The Official ORP Friday Night Rage Rules - Page 5 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Let's Talk Drag Racing

Let's Talk Drag Racing Talk about drag racing with censorship...

Old 12-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #61
Vanilla
Never hit Newbie Thread
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: The Official ORP Friday Night Rage Rules

If you want to run against small tire cars, run True Street...

Vanilla

Old 12-15-2010, 10:22 PM   #62
mikee
Keepn my pimp hand strong
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombOverMustang View Post
How our big tires a good idea? What about when the track takes a shit and all the guy running small tire get their ass railed? The point of limited street is a small tire! If I wanted to run a car with a tire that size I would have a Pro Mod! To let any tire other than a 29.5x10.5 non W or a 315 Drag Radial is just stupied! Don't call it limited Steet then!
Honestly that 315 is not far from a 33x10.5 w,with that being said I will get down any track a "w" tire big cube inch nos car can.The track is the same for both cars and I think i have more to tune than them,n2o car dont get it done in 300 ft Im waiving on my way by him.I aint scared but you on the other hand have thrown up the white flag already.No faith in your abilities?
Or just scared?
mikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:38 PM   #63
jrgibson
Smoked another BBC

315 and a W close ya right ? This would be a sweet class if u get rid of all big tires and left it to a 29x10.5 non w or a radial .
**PTP**PRE**PROLINE**Prolite Batteries**TCI PRO X**TRZ**TubingJon**VP RaceFuels ** Work Turbochargers**
Dealer for Menscer Motorsports shocks.....
"THE BADDEST SHOCKS ON THE PLANET"
jrgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:46 PM   #64
mikee
Smoked Another SBC

I had a set next my 33x10.5 and they were closer to them than my 29.5x 10.5 put all 3 next to each other an you will be stunned for sure.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:57 PM   #65
jrgibson
Smoked another BBC

The rules say a 34.5x16 .ha ya right . If those tires are so close why don't they big races with W s vs radial ? Besides W's don't count anyway I would park my shit in the weeds if had to run those .LOL seriously a W tire will always get down a track before a radial will . Come on this is not L/S !!!!!
**PTP**PRE**PROLINE**Prolite Batteries**TCI PRO X**TRZ**TubingJon**VP RaceFuels ** Work Turbochargers**
Old 12-15-2010, 10:59 PM   #66
Sam Vincent
Smoked Another SBC

If the Payout in L/S is decent/worth the 240mile drive ,we'll make a few I think.

Vincent Performance
Graham KY
270-977-1893

Dealer:
Diamond, Trend, TotalSeal, BulletCams, Morel, Jesel, Brodix
Moroso, Manton, GRP, Callies, PSI~PAC, Stef's Fabrication TrickFlow, TotalEngineAirflow, PTC converters, William's Perf, ProLite batt, Ultra Pro Machine, Danny Bee, ATI, MOSER Engineering, Sonnax, PST driveshafts
Sam Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:02 PM   #67
mikee
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgibson View Post
The rules say a 34.5x16 .ha ya right . If those tires are so close why don't they big races with W s vs radial ? Besides W's don't count anyway I would park my shit in the weeds if had to run those .LOL seriously a W tire will always get down a track before a radial will . Come on this is not L/S !!!!!
If they change it to street limited would you feel better!
Old 12-15-2010, 11:05 PM   #68
jrgibson
Smoked another BBC

Yep I sure would Haha but I will try to come down for atleast one ass wooping !!

Last edited by jrgibson; 12-15-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:08 PM   #69
mikee
Smoked Another SBC

In that case I will see you in Milan and Indy this summer.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:09 PM   #70
CombOverMustang
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee View Post
Honestly that 315 is not far from a 33x10.5 w,with that being said I will get down any track a "w" tire big cube inch nos car can.The track is the same for both cars and I think i have more to tune than them,n2o car dont get it done in 300 ft Im waiving on my way by him.I aint scared but you on the other hand have thrown up the white flag already.No faith in your abilities?
Or just scared?

A 315 not far from a 33x10.5w are you kidding me? I am not scared I am a realist! A stock suspension car with a 29.5x10.5 vs a 4 link car with a 34.5x16? How in the hell do you think that is anywhere close to being fair???

Comb Over Racing
Gibson Racing (Hired Gun)
Moran Motorsports
Performance Racing Transmissions (Dave's)
Pro Racecraft Engineering
Proline Racing Engines
PTC
Race Wire Solutions
Rad Coatings Inc.
Straightline Chassis Design
Works Turbochargers
CombOverMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:15 PM   #71
mikee
Smoked Another SBC

