10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Let's Talk Drag Racing

Let's Talk Drag Racing Talk about drag racing with censorship...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #16
mwuertz
Member
Pullin gears
 
mwuertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 507
Posts: 928
Default Re: 10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroked 85 View Post
Im planning to make the trip up for some testing on Friday night and stay over for the 10.5 race on Saturday. I am looking forward to it.
Are you bringing the grill or should I?
mwuertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #17
Scottyk
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,569
Default Re: 10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHI View Post
If your car can go 2 qualifying and 4-6 rounds without fragging, you have an excellent shot at winning. low 5-low 6's is the ET range. Most the guys cant cut a light to save their butt, so you dont necessarily have to have a fast car to be a player.
LOL so what kind of lights are you cutting on a pro-tree?? Since you have so much seat time I would assume you know bracket racers are on a sportsman tree and heads up is a pro-tree? Even the best national level nhra racers are cutting the same RT's as the racers around here.

but consistency is always a issue when it comes to 10.5 racing, and with our local tracks the track prep can be unpredictable as well, you have to be able to adapt in order to run into the finals
Scottyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #18
stroked 85
Junior Member
Launchin
 
stroked 85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 344
Default Re: 10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwuertz View Post
Are you bringing the grill or should I?
You can brng the grill this time. Should be fun!
__________________


www.morrowbrothersfordinc.com
stroked 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:50 PM   #19
IHI
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
IHI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,360
Default Re: 10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk View Post
LOL so what kind of lights are you cutting on a pro-tree?? Since you have so much seat time I would assume you know bracket racers are on a sportsman tree and heads up is a pro-tree? Even the best national level nhra racers are cutting the same RT's as the racers around here.

but consistency is always a issue when it comes to 10.5 racing, and with our local tracks the track prep can be unpredictable as well, you have to be able to adapt in order to run into the finals
Have you ever raced before? if so you must not have many passes under your belt...sportsman tree, .500 pro tree, .400 pro-tree, it does'nt make a shit what kind it is, you focus on a light and react...not rocket science, second nature to those who actually log hundreds/thousands of passes every year. ONLY difference when running a .400 pro tree is setting the car up to react faster, and in this case a light car with mucho hp works ALOT better since it can react alot faster obviously. I actually hit the pro .500 tree better than a sportsman tree since I have no chance to catch a glimpse of the lights coming down and anticipate it, but if your lights vary between a .500 sportsman and a .500 pro...you've got issues and need helping picking a light and REACTING to it, not looking for it.

.400 tree, much the same, just need to condition yourself to react and have the car set up for it. I drove a buddies mustang at one of those gay rich christensen races our track hosted, once we got the car set for the pro .400 tree they ran us on, a .020 was the worst light of the day..but it took MAJOR changes to make that happen since the car was set up for a .500 tree.

When you've been tore down twice on two different occasions because guys think your cheating because "there's no way street cars cut lights like that all day" you can come talk to me about how the tree works. This is just one weekend we doubled up, and I had a few rounds my lights sucked ass, but overall knowing how to drive the car at the other end makes or breaks ya in these situations.


Granted my car was only making 640hp n/a on pump gas and was only ingesting 150shot, but it was still on a 9" tire and still drove string straight. Most of the guys with winning combinations all share that trait no matter how nasty the car is.
__________________
86 Firebird N/A pump gas sbc, full interior, through the mufflers and air cleaner @ 3768lbs
60' 1.41na 1.32 on 150shot
1/8mi. 6.59 @ 104mphna
1/4mi. 10.36 @ 130mph N/A
68 camaro 9.60 n/a pump gas

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/m...oshmeighan.mp4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JztOrxEC1R8
Web[/URL]
IHI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:41 PM   #20
Scottyk
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,569
Default Re: 10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th

Easy man Im not saying YOU cant cut a good light, but you trying to say no one that races at the 10.5 races can cut a light your full of it. I watched Eric cut two .01x lights in a row and he only races 5-10 times a year. There is a HUGE difference between a .500 sportsman tree and a .400 pro-tree, yes I have raced, no not as much as you, but enough to know there is a huge difference between the 2. I have won 2 of the 10.5 races last year ONLY because of my reaction time but the 10.5 deal has changed alot since then..
Scottyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:56 PM   #21
Oldskoolrcr
Junior Member
Pre-Staged
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 71
Default Re: 10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th

Scotty/Allgo...this clowns a TOOL. if he had the HP and his junk ran faster than 6.30s, trust me he would be there try to collcet the money. guys like him are a dime a dozen, they dont got what it takes to play with the big kids, so they bracket race there slow shit, been seeing it for 30+ years. So before you talk your shit to me, just load that thing up come to the track and shut me the fuck up, heck my car only runs 7.0s...Mr. prolight you are, you might cut a light but Im going by....and all I got is stock cube motor.
Oldskoolrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #22
Oldskoolrcr
Junior Member
Pre-Staged
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 71
Default Re: 10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHI View Post
Have you ever raced before?


