The Official ORP Friday Night Rage Rules - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Let's Talk Drag Racing

Let's Talk Drag Racing Talk about drag racing with censorship...

Old 12-15-2010, 12:22 PM   #16
superned
Pullin gears

Default Re: The Official ORP Friday Night Rage Rules

no factory bodied cars with tube chassis's in limited street
looks like mine does not fit ..good luck guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2010, 12:28 PM   #17
boostedsbc
The Ricer
Smoked another BBC

What about any trans being legal in true street but in limited street you have to have an OEM manual trans?? Is that a typo?
Old 12-15-2010, 12:36 PM   #18
B-1Duster
Smoked another BBC

OEM as in no Lenco's...
Old 12-15-2010, 12:54 PM   #19
sickboystang
powered by Old Milwaukee
Smoked another BBC

what type reducer can I run on my F1R? or how much weight do I have to add to run none?
sickboystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:56 PM   #20
Bill Lutz
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-1Duster View Post
Outlaw ProMod

12-15-10
1. General
a. Class description: Outlaw Pro Mod is a heads-up maximum effort class for all vehicles bearing drivers and passengers doors.
b. Designation: OPM Followed by permanent number.
c. Format: 1/8 mile heads-up class run on a .400 pro tree with a pro ladder. auto start is in effect. Time Out is 7 seconds
d. Burn Out: Over the line burn outs are allowed (and encouraged).
e. Qualifying: Every attempt will be made to initially qualify cars in the lane you wish. Due to time restraints if single lines form cars will be dispersed every other car to open lane. Run lane will be marked on stage ticket. It is mandatory to alternate lanes after initial qualifying pass. Lane choice goes to higher qualifier first round, and then the faster car from previous round.
f. Scales: After qualifying all participants must pass over scales your run is validated at this time. In Eliminations you must pass over scales if you have won. If a car fails to make weight the opponents is reinstated, if opponent’s car is of legal weight. It is the responsibility of a competitor to verify his / her weight before run.
g. Call to Lanes: Three calls to the lanes will be made. If car is not ready to compete with diver belted in when class is called to the starting line, opponent will be granted a competition bye.
h. Staging lanes: Cooling will be allowed in the staging lanes. Cooling must be self-contained on a cart. No expulsion of ANY liquids is allowed in the lanes. Please be courteous to your lane neighbors. When not in the lanes your equipment must be secured away from lanes in designated area. It is YOUR responsibility to know where this designated spot is.
i. Bye Run: All vehicles must take the tree and run down the track to be considered a win.
j. Waste Oil: Collection centers are provided throughout the pits. Waste oil must be dumped in these bins. Contaminated oil (CONTAMINATION = ANYTHING BUT PURE ENGINE OIL). Must be taken with you when you leave.
k. Contingency: It is the competitor’s responsibility to fill out a contingency form and have it verified at the scales. Competitor then turns contingency form in at pay out.
l. Pay Out: Payout is located second floor of tower second door on left.
m. General NHRA Rules: This is an NHRA race and all vehicles will adhere to NHRA rule book and its latest addendums.
n. Driver: Must hold a Current and Valid NHRA Competition License appropriate to type of car, ET and speed.
o. Disputes: Starter, tech and or Race directors’ decision is final.
p. Clarification: All clarification must be submitted in email form to indytech@nhra.com. No phone calls.

2. Body: Steel, aluminum, fiberglass and carbon fiber bodies and body parts are allowed as long as the car retains its original appearance and profile. Wheel well openings can be modified for tire clearance. The drivers and passenger doors must be fully operational and must open from the outside.

3. Engine: Any Combination allowed.

4. Oil Containment: All vehicles will be required to utilize an NHRA-accepted lower engine oil-retention device. The lower engine containment device must cover the sides of the block and pan up to one inch of the head mating surface and extend within 1 1/2 inches of the front and rear of the cylinder case area. A belly pan may be used in the lieu of a device attached to the engine. The belly pan must extend from frame rail to frame rail and extend forward of the harmonic balancer and to the rear of the engine block and must incorporate a minimum 2-inch-high lip on all sides. A nonflammable, oil-absorbent liner mandatory inside of retention device. Any device that fails to perform as required must be replaced or repaired to the satisfaction of the technical staff prior to any further runs.

5. Transmission: Any type no direct drives.

6. Fuel: No Nitromethane, polypropylene, hydrazine

7. Suspension: Must have working shocks any modifications may be made to suspension.

8. Chassis: Must hold current NHRA cert appropriate for et, speed and weight.

9. Weight:
a. Naturally Aspirated: No minimum
b. Small Block Nitrous Assisted : 2100 pounds
c. Nitrous Assisted: 2,400 pounds
d. Supercharged 2,500 Pounds
e. Turbo: 2,600 pounds
The only question I have is this is 1/8th mile racing why does a turbo weigh 100 more than a supercharged car? Has anyone looked at the 1/8th mile E.T. of a turbo car and compare it to the supercharged cars in NHRA? Everything else looks good.

Mickey Thompson tires and wheels
Diamond Pistons
Firecore 50 wires
Pro Torque Converters NY
Turbos by Garrett
Magnafuel pump and regulators
PTP
Scott Braskett Race Cars
Rossler Transmissions
The driveshaft shop
Haltech EFI

WWW.BILLLUTZRACING.COM
Bill Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #21
boostedsbc
The Ricer
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
OEM as in no Lenco's...
But it's allowed in True Street, where 4-links aren't, but it isn't allowed in Limited Street where 4-link are allowed???

That just doesn't make sense. Not arguing, I just think that was an over site. I'm sure the rules will still need tweaked a bit. No one nails them the first time out.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #22
B-1Duster
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedsbc View Post
But it's allowed in True Street, where 4-links aren't, but it isn't allowed in Limited Street where 4-link are allowed???

That just doesn't make sense. Not arguing, I just think that was an over site. I'm sure the rules will still need tweaked a bit. No one nails them the first time out.

I think you are right. I will get clarification sir. Thank you for your time and understanding that we may have a few adjustments to make. As for your particular car, it will be ok to run your trans in your car in any class including.......you guessed it, 10.0 index
Old 12-15-2010, 01:28 PM   #23
gryphon68
Smoked Another SBC

In Limited Street, does 150# penalty get you wheelie bars *OR* big tires? Or can someone run both for the single penalty?
Old 12-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #24
B-1Duster
Smoked another BBC

150# for each so if you run bars and big tires its a 300# hit
Old 12-15-2010, 01:34 PM   #25
gryphon68
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
150# for each so if you run bars and big tires its a 300# hit