10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th - Page 8 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Let's Talk Drag Racing

Let's Talk Drag Racing Talk about drag racing with censorship...

Old 10-10-2010, 02:33 AM   #106
sbcrulz
Launchin

Default Re: 10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHI View Post
No, I lost 2 engines per season the last 2 years, made it through the 2nd to the last year, then the next season when the 3rd/4th one blew I threw in the towel, planned on stopping for awhile finally, but then Welper dangled the keys to red rum...so I could'nt turn the opportunity down LOL. Gotta love hack assed machine shops phucking ya over..I got lucky and found 2 of them back to back...then the last engine snapped the crank which Callias admitted was a bad batch per serial number, but gave everybody the big middle finger and said tough luck, wanna buy the magnum now? I just got real lucky in that when my shit blew up, it took EVERYTHING along with it. I ran Joe and Lynn's Mustang a few times, then that tranny lost a drum, later in the season running Weplers, I cant remember what happened but some freak thing inside the tranny shit the bed too...so maybe when I come back, the black cloud will have blown away
they cant give you shit first ford down track crashed/ then next round ford blew up /this before racing started.c.f.r must mean cant fords race/or cant find racecars /had all of 5 of them
sbcrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2010, 03:04 AM   #107
mwuertz
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIMN8U View Post
Good to see ya there...I had to split before the finals how'd ya do?
Gene
lost, the car laid over in high gear. It was a blast though, those guys that run in that deal are some good dudes. Definitely had a good track even with all the carnage.

P.S. For all the haters, if its all so easy load up your junk and go there.

Last edited by mwuertz; 10-10-2010 at 03:09 AM.
mwuertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:41 AM   #108
mongse
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroked 85 View Post
We made some head waive today. The car ran a 8.74 @ 166 mph. We have alot of power left to add to the car. I have some changes to make when we get home. I doubt we will be at Gateway Tuesday night with the changes we have to make. We are headed to the chassis builders Friday to make some changes and adjustments to the suspension. We will be at Midnight Madness and the Outlaw race on Saturday. Thanks again for the help last Tuesday night.

John
Great news John. I'll make sure to set aside some tickets to get you guys in Friday night.
mongse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:46 AM   #109
IHI
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbcrulz View Post
they cant give you shit first ford down track crashed/ then next round ford blew up /this before racing started.c.f.r must mean cant fords race/or cant find racecars /had all of 5 of them
Like I said, I dont talk shit to hurt feelings, I just tell it like it is, and truth often hurts, esspecially of people dont like living/accepting reality. Regardless, always hate to see guys hurt cars/parts..this game is expensive enough as it is without problems, so long as the shiney siade stayed up, and nobody got hurt...things are rebuilable.
1/4mi. 10.36 @ 130mph N/A
68 camaro 9.60 n/a pump gas

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/m...oshmeighan.mp4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JztOrxEC1R8
Web[/URL]
IHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:55 AM   #110
90 notch
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwuertz View Post
lost, the car laid over in high gear. It was a blast though, those guys that run in that deal are some good dudes. Definitely had a good track even with all the carnage.

Good to talk to some of you guys,we had the white mustang that wouldn't get out of it's own way....we have alot of work to do on the front end to hang with you guys.That statement was very well said,it ain't that easy,it may be when you're on the computer.Steve and chris williams
90 notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:55 AM   #111
IHI
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldskoolrcr View Post
BLAH,BLAH,BLAH you got a 2 bit answer for everything, I have been racing 2 cars for 3 years straight and have yet to tear them down, and they are way faster then your 6.30 car, spayed more N20 through them motors than a dentist office, seems to me either your tunning ability, or your builder is a putz, you know what they say if you can't get it right get out.
No two bit answer, just facts. I did'nt even have to be there yesterday and it sounds like things went down exactly as I said they would...strange huh?? once you've been around this game a lil longer than 3 yrs straight, and put in your time helping keep the track open on a every weekend basis...you can come talk to me. Speed wise, hey, great job having two cars way faster than mine...mine is a driver I use for bracket racing, I change the show polish on the windows. If I wanted a fast car I sure would'nt be doing in on pump gas and low compression, nor a 3700lb car...

anyhow, yup, I got screwed by 2 shops, then the third time was parts failure admitted by Callias, at that point the fun was done, and we as a FAMILY were looking to do something other than live at race tracks every weekend all summer...see, my wife and daughter supported me and never complained, but were'nt really into the racing gig. So me trying to be a good husband and good father, put my selffishness aside selling all my stuff, so I could devote more time to doing things we ALL enjoy doing together...and we've done more fishing, more traveling, more true family things this year than the past 12yrs combined...why, because we were'nt at a track every weekend devoting every second and every penny to keep the ball rolling for the next go round.

