Report: American Soldiers in Afghanistan Ordered to Patrol With Weapons Unloaded! - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > The Political Corner

The Political Corner We will hash out political, religious and current events in this section.... Keep it constructive when posting!!

Old 05-25-2010, 10:09 PM   #1
RoysVet
Smoked Another SBC

Default Report: American Soldiers in Afghanistan Ordered to Patrol With Weapons Unloaded!

TIME TO GET THE FUCK OUT!!!!!

Instead of letting our troops kill the bad guys, which they do better than anyone on the planet, Obama would prefer they respond to enemy fire with unicorn farts and rainbow grenades. Time to GTFO, if we’re not in it to win it then we shouldn’t let another American die needlessly…
(Human Events)- Commanders have ordered a U.S. military unit in Afghanistan to patrol with unloaded weapons, according to a source in Afghanistan.
American soldiers in at least one unit have been ordered to conduct patrols without a round chambered in their weapons, an anonymous source stationed at a forward operating base in Afghanistan said in an interview. The source was unsure where the order originated or how many other units were affected.

When a weapon has a loaded magazine, but the safety is on and no round is chambered, the military refers to this condition as “amber status.” Weapons on “red status” are ready to fire—they have a round in the chamber and the safety is off.
The source stated that he had been stationed at the base for only a month, but the amber weapons order was in place since before he arrived. A NATO spokesman could not confirm the information, stating that levels of force are classified.

“Our overall aim is to defeat the insurgency which means we must gain and then maintain the support of the Afghan population,” said Lieutenant Commander Iain Baxter, a spokesman for NATO’s International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in a statement to HUMAN EVENTS. “This must be the objective of every action taken by ISAF service members, and it calls for responses that de-escalate situations where the use of deadly force may not be necessary. In doing this, leaders at all levels make enormous efforts to ensure that troops balance their own protection with the protection of the Afghan population.”

“The idea that any combat unit would conduct any operation, including patrolling and even manning a security post—in which direct action may or may not take place—and not having weapons loaded, borders on being criminally negligent in my opinion,” says Lt. Col. W. Thomas Smith Jr., a recognized expert on terrorism and military issues. “This is nothing more than infusing politically correct restrictions into already overly restrictive rules of engagement. And this PC nonsense is going to get people killed.”
RoysVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
Machdaddy78
Launchin

Default Re: Report: American Soldiers in Afghanistan Ordered to Patrol With Weapons Unloaded!

All of our troops understand their mission is too return home safely....... This is an unlawfull order and therefore is not to be obeyed. This is a non-story. Only the dumbest of military minds would follow this. Our troops have been in the shit far too long to allow themselves to be this exposed. I question the source of this story and if it is true any commander that would give an order like this should be fragged on the spot and sent home in a box.
Machdaddy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:57 PM   #3
RoysVet
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Report: American Soldiers in Afghanistan Ordered to Patrol With Weapons Unloaded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machdaddy78 View Post
All of our troops understand their mission is too return home safely....... This is an unlawfull order and therefore is not to be obeyed. This is a non-story. Only the dumbest of military minds would follow this. Our troops have been in the shit far too long to allow themselves to be this exposed. I question the source of this story and if it is true any commander that would give an order like this should be fragged on the spot and sent home in a box.
Don't call it a non-story....Held out of the MSM on purpose, definitely!!!! Here are 22,000 LINKs to this story!

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...2e52d254cddee4
Old 05-25-2010, 10:58 PM   #4
powerade
Smoked Another SBC

Tell me this shit is false
powerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:03 PM   #5
RoysVet
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerade View Post
Tell me this shit is false
Try this.....

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b66_1274676858
Old 05-25-2010, 11:09 PM   #6
powerade
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoysVet View Post
Wow just wow
powerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:13 PM   #7
Chuck u Farley M.D.
Medium Pimpin!
Smoked Another SBC

It might be a order from someone somewhere but i guarentee not one guy with boots on the ground follows it.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:18 PM   #8
1st_Gen
WTF?
Smoked Another SBC

I carry mine cocked and locked, why in the hell would soldiers in a combat zone be any different. Utter stupidity.
If it wasn't for Texas.

“In a land of freedom we are held hostage by the tyranny of political correctness,” Robert Griffin III

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Manalishi View Post
The best plan allows you to not be called "victim" at the end.
1st_Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:38 PM   #9
Machdaddy78
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoysVet View Post
Don't call it a non-story....Held out of the MSM on purpose, definitely!!!! Here are 22,000 LINKs to this story!

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...2e52d254cddee4

I still call it a non-story mainly because it is as insane as telling the troops too Patrol without having pants on. It is an unlawfull order and any soldier or MARINE would be correct in ignoring it.
Machdaddy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:28 AM   #10
JUNKMAN1
Smoked Another SBC

You guys ever think this order is aimed to lower self inflicted injuries?
JUNKMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:43 AM   #11
Brad54
Chasing my tail
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUNKMAN1 View Post
You guys ever think this order is aimed to lower self inflicted injuries?
You can't be serious.

-Brad
Old 05-26-2010, 06:52 AM   #12
purpleplymouth
Wearing my WWII helmet
Smoked Another SBC

Viet Nam.
Nuff said.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776
purpleplymouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #13
nhra7292
Smoked Another SBC

It took all of what 2 minutes for the enemy to hear about this? If it is followed through with our casualties will go up!
Old 05-26-2010, 12:46 PM   #14
N2Ojunkie
Smoked Another SBC

Sending an e-mail to a friend who is currently in Afghanistan.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo92 View Post
When I was about 13 I zipped my ball sac up and the old grandma neighbor lady helped me. I was one cooperative gracious mother fucker..
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.”
Christopher Hitchens

http://www.forcedinductionforums.com
N2Ojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #15
TC86GN
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machdaddy78 View Post
I still call it a non-story mainly because it is as insane as telling the troops too Patrol without having pants on. It is an unlawfull order and any soldier or MARINE would be correct in ignoring it.

Sounds like you may need to research lawful and unlawful orders and rethink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD4u View Post
When I was a gamer playing Black Ops, the easiest people to kill were the ones that sat still.
TC86GN is offline   Reply With Quote