Would you use one?

• Do it theres a market

Votes: 298 90.3%
  • no way am i paying $50 for a plastic turbo

Votes: 32 9.7%

Mock Up Turbos

39K views 126 replies 91 participants last post by  555bbc 
#1 ·
How many of you guys would be interested in Plastic mock up pieces, they wouls be light weight with steel inserts for the bolts.

more than likely,T60 series GT42, GT47, and TV frames for garret
and S300 and S400's for BW

Not sure on price but prob try and keep them around $50 and should be pretty easy to sell when you were all done.

#2 ·
im game. would of been nice to have when trying to hold my turbo and mount the flange to the frame. my arm will thank you later

#5 ·
I'd be down for some larger frame stuff.

#15 ·
It should go over good. Will you be able to turn/rotate the cold and hot sides?

#16 ·
Yes the turbos will be able to be clocked, and as far as being exact they will be cast and molded from real turbos. i will do my very best to make them exact

i will make a test unit out of a 60-1 i have laying around

#18 ·
Good idea. I think if they are a exact replica and you can move the housings, bolt flange plates, fit intake and exhaust pipes etc they could be quite popular.

I would suggest making a few in the most popular sizes and go from there. I would be interested at the right price. :p

#20 ·
Sounds like a great idea. I made this a sticky for everyone to see.

Dennis

#23 ·
Im going to be needing some in the near future

#24 ·
Hell Yes! Let us know what turbos you are going to make.

As for clocking, drill a hole though the middle, saw it in half & add a bolt..... We can do that in the shop.

#28 ·
already ahead of you... actually easier to make it in 3 pieces with a register cast into the pieces so no need to drill....

I do believe i can make them come in at or around $50 just have to find the right resin to make them durable and light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.