Because the cars that"I" think are targeted are NPS cars and they run in the 4.70s to 4.80s.A forced induction car makes way more power so you have to give them something so they will show up!I did not have anything to do with the rules but i see where they are trying to go.
Have you ever lined up all 3 tire combos ?I have and the radial is closer to the w than 29.5 i saw it with my own eyes.Ive run all 3 tires on my car.If you think the extra weight is worth the extra tire just put em on.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:16 PM   #72
mikee
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombOverMustang View Post
A 315 not far from a 33x10.5w are you kidding me? I am not scared I am a realist! A stock suspension car with a 29.5x10.5 vs a 4 link car with a 34.5x16? How in the hell do you think that is anywhere close to being fair???
Whats the fastest you have run in the 1/8th?
Old 12-15-2010, 11:34 PM   #73
shooter66
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-1Duster View Post
9.0 and 10.0 Index Classes

1) General
a) Class description: Index is a heads-up class for all types of vehicles from early models to late model automobiles and motorcycles.
b) Designation: IDX 9.0 or 10.0 Followed by permanent number.
c) Format: 1/4 mile heads-up class run on a .400 pro tree with a pro ladder. Courtesy staging and auto start is in effect. Time Out is 7 seconds
d) Burn Out: Over the line burn outs are not allowed in Index classes.
e) Qualifying: Every attempt will be made to initially qualify cars in the lane you wish. Due to time restraints if single lines form cars will be dispersed every other car to open lane. Run lane will be marked on stage ticket. It is mandatory to alternate lanes after initial qualifying pass. Lane choice goes to higher qualifier first round, and then the faster car from previous round.
f) Scales: N/A
g) Call to Lanes: Three calls to the lanes will be made. If car is not ready to compete with diver belted in when class is called to the starting line, opponent will be granted a competition bye.
h) Staging lanes: No Cooling is allowed in the lanes
i) Bye Run: All vehicles must take the tree and run down the track to be considered a win.
j) Waste Oil: Collection centers are provided throughout the pits. Waste oil must be dumped in these bins. Contaminated oil (CONTAMINATION = ANYTHING BUT PURE ENGINE OIL). Must be taken with you when you leave.
k) Contingency: It is the competitor’s responsibility to fill out a contingency form and have it verified at the scales. Competitor then turns contingency form in at pay out.
l) Pay Out: Payout is located second floor of tower second door on left.
m) General NHRA Rules: This is an NHRA race and all vehicles will adhere to NHRA rule book and its latest addendums.
n) Driver: Must hold a Current and Valid NHRA Competition License appropriate to type of car, ET and speed.
o) Three out system for non NHRA cert cars or non-licensed drivers going quicker than 9.99
i) Not three per event three, period.
p) Disputes: Starter, tech and or Race directors’ decision is final.
q) Clarification: All clarification must be submitted in email form to Indytech@nhra.com. No phone calls.
2) Body
a) Heads-Up Index classes are reserved for full-bodied cars with full fenders, Hoods, grille, top, windshield, and functional doors.
3) Bikes
a) Must be street legal with working head light and tail light.
b) Must have current registration and plate.
c) No Wheelie bars
d) Full leathers required
e) Kill tether required
4) The 2 classes are as follows:
a) 9.00 Heads-Up index (.400 Pro Tree) 16 Car Field
b) 10.00 Heads-Up index (.400 Pro Tree) 16 Car Field
c) For rules and regulations refer to the following websites for the appropriate E.T. and vehicle type being used

5) ELECTRONICS RULES :
a) Delay boxes and/or timed throttle stops prohibited
b) Mechanical type throttle stops permitted. Any adjustment during run prohibited
c) Timers of any kind associated with, but not limited to, fuel and/or nitrous delivery,
d) Throttle control, vehicle performance criteria, etc. are strictly prohibited
e) Transmission brakes permitted
6) Oil Containment: All vehicles will be required to utilize an NHRA-accepted lower engine oil-retention device. The lower engine containment device must cover the sides of the block and pan up to one inch of the head mating surface and extend within 1 1/2 inches of the front and rear of the cylinder case area. A belly pan may be used in the lieu of a device attached to the engine. The belly pan must extend from frame rail to frame rail and extend forward of the harmonic balancer and to the rear of the engine block and must incorporate a minimum 2-inch-high lip on all sides. A nonflammable, oil-absorbent liner mandatory inside of retention device. Any device that fails to perform as required must be replaced or repaired to the satisfaction of the technical staff prior to any further runs.
7) Tires
a) Slicks or drag radials must be used.

Are nitrous controlers allowed? Section 5,c does not look complete.

Shell Racing Fuels dealer, Chicago area.
shooter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:56 PM   #74
JMatt
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter66 View Post
Are nitrous controlers allowed? Section 5,c does not look complete.
Read 5c and d together. No nitrous timers. A nitrous timer is just a timed throttlestop in reverse.

8.08 @ 171
Naturally aspirated conventional head BBC with old school Enderle Injection.
JMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2010, 12:09 AM   #75
cmygtfly85
Launchin

BB Twins Supercharger/Turbos 3350 lbs. (3500 with bars or big tires)

Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Lutz run 6.90's @ 200+ at this weight? Not saying that you are going to see many (if any ) of these combinations but if you do...game over!

WARMING THE GLOBE 8 CYLINDERS AT A TIME!!!!!
cmygtfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote