10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th - Page 9 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Let's Talk Drag Racing

Let's Talk Drag Racing Talk about drag racing with censorship...

Old 10-10-2010, 02:35 PM   #121
BUCKETT
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: 10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee View Post
I think you 2 should get a room ,spoon and tell each other how great you use to be!Just my two cents.....
You make me laugh!
BUCKETT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #122
Oldskoolrcr
Pre-Staged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allgo View Post
thats why somemany people want a crack at it..
Or there are those to scared to do it and just talk shit.
Oldskoolrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:12 PM   #123
Oldskoolrcr
Pre-Staged

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHI View Post
No need if "oldskoolrcr" is indeed Jamie, the one that ruined my engine and can hardly ever get any of his cars down the track that i've ever been at, or mutual aquaintences we share have seen. Anybody breaking down more in the burn out box and the starting line having to get pushed back has no authority to talk shit to anybody about how fast their stuff was...only one giving two shits about speed is him, I could care less..bracket racing is'nt about fastest pass, it's about having your junk run the same every pass, for hundreds and often in our case thousands of passes per season..and that means being able to do a burnout and get to the finish line and back to the pits under the cars own power, and not having the starting line guys shut you down for shit leaking, shit breaking...which is nothing more than an extension of the work he does in the maxhine shop he runs....

my gut told me this guy was a hack the first second I walked in and he was literally walking on top of other peoples engines to get access to the engine dyno, but I was up there, 3hrs from home based on a freinds recommendation, and FWIW, he did help the FIRST time on his dyno when the original builder stuck in main bearings that were .010 oversized on a stock callias crank...14hrs later we got our pulls made. But that does'nt begin to compensate for ruining my heads and using old mud packer parts laying under a bench to rebuild my engine. He can brag about having 2,3,4..hell 10 cars for that matter, because aint none of them built or reliable for shit...maybe if he'd take all that effort and money, focus it on one car, he might get somewhere for once vs traveling and going through the motions for nothing. It's too bad too, his driver does appear to be good, but it's too bad he's got a hack shop and car owner ruining any chance he really has to make a name for himself with unreliable equipment that has hand warmers built on the front end so all the track personel dont get cold pushing off the track more often than not.
I dont know who the fuck Jamie is not me, and I dont need to hide behind a screen name, as for getting a room with this clown, he would bore me to death with his HAS BEEN stories, Alot of posts from a guy who can not keep a motor togather, but still is the king of bracket racing. But has no car....I dont know Jamie but I am willing to bet he was not the issue with your junk!!!!

Last edited by Oldskoolrcr; 10-10-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:23 PM   #124
Vanilla
Never hit Newbie Thread
Smoked Another SBC

Congrats to Big Pete and Little Pete, Nick, and Team Llamas...

Vanilla
Old 10-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #125
IHI
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04 pro5.0 View Post
Sorry this is not me "oldskoolrcr" i don't come on here and talk shit!!
Pretty good you can talk to me in person and not ever say anything about this.Sorry you could not be there yesterday.
jamey

What's to say, what's done is done, you knew exactly what you did and covered up the fact. As a business owner myself I just cannot fathom knowingly half assing things together, esspecially when all i wanted was it to be done right...so to be grabbing parts from under a bench and slapping it in my engine, then not having the sense to degree the cam in to better cover your tracks, and then act stupid when the engine is way down on power both on the exact same dyno we used prior, but in one keystroke of the keyboard it turned into a dyno champ? but when in the car, 1000K lower flash on the stall, and .5 slower than the old motor..all because you ruined my heads and mix and matched timing gears.

Great job, and good luck keeping your stuff from leaking/blowing up and even getting a shot at making passes. Hate to think how many other's you've done this to and will do this to in the future. Hopefully you dont put Maguries out of business with your smoke and mirrors. Only reason i've ever been cordial at the track is because I'm there to race and I dont need to spark up any drama that woulda put my head somewhere else, but believe me, plenty of guys at the track know exactly what you did since we had a garage full that night we were tearing down to try and get things sorted out why it ran like shit after you touched it.