So until you've put in your time, until you've dedicated as much time to racing as I have...save the lip, your truely showing how much you really know about all this your trying to make a point about...and it's not making you look any smarter.

Web[/URL]
Old 10-10-2010, 10:10 AM   #112
Oldskoolrcr
Pre-Staged

I am sure I have devoted as much if not more time in this sport than you, I have drag raced multiple types of vehicals, I have devoted large amounts of money not only in 1 race vehical, but 2 or more at 1 time, I have traveled all over the country racing also, u are no better or wiser then I am Jr. and I say Jr because you make this sound like your the elder here, I am sure your not older than I am, nor wiser at the game, the money you claim you have spent on drag racing I have done X2, oh and my 2 cars are also 100% streetable and are driven almost everyweekend on the streets in the summer months, I am not trying to make myself look any smarter because I do not have to. Like I said you cry about spending time and money on 1 car and the same time and balaceing a family, try 2 cars! Hopefully someday you will get into the racing game again and we can meet up, and we can see just how great you really think U are.
Oldskoolrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:14 AM   #113
Oldskoolrcr
Pre-Staged

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwuertz View Post

Was a great weekend, I am happy nobody was hurt today at the track, heres a video of the final round, camara was acting a bit funny, but you get the most of it good. Was a great race.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/cfr-...al_2071160.htm
Oldskoolrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:37 AM   #114
IHI
Smoked Another SBC

Huh, speak of the devil, the mustang in the right lane looks like the one Jamie is a part of, which is one of the shops that fucked me over. Admittedly blasting through my already 100% cnc ported heads in 13 spots trying to hog them out to paper thin proportions and having LESS hp on his dyno than the first engine I took there to dyno.

I lost the first motor, jamie said he'd help me out with a fast turn around so I could debug before the next season, I told him I dont have a million dollars but whatever it took to make it right....well, we could'nt figure out why the car was .5 slower after he got done with it..with his "head porting" and his "cam specing", the fact when we dyno "his" design of my motor and it was initally way down on power compared to the one I took him initally....until he did a keyboard swipe and bam, all of a sudden it was making more power than the first version I had picked out...and yet, his version ran .5 slower than mine.

So, upon losing THAT engine, the one Jamie "fixed", we quickly seen why upon disassembly. Bad enough finding different length pushrods and mixed brands inside...but then when I seen the top billet cam gear I originally had purchased, and then I seen some ruddy poo, run of the mill standard iron gear on the crank for the timing set...we immediately put the degree wheel on it, and what do ya know, the cam was 10* off...hmmm, no wonder it always ran like shit- slow, and a tuning nightmare.

Sent the heads to Spiere racing heads, first phone call I got Chad asked, "not to be mean, but how did your car even run? These heads are as ruined as I've seen them, looks like somebody got carried away with porting and completely ruined everything an effeicent head is supposed to do. Sure they flowed massive peak cfm on paper, but would'nt do shit bolted on the engine. So luckily chad was able to install larger intake valves, lay back the runners, to get the heads back, we installed the PROPER timing gear set up, and bam, picked up .7 on the motor alone with no other changes other than fixing some clueless guys experiement on my parts.

Funny how small the world is huh Jamie?? Thanks again for hacking on my motor and costing me thousands in repair costs to fix your phuck ups. Glad to see your car finally get down the track vs pushed back behind the tower for a change.