.
I love that statement, OHHHHH if he only knew, Scotty was'nt your car running 6.30 when you were 16yrs old?....LOL
Oldskoolrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:38 PM   #23
Allgo
Junior Member
Launchin
 
Allgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 355
Default Re: 10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th

I ve always loved how the guys running 11s talking about how good of a light they cut.. trying driving something with some power first.. I ll be at cedar falls next weekend waiting to get left on..lol

P.S. you never answer the qeustion about how many cars where at the 10.5 race you did? We all know you didnt enter because I know last years races only had 4 cars at the most at all the races and scotty K was one of them so I think he would remember your turd..
__________________
Allgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #24
IHI
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
IHI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,360
Default Re: 10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldskoolrcr View Post
I love that statement, OHHHHH if he only knew, Scotty was'nt your car running 6.30 when you were 16yrs old?....LOL
1. It takes no talent to hit the loud pedal and get to the finish line, anybody...and those of us that race/raced EVERY weekend all summer long know this already, we get to see you guys do your 60' and abort, 330' and abort or frag.

2. I will gladly admit, I do not have the deep pockets to be a contender for the what, 5 races you "heads up" guys do a season??

3. For what your guys purses are the 5-6 races annually, I would'nt even bother towing to the track, why would I want to start my car for anything less than a $1500-2000/per day payout?? These heads up payouts are pathetic at best, and the fact you guys wrap up 5x's in overall setups to race for peanuts...well, that's tall ya alot about the mentality.


I have raced your race, I've "been there done that"....how many of you guys on here running your yap can say you've ran my race and come out on top multiple times a season/event...did'nt think so...money can only get you so far, skillz to pay the billz eventually have to come into play..the guys that cant wheel, think their wallet will overcome inability...but from all the heads up classes I've attended over the past 12 yrs, money does'nt even guaruntee a thing since I've seen 75% aborted/blown shit up passes vs actual full track passes.

Like I said, you can take a sorry assed bracket racer and he will walk right through a typoical heads up class group simply because he has 10x's the seat time. You take the best heads up racer with zero experience bracket racing...he'll have his ass handed to him. It is that simple, and that's why guys drop out of brackets to run heads up...they think money will cover up inability
__________________
86 Firebird N/A pump gas sbc, full interior, through the mufflers and air cleaner @ 3768lbs
60' 1.41na 1.32 on 150shot
1/8mi. 6.59 @ 104mphna
1/4mi. 10.36 @ 130mph N/A
68 camaro 9.60 n/a pump gas

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/m...oshmeighan.mp4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JztOrxEC1R8
Web[/URL]
IHI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #25
Allgo
Junior Member
Launchin
 
Allgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 355
Default Re: 10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th

Are you kidding me on the $$$.. bracket racing in the midwest is flowing the cabbage...lol, the 10.5 races do pay good just so you know, a couple of the races paid 3 to 5 k to win.. so your right what a waste of time..
__________________
Allgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:48 PM   #26
IHI
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
IHI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,360
Default Re: 10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allgo View Post
I ve always loved how the guys running 11s talking about how good of a light they cut.. trying driving something with some power first.. I ll be at cedar falls next weekend waiting to get left on..lol

P.S. you never answer the qeustion about how many cars where at the 10.5 race you did? We all know you didnt enter because I know last years races only had 4 cars at the most at all the races and scotty K was one of them so I think he would remember your turd..
The race I entered started with 10 cars, before 1 st round qualifying there were 8 cars, after 2nd round qualifying there were 4 left..cuz shit kept blowing up. So then it was me racing some red chevelle with a BBC and juice, and then I ran the final against some fella in a blue/gray mustang that was a full second faster than my junk and was able to NOT blow up and STICK it the entire length of the track. It was actually the track manager that insisted I enter since I was just out T&Ting the new convertor, he told me it's be an easy $100.....which obviously it was, but there is no way in hell I'd of ever towed to race for chump change like you guys do...talk to anybody that REALLY races week in and week out, we wont even attend a race unless there's a minimum of $1500+ per day purse, spending all the time and money for anything less is just silly.

