10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th - Page 5 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Let's Talk Drag Racing

Let's Talk Drag Racing Talk about drag racing with censorship...

Old 10-04-2010, 12:53 AM   #61
bec
Launchin

Default Re: 10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKETT View Post
I am not sure what the payout for this class is? There was a sponsor with H&W but I see nothing about on CFR web page? IMO they need to get something up so when they have a few guys pull from out of state they know what they can win! There has been some problems with the payout at some of the 10.5 races at CFR in past. I have not ran there for the class just the ERP.

Now I know most of the people posting here and It seems like the Iowa Auto Fourm!!!!!

I will not be able to make it to race, shit is still broken but I have never had this much extra cash in my checking account in along time!!!! I have a B-day to go to.
You need to tell your builder to get crackin and get that thing together.
bec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2010, 02:26 AM   #62
Vitoman
Spooled up

i got the parts back from the machine shop and the car is running! Ill be there Saturday
Vitoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:48 AM   #63
mongse
Smoked another BBC

Sucks that this is the same weekend as NMCA.
mongse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:57 AM   #64
Scottyk
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHI View Post
The 10.5 stuff is still the wild wild west so to speak. I know Christen has put alot of leg work into getting sponsors so they can offer a guarunteed pay out when they advertise to race at ERP, but the 10.5 races CFR puts on the schedule is always privy to payout a percentage of entry fees...so the more cars to show, the more to pay out naturally...but there is no way the track itself is going to guaruntee a pay out since in reality, they just "allow/host it" but have nothing and want nothing to do with the ladder or the purses. Just not enough cars to make it worth the headache.

They even said that last year when a few guys said, "oh, we'll bring plenty of cars, just give us a chance to show you, and we'll prove this is something you should be partaking in"...they were given a shot and as far as i know, this is the last season for it since car count is dismal, as is spectator draw for it....namely because nobody around here, or anywhere for that matter has taken the reins and tried to make something of it, whereas down at Eddyville, there's a handful of guys really putting in work.
Thats about the only thing you've contributed in OUR THREAD that I can actually agree with!! The class needs someone/some people to take control of this class similar to what Christian, Buckett and their crew do up at Eddyville.. I have had issues with Cedar Falls twice last year with payout and confusion, they try to correct but we all know how that goes. I would love to see someone besides the track manager take control of this class.

As for your constant critisism toward heads-up racers, that is just rediculous man. All of us here have enough acheivements "brackets, heads-up, circle track, whatever" there is no need to preach and argue.. There is other forums and other threads on yellow bullet for bracket racing and index racing so why dont you just go there instead of trying to ruin our thread and peoples opinions of this class..

We have people towing a long way out of state to race this class and they love it!! So untill you can practice what you preach and haul your car down to show us how easy it is to win, just bite your tongue and keep opinions where they belong.
Scottyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:10 AM   #65
Allgo
Launchin

wow scotty I agree with your post 100%..lol
Old 10-04-2010, 10:12 AM   #66
Scottyk
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongse View Post
Sucks that this is the same weekend as NMCA.
There is a heads up race the weekend after this race at CFR!! Sponsored by a local Fab/parts shop H+W Speedshop, it is somewhat of a invite only race for street cars. No real set of rules, they just kinda look at the cars and make sure its not a glass bodied lexan window 6 second pro-mod, rarely does anyone get turned down.

Post up some pictures of your car and powerplant in this thread, wouldnt be the first time a stranger has raced it we dont discriminate!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #67
IHI
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk View Post
Thats about the only thing you've contributed in OUR THREAD that I can actually agree with!! The class needs someone/some people to take control of this class similar to what Christian, Buckett and their crew do up at Eddyville.. I have had issues with Cedar Falls twice last year with payout and confusion, they try to correct but we all know how that goes. I would love to see someone besides the track manager take control of this class.

As for your constant critisism toward heads-up racers, that is just rediculous man. All of us here have enough acheivements "brackets, heads-up, circle track, whatever" there is no need to preach and argue.. There is other forums and other threads on yellow bullet for bracket racing and index racing so why dont you just go there instead of trying to ruin our thread and peoples opinions of this class..

We have people towing a long way out of state to race this class and they love it!! So untill you can practice what you preach and haul your car down to show us how easy it is to win, just bite your tongue and keep opinions where they belong.
Anybody that's really into racing, no matter what class already knows and says the same things I've already said. Keep in mind, I did'nt draw first blood, I just stated facts based on ALOT of time sitting in the tower watching these classes run, being able to watch ever incremental from the time these heads up classes hit the tree until they shut down. I'm not making shit up, I have nothing to gain from it, I simply call it like I see it. Dont like my answers/dont like real life, put me on your ignore list. Sugar coating anything is a waste of everybodies time.

I entered one of the "10.5" things when I had the chance because I'm an opportunist, I saw easy money...and it went exactly as I thought it would based on YEARS of watching these types of classes make passes, I got my time runs to test my new convertor and some play cash..basically got paid to T&T running this class with NO expectation of winning with my slow street car, but it did'nt blow up, hooked 100% all the time, I killed the tree to compensate for the other drives ET they had over me...what have I said that is so "wrong"?

Smoke and mirrors/turning a blind eye/acting as things are'nt what they are is a waste of my time, I've always called it like I see it, and will continue to do so.
1/4mi. 10.36 @ 130mph N/A
68 camaro 9.60 n/a pump gas

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/m...oshmeighan.mp4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JztOrxEC1R8
Web[/URL]
IHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:29 AM   #68
mongse
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
There is a heads up race the weekend after this race at CFR!! Sponsored by a local Fab/parts shop H+W Speedshop, it is somewhat of a invite only race for street cars. No real set of rules, they just kinda look at the cars and make sure its not a glass bodied lexan window 6 second pro-mod, rarely does anyone get turned down.

