Lets see all the procharged small blocks that broke the 1000 hp mark - Page 8 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Supercharged - Steve Morris Engines

Supercharged - Steve Morris Engines

Old 11-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #106
allend43
Smoked another BBC

Location: Californys the place ya outta be, so we loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly...hills, that is...
Default Re: Lets see all the procharged small blocks that broke the 1000 hp mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader Ta View Post
If you get the inlet of the blower out into cooler air forward facing it should gain some hp as opposed to sucking air from over your exhaust .
Oh ok, I can see that, but seems like a lot of money for the conversion? I guess I'll try to figure out a good way to get fresh air to mine.
allend43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2010, 01:08 PM   #107
302man
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Lets see all the procharged small blocks that broke the 1000 hp mark

Back when Bob ran a side slinger, I made a plate that covered the exhaust. The car actually slowed down. Not because of the temps, it was because of the air coming from under the car. The temp didn't change any if I recall. We even ran an inlet tube tot he cowl area on his 5" hood. The car is faster with no inlet tubing.

Anytime you can ram air into something, it will add onto the discharge as well.

See my face book for more pictures "Tim Donathen"

87 Mustang - Drag Radial Car
ProTree Race Cars -Chassis
Simple Engine and Machine
Kurgan Motorsports - Tune
Automotion Race Cars
Mike Duke Cylinder Heads

5.27@138 so far on 275's
302man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:50 PM   #108
Prochamro
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67AfroMaro View Post
It better make more than 1000 HP...

I'm loving it. What did you use to cut and frame the intake hole in the grille. Nice build..
Prochamro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #109
Prochamro
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCCOUPE View Post
Couple of my junk, 364ci, 8.2 deck, F2 gear drive. Tuned by Super Duper Bob Kurgan last week and made over 1150hp and not finnished yet. A few thing's have been changed since these pic's, these were taken right after the gear drive was installed.

I like the bar under the blower. I guess it's just in case she get's up in the air...I did the same thing even though it's a Protouring handling aid. LOL!

Is that rad cooling OK? I Like the hex drive as well. What are they like to run...and install.. I guess the cable has to be kept pretty straight..
Prochamro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:24 PM   #110
BCCOUPE
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prochamro View Post
I like the bar under the blower. I guess it's just in case she get's up in the air...I did the same thing even though it's a Protouring handling aid. LOL!

Is that rad cooling OK? I Like the hex drive as well. What are they like to run...and install.. I guess the cable has to be kept pretty straight..

The bar is actualy to mount the radiator and yes the rad is working great. The cable drive fuel pump is awsome and and very simple to install and work's flawlessly. Thanks and if you have anymore question just ask.
BCCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #111
67AfroMaro
That guy...
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prochamro View Post
I'm loving it. What did you use to cut and frame the intake hole in the grille. Nice build..
Die grinder to make the hole and then a 5.5 -> 5 reducer from an HVAC shop for the grommet.

DJ Reid - www.afromaro.com

1.17 60' on 275's and Leafs
5.02 @ 147 on 26x8.5's (Vid)
4.79 @ 151 on 275's (Vid)

Vortech Superchargers
Chris Alston's Chassisworks
Moran Motorsports
dad's Custom Tanks
T-Flow Racing Heads
Unlimited Fiberglass
Holley Performance
Flatiron Racecars

Follow me on Facebook
67AfroMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:36 PM   #112
allend43
Smoked another BBC

Location: Californys the place ya outta be, so we loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly...hills, that is...

Nice setup! Are you running a cable driven pump with a rear mounted fuel cell?
Old 11-15-2010, 07:20 PM   #113
BCCOUPE
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by allend43 View Post
Nice setup! Are you running a cable driven pump with a rear mounted fuel cell?
Yes. Very easy to install. Just took my Weldon 2345 off and put the Mech pump exactly where the electric pump was. Now I dont even run a alternator and could probly make 4 or 5 passes without charging the battery.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:29 PM   #114
67AfroMaro
That guy...
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Yes. Very easy to install. Just took my Weldon 2345 off and put the Mech pump exactly where the electric pump was. Now I dont even run a alternator and could probly make 4 or 5 passes without charging the battery.
I've noticed with mine that if the car was run out of fuel, cranking the motor will not be enough. You have to pull the belt and prime with a drill... after that, smooth sailing until you drain the tank again. This is with the pump under the fuel tank and running the pump at about 60% of engine RPM.

Also, on an EFI car (in my case at least) I had to take the cranking table numbers from 3-5 all the way up to 15-20.

Vortech Superchargers
Moran Motorsports
dad's Custom Tanks
T-Flow Racing Heads
Unlimited Fiberglass
Holley Performance
Flatiron Racecars

Follow me on Facebook
Old 11-15-2010, 07:33 PM   #115
allend43
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Wow, so the cable goes all the way to the back of the car, driven 1 to 1?
Old 11-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #116
BCCOUPE
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by allend43 View Post
Wow, so the cable goes all the way to the back of the car, driven 1 to 1?
Yes all the way to the back just like nascar car's. I cant remember the drive ratio Waterman set it up for me.

I actualy ran mine out of gas and did nothing put pour gas in the cell and turned it over a few times and it fired right up. I was surprised because I was told the same thing, that I would have to prime it agian but so far so good.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:52 PM   #117
67AfroMaro
That guy...
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Yes all the way to the back just like nascar car's. I cant remember the drive ratio Waterman set it up for me.

I actualy ran mine out of gas and did nothing put pour gas in the cell and turned it over a few times and it fired right up. I was surprised because I was told the same thing, that I would have to prime it agian but so far so good.
How is yours setup? I'd be interested in seeing what's different. I have a -12 cell outlet into 100 micron inline filter into a Magnafuel pump out to a -10, up to the front of the car, into a 10 micron inline filter, into a Y-block into two -10 rails with 212 injectors out to a Magnafuel large bypass regulator back to the tank via -10.

Cranking, my system doesn't build any more than 3-4 lbs of fuel pressure. I run the pump at about 60%.

Vortech Superchargers
Moran Motorsports
dad's Custom Tanks
T-Flow Racing Heads
Unlimited Fiberglass
Holley Performance
Flatiron Racecars

Follow me on Facebook
Old 11-15-2010, 07:56 PM   #118
302man
Smoked another BBC

How much do those "Fancy Nascar Pumps" cost ?

Automotion Race Cars
Mike Duke Cylinder Heads

5.27@138 so far on 275's
Old 11-15-2010, 08:01 PM   #119
BCCOUPE
Smoked another BBC

Mine is setup exactly the same except I have both my filter's on the pump and I have a areoemotive fuel reg. I will have to see what my drive ratio is when I get back from out of town but the best I can remember it made about 6-8lbs of fuel pressure when turning it over. Ive never messed with the fuel tables in the tune but Bob may have since he tuned it agian. I will see when I pick the car up.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:09 PM   #120
302man
Smoked another BBC

Bob can tune anything. My race car started when it was 40 degree's outside when I left it in my trailer. Cranked for a bit, fired up, and idled.

Automotion Race Cars
Mike Duke Cylinder Heads

5.27@138 so far on 275's