There was somebody video taping ALL the runs when I was entered, and after 2 months the guy started pulling them down, I entertained it as a joke, since it was funny, a 3700# street car with full interior/ big stereo system, pump gas car was whoppin up and outlasting all these ubber fast heads up things that were worth 5x's what my junk was.
__________________
86 Firebird N/A pump gas sbc, full interior, through the mufflers and air cleaner @ 3768lbs
60' 1.41na 1.32 on 150shot
1/8mi. 6.59 @ 104mphna
1/4mi. 10.36 @ 130mph N/A
68 camaro 9.60 n/a pump gas

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/m...oshmeighan.mp4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JztOrxEC1R8
Web[/URL]
IHI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:51 PM   #27
IHI
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
IHI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,360
Default Re: 10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allgo View Post
Are you kidding me on the $$$.. bracket racing in the midwest is flowing the cabbage...lol, the 10.5 races do pay good just so you know, a couple of the races paid 3 to 5 k to win.. so your right what a waste of time..

LMFAO, "a couple"...do a quick search for bracket races around the midwest before you bore me with this $3K and $5K nonsense LMFAO!!! There's anry a weekend within a 6 hr tow there you can bracket for $5-10K PER day ALL SUMMER LONG, every weekend....your heads up stuff just flat out does'nt have the ability to offer that kinda chesse.

WOW, I'm stepping out...it's like talking to guys that just read hot rod and wanna argue with the guys that have been there done that already LMFAO!! Have fun racing 3-5 times a season for chump change cuz you lack the talent to get it done on a weekly basis Like I said, you can train a monkey to hit the loud pedal
__________________
86 Firebird N/A pump gas sbc, full interior, through the mufflers and air cleaner @ 3768lbs
60' 1.41na 1.32 on 150shot
1/8mi. 6.59 @ 104mphna
1/4mi. 10.36 @ 130mph N/A
68 camaro 9.60 n/a pump gas

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/m...oshmeighan.mp4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JztOrxEC1R8
Web[/URL]

Last edited by IHI; 10-02-2010 at 09:54 PM.
IHI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:51 PM   #28
Allgo
Junior Member
Launchin
 
Allgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 355
Default Re: 10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th

Your full of shit... they have never had more then 6 cars last year, this year 7 was the most and dumpster dan said that was a record car count so go make up some stories for your I am great file. How much does your bracket class pay again baller?
__________________
Allgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #29
Allgo
Junior Member
Launchin
 
Allgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 355
Default Re: 10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHI View Post
LMFAO, "a couple"...do a quick search for bracket races around the midwest before you bore me with this $3K and $5K nonsense LMFAO!!! There's anry a weekend within a 6 hr tow there you can bracket for $5-10K PER day ALL SUMMER LONG, every weekend....your heads up stuff just flat out does'nt have the ability to offer that kinda chesse.

Really... maybe you should talk to kurgan its what he does for a living..
__________________
Allgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:54 PM   #30
Oldskoolrcr
Junior Member
Pre-Staged
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 71
Default Re: 10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHI View Post
1. It takes no talent to hit the loud pedal and get to the finish line, anybody...and those of us that race/raced EVERY weekend all summer long know this already, we get to see you guys do your 60' and abort, 330' and abort or frag.

2. I will gladly admit, I do not have the deep pockets to be a contender for the what, 5 races you "heads up" guys do a season??

3. For what your guys purses are the 5-6 races annually, I would'nt even bother towing to the track, why would I want to start my car for anything less than a $1500-2000/per day payout?? These heads up payouts are pathetic at best, and the fact you guys wrap up 5x's in overall setups to race for peanuts...well, that's tall ya alot about the mentality.


I have raced your race, I've "been there done that"....how many of you guys on here running your yap can say you've ran my race and come out on top multiple times a season/event...did'nt think so...money can only get you so far, skillz to pay the billz eventually have to come into play..the guys that cant wheel, think their wallet will overcome inability...but from all the heads up classes I've attended over the past 12 yrs, money does'nt even guaruntee a thing since I've seen 75% aborted/blown shit up passes vs actual full track passes.

Like I said, you can take a sorry assed bracket racer and he will walk right through a typoical heads up class group simply because he has 10x's the seat time. You take the best heads up racer with zero experience bracket racing...he'll have his ass handed to him. It is that simple, and that's why guys drop out of brackets to run heads up...they think money will cover up inability
Well bring your car and your seat time and your experiance and teach me how its done, either way we will be going down the 1/4, and just for you we can both dial in the same and call it a bracket race, I think I would rather runs head up ballz out with the guy next to me, then either sit and wait or have to lift or sand bag to win a race, maybee you should get off the deep pockets card. See ya Sat, I will be the one with the clip board so I can take notes when you school me in the art of Bracket style drag racing....BORING!!!
Oldskoolrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 2.86%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Yellow Bullet LLC