Post up some pictures of your car and powerplant in this thread, wouldnt be the first time a stranger has raced it we dont discriminate!!!
We'll be at Gateway that week for the last heads-up race @ the track before it closes.

The only thing we'd need clarification on is running 315 radials and Brodix Neal heads. Also if there's a minimum weight or anything like that. Other than that, it's just a regular ole stock suspension Mustang.

Last edited by mongse; 10-04-2010 at 10:31 AM.
mongse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:35 AM   #69
Scottyk
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
I'm not making shit up, I have nothing to gain from it, I simply call it like I see it. Dont like my answers/dont like real life, put me on your ignore list. Sugar coating anything is a waste of everybodies time..
You, Us, potential racers on this HUGE website has nothing to gain from the comments in this thread.. If you want to argue about this you are more than welcome to, but please do it on a local forum "IAF" not here!
Old 10-04-2010, 10:48 AM   #70
Scottyk
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongse View Post
We'll be at Gateway that week for the last heads-up race @ the track before it closes.

The only thing we'd need clarification on is running 315 radials and Brodix Neal heads. Also if there's a minimum weight or anything like that. Other than that, it's just a regular ole stock suspension Mustang.
LOL yeah we've heard that one before!! We've had 4 link cars, tube chassis cars, big slicks, small radials, turbo, whatever.. Like I said their is no rules at all, pull names from a hat. All the cars are street legal, have been driven on the street with everything functional, real glass and steel. Just trying to stay away from race cars ya know.. Oct 16th is the H+W race. Post up some pics of your regular ole mustang if you really want to come up and I will make sure Brain and Scotty at H+W see them.

Not 100% on the payout but last time I got a check for 600 I believe, and it didnt bounce!! Could very well be MORE CASH this time around never know, its been normal for sponsors to step-up for late season races. Its a good time and everyone we've met from the bullet so far have been cool as hell too.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:57 AM   #71
Allgo
Launchin

They paid cash earlier this year..
Old 10-04-2010, 04:57 PM   #72
IHI
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
You, Us, potential racers on this HUGE website has nothing to gain from the comments in this thread.. If you want to argue about this you are more than welcome to, but please do it on a local forum "IAF" not here!
When a poster asked:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKN TA 95 View Post
I'm considering it. How many cars do they usually have, Payouts and whats the fastest time the guys run?
And I replied:
Quote:
If your car can go 2 qualifying and 4-6 rounds without fragging, you have an excellent shot at winning. low 5-low 6's is the ET range. Most the guys cant cut a light to save their butt, so you dont necessarily have to have a fast car to be a player.
I fail to see how this turned the way it turned, I simpled stated the facts as I've seen from the computer screen in the tower watching "you guys" run, and personal experience racing in one and having time slips with opponents incrementals to again back everything i've seen in the tower watching "your guy's" incremental. Like I said, I did'nt draw first blood, I called it EXACTLY like I see it and how it is, somebodies pride got hurt and made this thread turn for the worse with "bashing" so I understand your concern, but please dont come at me with "take it to another forum" when I simply responded honestly to a simple question. Talk to your fellow head's up buddies with the thin skin for whatever reason...self conciousness I assume.

Web[/URL]
Old 10-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #73
Scottyk
Smoked another BBC

Its fine man dont worry bout it, water under the bridge as they say.. Car counts can always be better no matter where you are or what your doing, so a little help here for home state is much appreciated
Old 10-04-2010, 06:36 PM   #74
IHI
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Its fine man dont worry bout it, water under the bridge as they say.. Car counts can always be better no matter where you are or what your doing, so a little help here for home state is much appreciated
I agree 100%, cars and entries, are cars and entries, and every track can take all they can get weather it be here at home and our tracks, or nationwide...this "economy crunch" is affecting everything, hobbies included. I've never held ill will towards any class, racing is racing, but when I start getting jumped on with childish antics like "my car was faster than yours in high school" and "what do you know?" LOL, I dont know how long you've been around th game, but if it's been for any amount of time, there's nothing I've stated that is'nt true/honest, and yet I was getting ridden with each post, so I just fired it right back.

I still, and never will hold any anomisty towards anybody, but I do admit getting a cheap thrill reading some of the stuff these guy come up with, almost takes my breath away and think "really?? you honestly think that??" LOL

Either way, good luck, hopefully the car count is good for a big purse, but slow cars should'nt be scared to come out either, which is what I was getting at in my first response at the very beginning.

Web[/URL]
Old 10-04-2010, 08:15 PM   #75
Oldskoolrcr
Pre-Staged

Quote:
When a poster asked:

And I replied:

I fail to see how this turned the way it turned, I simpled stated the facts as I've seen from the computer screen in the tower watching "you guys" run, and personal experience racing in one and having time slips with opponents incrementals to again back everything i've seen in the tower watching "your guy's" incremental. Like I said, I did'nt draw first blood, I called it EXACTLY like I see it and how it is, somebodies pride got hurt and made this thread turn for the worse with "bashing" so I understand your concern, but please dont come at me with "take it to another forum" when I simply responded honestly to a simple question. Talk to your fellow head's up buddies with the thin skin for whatever reason...self conciousness I assume.
Let me know when you get back into drag racing so I can come out an drag you down the 1320, Heck even for free
Oldskoolrcr is offline   Reply With Quote