered by Old Milwaukee
Smoked another BBC

thats what I wonder if you could do like NMRA Renegade and use a MAF style reducer clamped onto the inlet? or just run at 3300 without one?

Keep in mind, there alot of F1R and X/Xi trims on these type of cars. so I'm sure this be asked again.
sickboystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #98
JSracing
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lutz View Post
Do you happen to watch any of the videos from the NHRA Pro Mod series? All blower cars have BP by 3 to 5 car lengths at the 1/8th mile and then he drives around them on the backhalf.
its hard to read between the lines on a forum. You probably dont know I have a blower car... Some readers on here know thats why I posted that lol
I like the rules the way they are
Old 12-16-2010, 01:57 PM   #99
B-1Duster
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboystang View Post
thats what I wonder if you could do like NMRA Renegade and use a MAF style reducer clamped onto the inlet? or just run at 3300 without one?

Keep in mind, there alot of F1R and X/Xi trims on these type of cars. so I'm sure this be asked again.

Thanks for the info. We definetly will want to clear this up so everyone understands how the car must be equiped. Do they make a reducer like turbo guys use?
Old 12-16-2010, 03:29 PM   #100
Pooch565
Smoked another BBC

Guys when Kurt gets back from CA I'm sure it will get straightened out. That's why it was time to release the rules and start getting some feedback. There has been so much input that these rules aren't perfect. They are a good start though. I agree that in Limited Boosted cars should be limited to a 31w. I'm sure this can get fixed. Plus I belive that there needs to be a one kit on non conventional heads and 2 kits on conventional heads if you are on big tires or use bars or both. This will keep the big tire cars in line with NPS and Ohio Valley Pro street rules. I talked to JR today to explain to him that this series needs spectators in the stands. If there are no fans then the series is dead. Why turn away cars that can run in the same ET range? The more the merrier. It's not a huge payout so I don't see big hitters driving from hours away to ruin the series. But I can guarantee you this. If the rules need to be adjusted, they will be. Just come out and support a cool series. We now have a guy that wants to support heads up racing in the Indy area. If this series is successful it will only get better. On the time deal. It was talked about that the track will open for testing in the morning and that qualifying will be done by 7:00. I've seen Kurt's time schedule and if all goes well, even with some down time, we should be done by 11:30 at the latest. I can't wait to get out there and make some laps. It should be killer.
812 878 2026
jason@vpracingfuels.com
Pooch565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:06 PM   #101
PROTREE
Spooled up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooch565 View Post
Guys when Kurt gets back from CA I'm sure it will get straightened out. That's why it was time to release the rules and start getting some feedback. There has been so much input that these rules aren't perfect. They are a good start though. I agree that in Limited Boosted cars should be limited to a 31w. I'm sure this can get fixed. Plus I belive that there needs to be a one kit on non conventional heads and 2 kits on conventional heads if you are on big tires or use bars or both. This will keep the big tire cars in line with NPS and Ohio Valley Pro street rules. I talked to JR today to explain to him that this series needs spectators in the stands. If there are no fans then the series is dead. Why turn away cars that can run in the same ET range? The more the merrier. It's not a huge payout so I don't see big hitters driving from hours away to ruin the series. But I can guarantee you this. If the rules need to be adjusted, they will be. Just come out and support a cool series. We now have a guy that wants to support heads up racing in the Indy area. If this series is successful it will only get better. On the time deal. It was talked about that the track will open for testing in the morning and that qualifying will be done by 7:00. I've seen Kurt's time schedule and if all goes well, even with some down time, we should be done by 11:30 at the latest. I can't wait to get out there and make some laps. It should be killer.
dont you mean 30 foot shots
PROTREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:18 PM   #102
Pooch565
Smoked another BBC

I hate you Andy.
812 878 2026
jason@vpracingfuels.com
Pooch565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:44 PM   #103
sickboystang