Web[/URL]
Old 10-10-2010, 11:25 AM   #115
Allgo
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbcrulz View Post

Dude you should have came up and talked to us ford guys and taught me a leason on fords.. eat shit and die, my ford was the first one that spun out..just glad to walk away..
Old 10-10-2010, 11:44 AM   #116
Allgo
Launchin

Some people forget that we are running on 10inch tires and all of us make over a 1000hp to the tires, pretty simple to get these cars down the track all the time thats why somemany people want a crack at it..
Old 10-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #117
mikee
Keepn my pimp hand strong
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldskoolrcr View Post
I am sure I have devoted as much if not more time in this sport than you, I have drag raced multiple types of vehicals, I have devoted large amounts of money not only in 1 race vehical, but 2 or more at 1 time, I have traveled all over the country racing also, u are no better or wiser then I am Jr. and I say Jr because you make this sound like your the elder here, I am sure your not older than I am, nor wiser at the game, the money you claim you have spent on drag racing I have done X2, oh and my 2 cars are also 100% streetable and are driven almost everyweekend on the streets in the summer months, I am not trying to make myself look any smarter because I do not have to. Like I said you cry about spending time and money on 1 car and the same time and balaceing a family, try 2 cars! Hopefully someday you will get into the racing game again and we can meet up, and we can see just how great you really think U are.
I think you 2 should get a room ,spoon and tell each other how great you use to be!Just my two cents.....
mikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #118
IHI
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee View Post
I think you 2 should get a room ,spoon and tell each other how great you use to be!Just my two cents.....
No need if "oldskoolrcr" is indeed Jamie, the one that ruined my engine and can hardly ever get any of his cars down the track that i've ever been at, or mutual aquaintences we share have seen. Anybody breaking down more in the burn out box and the starting line having to get pushed back has no authority to talk shit to anybody about how fast their stuff was...only one giving two shits about speed is him, I could care less..bracket racing is'nt about fastest pass, it's about having your junk run the same every pass, for hundreds and often in our case thousands of passes per season..and that means being able to do a burnout and get to the finish line and back to the pits under the cars own power, and not having the starting line guys shut you down for shit leaking, shit breaking...which is nothing more than an extension of the work he does in the maxhine shop he runs....

my gut told me this guy was a hack the first second I walked in and he was literally walking on top of other peoples engines to get access to the engine dyno, but I was up there, 3hrs from home based on a freinds recommendation, and FWIW, he did help the FIRST time on his dyno when the original builder stuck in main bearings that were .010 oversized on a stock callias crank...14hrs later we got our pulls made. But that does'nt begin to compensate for ruining my heads and using old mud packer parts laying under a bench to rebuild my engine. He can brag about having 2,3,4..hell 10 cars for that matter, because aint none of them built or reliable for shit...maybe if he'd take all that effort and money, focus it on one car, he might get somewhere for once vs traveling and going through the motions for nothing. It's too bad too, his driver does appear to be good, but it's too bad he's got a hack shop and car owner ruining any chance he really has to make a name for himself with unreliable equipment that has hand warmers built on the front end so all the track personel dont get cold pushing off the track more often than not.

Web[/URL]
Old 10-10-2010, 12:32 PM   #119
boreman47
Burnout box

I'd like to say thanks to my Son, Pete Llamas and Nick Finnen for performing some real magic since we brought a knife to a gun fight what with all the turbos and prochargers at CFR yesterday. The car has been wired the same way for several years, but thanks to Scotty K and the guy that was with Torrie (sorry, don't remember your name) their suggestion worked. All you guy's that we raced with are a good bunch of guys. The track personnel and track owner came by our trailer after we won the final round and thanked us for coming. We don't get that around here in Chicago. We wanted to stick around and have a few beers with you Scotty, Torrie and the rest of you, but had a 6 hour haul back home. Thanks to all for the blast we had racing. We're going to try to make it to the H&W race next weekend. We're gonna unload the Nova today and get to sharpening that knife some more. We're gonna need it. You guy's have some bad ass cars. I'm posting a link to the final round from a different vantage point than the link that was posted earlier. Thanks again, Big Pete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8ayvIjR6pY
boreman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:15 PM   #120
04 pro5.0
Burnout box

Sorry this is not me "oldskoolrcr" i don't come on here and talk shit!!
Pretty good you can talk to me in person and not ever say anything about this.Sorry you could not be there yesterday.
jamey

Last edited by 04 pro5.0; 10-10-2010 at 02:18 PM.
04 pro5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote