2011 A/M Rules - Page 8 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Racing Organizations > Milan's Heads-up Shootout - Videos -News - Interviews

Milan's Heads-up Shootout - Videos -News - Interviews

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 12:30 PM   #106
mayhem
Moderator
Smoked Another SBC
 
mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Almont, Mi
Posts: 6,488
Default Re: 2011 A/M Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryphon68 View Post
The single carb or throttle body rule is worthless as written . . . . not going to stop anyone from flowing as much air as they want.

If it said: "Single 4150 or 4500 carb or throttle body only" then it would have some teeth.

Just like the "cast intake" rule is meaningless. Surely the intent was "production, commercially available cast intake manifold", but got shortened to "cast intake", custom casting will solve any problem there . . . . .

The intake rule is gone now - anything goes now, much easier to tech IMO.

I dont think anyone previously was running a "one off" cast intake. Heavily modified, yes - but certianly not special casting.
__________________
Rick Dodge - Almont, MI

mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-18-2010, 12:31 PM   #107
mayhem
Moderator
Smoked Another SBC
 
mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Almont, Mi
Posts: 6,488
Default Re: 2011 A/M Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryphon68 View Post
The single carb or throttle body rule is worthless as written . . . . not going to stop anyone from flowing as much air as they want.

If it said: "Single 4150 or 4500 carb or throttle body only" then it would have some teeth.

Just like the "cast intake" rule is meaningless. Surely the intent was "production, commercially available cast intake manifold", but got shortened to "cast intake", custom casting will solve any problem there . . . . .
Furthermore - while the carb / throttle body rule could be easily exploited - theres too many damn rules now.
__________________
Rick Dodge - Almont, MI

mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:39 PM   #108
gryphon68
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
gryphon68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Plymouth, MI
Posts: 4,802
Default Re: 2011 A/M Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Furthermore - while the carb / throttle body rule could be easily exploited - theres too many damn rules now.
A clarification is not the same thing as more rules . . . .

Problem is clarifying the manifold rule makes a bunch of big, expensive paper weights.

Has anyone actually entered a Milan A/M race with a TB that wasn't 4150, 4500, or factory EFI based?

Best solution is probably dropping the intake rule completely and clarifying the carb/TB rule to say "4150 or 4500" before that cow gets out of the barn too.
__________________
1985 Mustang - Ford Powered!!!
Special Thanks to:
Beebe Motorsports, Ultimate Team Performance, Team Z Motorsports
gryphon68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #109
gryphon68
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
gryphon68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Plymouth, MI
Posts: 4,802
Default Re: 2011 A/M Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
The intake rule is gone now - anything goes now, much easier to tech IMO.
Sorry, missed this. Are the 2011 rules out already? Preliminary or Final?
__________________
1985 Mustang - Ford Powered!!!
Special Thanks to:
Beebe Motorsports, Ultimate Team Performance, Team Z Motorsports
gryphon68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #110
mayhem
Moderator
Smoked Another SBC
 
mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Almont, Mi
Posts: 6,488
Default Re: 2011 A/M Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryphon68 View Post
Sorry, missed this. Are the 2011 rules out already? Preliminary or Final?
Its the first post in this thread. I believe its the final version.
__________________
Rick Dodge - Almont, MI

mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:47 PM   #111
315plus
Member
Pullin gears
 
315plus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sterling Heights, Mi.
Posts: 554
Default Re: 2011 A/M Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Its the first post in this thread. I believe its the final version.
think the final rules are posted
__________________
KFP RACING
315plus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:56 PM   #112
gryphon68
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
gryphon68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Plymouth, MI
Posts: 4,802
Default Re: 2011 A/M Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Its the first post in this thread. I believe its the final version.
First Post in this thread . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Mens View Post
Everybody fill up your favorite 5 gallon pail full of $#!% and through it on the wall and let's see what sticks!
Looks like a good set of rules to me.
__________________
1985 Mustang - Ford Powered!!!
Special Thanks to:
Beebe Motorsports, Ultimate Team Performance, Team Z Motorsports
gryphon68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:57 PM   #113
Rock Daddy
LSx Vega
Smoked another BBC
 
Rock Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Livonia, Michigan
Posts: 1,626
Default Re: 2011 A/M Rules

No this thread but the other one started by RockysPitstop

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=301950
__________________
Call me Ken, not Rock Daddy, in person.

