10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Let's Talk Drag Racing

Let's Talk Drag Racing Talk about drag racing with censorship...

Old 10-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
Allgo
Launchin

Default 10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th

Whos coming to the last one of the year?????

Old 10-02-2010, 12:01 AM   #2
SMKN TA 95
Pullin gears

Default Re: 10.5 Race at cedar falls oct 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allgo View Post
Whos coming to the last one of the year?????
I'm considering it. How many cars do they usually have, Payouts and whats the fastest time the guys run?

4.80 @ 146 mph, 1.130 60', 3020#, LSX 430ci multi stage NOS - 2013

F1X Procharged 430ci Mozez Combo Coming soon - 2014

- Baxter Racing - FLP - Midwest Chassis - -

RaceWire Solutions -Your Source for Complete Custom Wiring
www.racewiresolutions.com
SMKN TA 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:09 AM   #3
IHI
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKN TA 95 View Post
I'm considering it. How many cars do they usually have, Payouts and whats the fastest time the guys run?
If your car can go 2 qualifying and 4-6 rounds without fragging, you have an excellent shot at winning. low 5-low 6's is the ET range. Most the guys cant cut a light to save their butt, so you dont necessarily have to have a fast car to be a player.
1/4mi. 10.36 @ 130mph N/A
68 camaro 9.60 n/a pump gas

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/m...oshmeighan.mp4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JztOrxEC1R8
Web[/URL]
IHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:03 AM   #4
SMKN TA 95
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHI View Post
If your car can go 2 qualifying and 4-6 rounds without fragging, you have an excellent shot at winning. low 5-low 6's is the ET range. Most the guys cant cut a light to save their butt, so you dont necessarily have to have a fast car to be a player.
And what is fragging?

On a super small tuneup, mines goes 5.40s...

I've got a private track rental on thursday to test the car some more...if all goes well I may make the trip out top Cedar falls.

My only concern is the functional headlights deal?

Old 10-02-2010, 01:19 AM   #5
Allgo
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKN TA 95 View Post
And what is fragging?

On a super small tuneup, mines goes 5.40s...

I've got a private track rental on thursday to test the car some more...if all goes well I may make the trip out top Cedar falls.

My only concern is the functional headlights deal?
I dont think the headlights will be a big deal, but dipshit above doesnt have a clue if he thinks most guys cant cut a light, the guys I have raced against are all good on the tree..5.40s would be a top player for sure
Old 10-02-2010, 01:25 AM   #6
SMKN TA 95
Pullin gears

Quote:
I dont think the headlights will be a big deal, but dipshit above doesnt have a clue if he thinks most guys cant cut a light, the guys I have raced against are all good on the tree..5.40s would be a top player for sure
I currently have all working marker, parking, and brake lights just not headlights. The headlight assembly is there with no internal guts. I was wondering if I would have to install fog lights up front to be legal or if I could run without the "functioning" head lights.

Old 10-02-2010, 02:00 AM   #7
brandoz28
Pullin gears

5.40's would be a top contender if the lights are there.

hopefully gonna make it to be a spectator if i don't work
PA Racing
Nitrous Outlet
brandoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:07 AM   #8
SMKN TA 95
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoz28 View Post
5.40's would be a top contender if the lights are there.

hopefully gonna make it to be a spectator if i don't work

I'm actually hoping for some 5.30's this next thursday now that we fixed a cracked cylinder head and broken lifters. Time will tell but normally the car will get down just about any track reasonably well.

Who do I need to call to confirm or deny my headlight issue?

Old 10-02-2010, 06:10 AM   #9
IHI
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
This "dipshit" attended the second 10.5 race ever hosted, I watched the first time runs/qualifying and knew I had to get in, so I had a late entry and took one shot at the tree/qualified at the very bottom, and took my 6.30 car to the finals....why?? because nobodies shyt could stay together and the other guys thought they had to count to 3 after the green light, most of the guys running this class know what a good light is, but cant get the job done, lack of actual seat time can be a bitch that the wallet just cant cover up.

Web[/URL]
Old 10-02-2010, 10:04 AM   #10
fenton06
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
This "dipshit" attended the second 10.5 race ever hosted, I watched the first time runs/qualifying and knew I had to get in, so I had a late entry and took one shot at the tree/qualified at the very bottom, and took my 6.30 car to the finals....why?? because nobodies shyt could stay together and the other guys thought they had to count to 3 after the green light, most of the guys running this class know what a good light is, but cant get the job done, lack of actual seat time can be a bitch that the wallet just cant cover up.
Josh, I've talked with you before at some of the bigger bracket races while you bird was down and you were driving a 1st gen Camaro, have you been back to the 10.5 races? They are much better than they used to be, there are some different players now and they know what they're doing...

fenton06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:18 AM   #11
Allgo
Launchin

Quote:

Wasnt there only 2 or 3 cars there? So you won one round..lol Bring your 6.3 car and tree my ass then on sat.. cant wait.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #12
BIGDRO
Spooled up

I'm in this one for sure
Old 10-02-2010, 11:21 AM   #13
stroked 85
Launchin

Im planning to make the trip up for some testing on Friday night and stay over for the 10.5 race on Saturday. I am looking forward to it.

www.morrowbrothersfordinc.com
stroked 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:20 PM   #14
IHI
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton06 View Post
Josh, I've talked with you before at some of the bigger bracket races while you bird was down and you were driving a 1st gen Camaro, have you been back to the 10.5 races? They are much better than they used to be, there are some different players now and they know what they're doing...
I've only raced in the one, attended 2 and last year/yr prior there was'nt anything impressive unless you got a kick out of aborted passes and scattering parts onto the track. I'm sure now more guyshave gotten their act together, but wallets still dont make a driver, and unfortuantely most of the guys cant wheel, just due to the nature of cars imploding, lack of venues to actually race in, etc...most bracket racers will rack up as many passes in 1/2 month than these guys will in two years...so their definition on a "good light" is nothing like what "we" think is a good light LOL..same goes with their definition of consistant vs our definition of consistant...but different programs/different set up's, one requires real talent and limited funds, the other requires no talent and lots of money...

you'll NEVER see a heads up guy change to brackets and do any good, but you take any bracket racer and stick him in a heads up class, he'll be a contender...all because of on track experience vs sitting around reading about what other's are doing

Web[/URL]
Old 10-02-2010, 01:41 PM   #15
bec
Launchin

Quote:
I've only raced in the one, attended 2 and last year/yr prior there was'nt anything impressive unless you got a kick out of aborted passes and scattering parts onto the track. I'm sure now more guyshave gotten their act together, but wallets still dont make a driver, and unfortuantely most of the guys cant wheel, just due to the nature of cars imploding, lack of venues to actually race in, etc...most bracket racers will rack up as many passes in 1/2 month than these guys will in two years...so their definition on a "good light" is nothing like what "we" think is a good light LOL..same goes with their definition of consistant vs our definition of consistant...but different programs/different set up's, one requires real talent and limited funds, the other requires no talent and lots of money...

you'll NEVER see a heads up guy change to brackets and do any good, but you take any bracket racer and stick him in a heads up class, he'll be a contender...all because of on track experience vs sitting around reading about what other's are doing
It doesn't take a whole lot of talent to run brackets (my brother doesn't know ANYTHING about driving or his car but has won at every track in Iowa)!! It does take talent to build a high hp car and get it down the track on only a 10.5 wide tire.
bec is offline   Reply With Quote