I dont need to talk shit, but I guess when everything I say is true, it's gotta be labeled as somethin huh? Good luck with your "program"
1/4mi. 10.36 @ 130mph N/A
68 camaro 9.60 n/a pump gas

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/m...oshmeighan.mp4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JztOrxEC1R8
Web[/URL]
IHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:38 PM   #126
BUCKETT
Smoked another BBC

Come on! This is starting to get old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #127
fenton06
Smoked another BBC

I would also like to congratulate the Llamas crew on getting it done, that Nova is badass!

Come on buckett, it's the bullet! Although I do agree it's getting old. Josh knows his shit, I've kept track of him over on TGO and he is not lying about his shit engine build, shitty luck, or being a badass at bracket racing. The car he sold was truly a street car, and would run the same damn number EVERY time. I would absolutely hate to be around if he decided to build a no bullshit heads up car!

fenton06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:11 PM   #128
Scottyk
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreman47 View Post
I'd like to say thanks to my Son, Pete Llamas and Nick Finnen for performing some real magic since we brought a knife to a gun fight what with all the turbos and prochargers at CFR yesterday. The car has been wired the same way for several years, but thanks to Scotty K and the guy that was with Torrie (sorry, don't remember your name) their suggestion worked. All you guy's that we raced with are a good bunch of guys. The track personnel and track owner came by our trailer after we won the final round and thanked us for coming. We don't get that around here in Chicago. We wanted to stick around and have a few beers with you Scotty, Torrie and the rest of you, but had a 6 hour haul back home. Thanks to all for the blast we had racing. We're going to try to make it to the H&W race next weekend. We're gonna unload the Nova today and get to sharpening that knife some more. We're gonna need it. You guy's have some bad ass cars. I'm posting a link to the final round from a different vantage point than the link that was posted earlier. Thanks again, Big Pete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8ayvIjR6pY
Thanks guys! We all try to help with anything we can, Im just glad you got that car running after that long of a haul!! It sure was a interesting day, sucks about what happened to Joe's car and he did one hell of a job keeping the car mostly off the wall, and then Eric blew the trans.. but Im glad you guys came home with the win after all the work and headaches put into it..

Hopefully we can get a decent amount of cars for the H+W race this weekend, sounds like it could be one hell of a time.. I will check in with Brain and Scotty and see if they know how many cars are planning to show, sounds like both Joe and Eric are done for the year and the 2 Iowa City guys didnt want to race either
Scottyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:28 PM   #129
Oldskoolrcr
Pre-Staged

I dont know Scotty...H&W race is looking pretty thin at this point, deffinatly wont be the usuall turn out, I be suprised if there are 10 cars...So SAD!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:47 PM   #130
mikee
Keepn my pimp hand strong
Smoked Another SBC

whats it pay what are the rules?
mikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #131
uwilose
Pre-Staged

Congrats to Big Pete and Little Pete, Nick, and Team Llamas
it was fun racing with ya this year but tell Nick better bring more next year.HaHa
uwilose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:35 PM   #132
Scottyk
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee View Post
whats it pay what are the rules?
I think we've been through this before Mikee, no rules AT ALL. but it is a invite race so cars are picked to build a competitive field and it is street car oriented. I know everyone would love to see your car run myself included, but I heard how fast your car is, havent seen any pictures of it but Im not 100% sure it would fit in the category with us slow guys, I dont even think most of rail cars around here would run with that beast!!

If anyone from the bullet world is interested in the race I can relay the message to H+W or give out their number if its ok with them, I have seen and spoke with a few out of towners yesterday and invited them along. Track worked awesome yesterday and I will have to verify the payout but I believe it is around 500. Heads up hat race 1/4 mile no rules
Old 10-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #133
Scottyk
Smoked another BBC

and congrats to the Llamas crew!!! I knew you guys would get a win. It was a fun day all in all
Old 10-10-2010, 10:45 PM   #134
Vanilla
Never hit Newbie Thread
Smoked Another SBC

Dont tell Pete to bring more... cause he will...

Vanilla
Old 10-10-2010, 10:54 PM   #135
BUCKETT
Smoked another BBC

I'am going to bring less! Less tire that is! 275 here we come!