Just an All Motor Noobie
Best ET 8.21@163.67 all NA Power
LS Power supplied by Billy Briggs. www.motorcityspeedonline.com
www.ls1vega.com

Rock Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:59 PM   #114
gryphon68
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
gryphon68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Plymouth, MI
Posts: 4,802
Default Re: 2011 A/M Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Daddy View Post
No this thread but the other one started by RockysPitstop

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=301950
Found it. Thanks!
__________________
1985 Mustang - Ford Powered!!!
Special Thanks to:
Beebe Motorsports, Ultimate Team Performance, Team Z Motorsports
gryphon68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:00 PM   #115
mayhem
Moderator
Smoked Another SBC
 
mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Almont, Mi
Posts: 6,488
Default Re: 2011 A/M Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Daddy View Post
No this thread but the other one started by RockysPitstop

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=301950
LOL, yeah...what he said. Sorry, I got the threads mixed up.
__________________
Rick Dodge - Almont, MI

mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #116
LOADED
Junior Member
Spooled up
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 199
Default Re: 2011 A/M Rules

I can't tell you how much we really enjoy the Fri heads up series, but its really obvious there needs to be some adjustments to the rules to make it competitive for the conventional headed guys as well as the small block guys,just a simple weight break! and i don't want to here about the one small block that came out early in great air to make some balls out passes to help with the sale.Or how about this idea? Small block all motor, and Big block all motor, then the winners of each face off for the All motor Bonus round!.... i just want to see some 9000 rpm small blocks come out and have a shot! cause right now they are all sitting around scared! What do you all think? or is it really gratifying to come out and watch the same 4 or 5 guys every Fri? ...... let the
Bitchin begin!
LOADED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:09 PM   #117
Chris Uratchko
Moderator
Smoked Another SBC
 
Chris Uratchko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In the shop....
Posts: 30,399
Default Re: 2011 A/M Rules

The guy who one last night, is a conventional headed engine. But I'm sure he'll take a weight break like anyone else.
__________________
Chris Uratchko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:49 PM   #118
utp79z28
Junior Member
Burnout box
 
utp79z28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: central michigan
Posts: 13
Default Re: 2011 A/M Rules

+ 150 lbs for 33x10.5w
utp79z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #119
Butch Kemp
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
Butch Kemp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington MI
Posts: 5,307
Default Re: 2011 A/M Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOADED View Post
I can't tell you how much we really enjoy the Fri heads up series, but its really obvious there needs to be some adjustments to the rules to make it competitive for the conventional headed guys as well as the small block guys,just a simple weight break! and i don't want to here about the one small block that came out early in great air to make some balls out passes to help with the sale.Or how about this idea? Small block all motor, and Big block all motor, then the winners of each face off for the All motor Bonus round!.... i just want to see some 9000 rpm small blocks come out and have a shot! cause right now they are all sitting around scared! What do you all think? or is it really gratifying to come out and watch the same 4 or 5 guys every Fri? ...... let the
Bitchin begin!
Same conversation for the last 2-3 years.
I gave it a good shot and ran at the front,....Im waiting to see someone else do that....problem is its stupid to even think about building a SB powered car "just" for milans class..
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
7.760-174.34
.................................................. ...................
NEVER give up
Do it right the first time
Keep your promises
Dream BIG
Thanks to:
Chris Uratchko
JTS carburetors
Mickey Thompson tires and wheels
Ultimate converter concepts
Marcella manifolds
QC coatings
Alan Pennywitt
Steve Pennywitt
Butch Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #120
LIL T
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
LIL T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: T.C. formerly the D
Posts: 1,491
Default Re: 2011 A/M Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOADED View Post
I can't tell you how much we really enjoy the Fri heads up series, but its really obvious there needs to be some adjustments to the rules to make it competitive for the conventional headed guys as well as the small block guys,just a simple weight break! and i don't want to here about the one small block that came out early in great air to make some balls out passes to help with the sale.Or how about this idea? Small block all motor, and Big block all motor, then the winners of each face off for the All motor Bonus round!.... i just want to see some 9000 rpm small blocks come out and have a shot! cause right now they are all sitting around scared! What do you all think? or is it really gratifying to come out and watch the same 4 or 5 guys every Fri? ...... let the
Bitchin begin!
Did you ever think those same 4 or5 guys work there program harder than the rest?
LIL T is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 3.33%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Yellow Bullet LLC