What pistol would you stake your life on - Page 16 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > The Bullet ~ Handguns, Rifles and Shotguns

The Bullet ~ Handguns, Rifles and Shotguns TREE HUGGERS NOT WELCOME!!!

Old 10-21-2010, 11:14 PM   #226
aaron p
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: What pistol would you stake your life on

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C White View Post
I never would have thought Perry would have kicked the crap out of Hutchinson like he did so i am going to stick with Perry. he isn't a big fan of ours especially after the arson at the mansion, but I don't see White beating him.
After living in Houston for 7 years with Bill White as mayor, if he gets governer seat, we are fucked!
aaron p is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2010, 06:18 AM   #227
Motoimpaired
Launchin

Glock... Not sure if it the best but I stake my life on it everytime Im on duty.. Model 22
Old 11-19-2010, 03:09 PM   #228
Bar50
Pullin gears

Glock 21C when I was on a call-outs with the team.
Still have it, good weapon.

Talked the team leader into letting me qual with the 1911, now most of the team carries 1911's.

Series 70 Gold Cup for me, sometimes its my Series 80 Commander...

...with 230 Hydr-shocks to be exact.
Bar50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:06 PM   #229
Big Swole
Yes.. A FAST Diesel Truck
Smoked another BBC

I worked for Glock for 9 years, Shot IPSC for 7 of those years for team Glock, Now I'm a police officer and stake my life on two of them everyday ( Model 22 .40 cal. Duty & Model 27 .40 cal. sub compact for backup).

Seeing the things I've seen and been involved in at Glock, I'll never carry Anything Other!!

Over 100,000 rounds thru my model 21 competition gun...

David

- 2002 VW TDI GOLF 163 WHP Diesel Only!

-SOLD- 2007 RAM QCSB 4x4 "REPEAT OFFENDER" 750 WHP

-SOLD- "INTERCEPTOR" - 11.20@120.75
7.16 @97mph 1/8 (860 RWHP)
Diesel Only, 7300 lbs., 05 CTD 4x4 QCSB

Garmons Diesel Performance 404-557-4972
www.garmonsdieseldrivetrain.com

My YT Channel
www.youtube.com/user/Interceptor1255

Last edited by Big Swole; 11-19-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Big Swole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:43 PM   #230
allend43
Smoked another BBC

Location: Californys the place ya outta be, so we loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly...hills, that is...

It should be light and simple- Charter Arms Bulldog pug .44 special
allend43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:55 PM   #231
stiatska
Launchin

Love the sigs . I also have a s&w .357 snubby that is only 10 oz. . That fucker is like hitting a flagpole with an aluminum baseball bat when you lite it off. I had my wife shoot it and I put 4 .38's in it and one .357 for the end , she got comfy , then she cried.
stiatska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #232
stiatska
Launchin

Most of the handguns I would love to get are not legal in my fucked up state of MA. I believe that there are manufacturers in this state that can not sell them here .
Old 11-23-2010, 09:09 PM   #233
allend43
Smoked another BBC

Location: Californys the place ya outta be, so we loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly...hills, that is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiatska View Post
Love the sigs . I also have a s&w .357 snubby that is only 10 oz. . That fucker is like hitting a flagpole with an aluminum baseball bat when you lite it off. I had my wife shoot it and I put 4 .38's in it and one .357 for the end , she got comfy , then she cried.
I almost cried too when I shot one of those with .357's in it! lol
Loudest crack I've ever heard!
allend43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:30 PM   #234
cammerfe
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by species0113 View Post
Only if you shoot the gun very little and never use a wire brush in the barrel. Rifling finger prints can and will be easily manipulated whether you like it or not with as little as excessive shooting: to a stiff bore brush or a patch with metal polish. Not to mention all the aftermarket barrels out there.
'Slug' the barrel---(soft lead ball on a screw on the end of a rod and tighten the screw to force the lead into the lands and grooves.) Tap the slug and rod out of the barrel and coat lead with 'Zip' valve-grinding compound. Refit the apparatus into the barrel and pull it through-push it back a few times. This process will nicely burnish the bore and remove any characteristics that a forensic exam would bring out.

KS
cammerfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:52 AM   #235
Doug
Pullin gears

I depend on a Sig 228. (Same as the 226 but about 3/4" shorter)
I've put about 3 thousand rounds through it so far with NO (ZERO) issues of any sort. I've driven framing nails at 15' and have plenty hits on 8" steels at 75 yards.

I shoot IDPA drills with a few folks and have seen quite a few GLOCK malfunctions. One that on occasion will go full auto and empty the mag (on or off the trigger) and SEVERAL that will FTF (fail-to-feed) if the shooter "Limp-wrist's" it. I believe the XD's have the same issue. They use a bit of a stiffer spring in the slide to try and stop the slide from "Actioning" too violently and damaging the plastic frame....So if you don't have a firm enough grip and you're shooting lighter loads, your allowing the muzzle to "Flip" too much and will take too much of the energy away from the "Action"....Causing a FTF...

Sorry, I'm not a big fan of the "Plastic-Fantastic's".

Plus, I like being able to "De-cock" mine.....You can't do that with any of the hammerless pistols.

At home (in my bedstand) is an old Colt .38 service revolver.....
It doesn't get any more reliable than that.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:55 AM   #236
stiatska
Launchin

That sig 228 , have you had it a while ? I think the public has no access to that beauty anymore do we ? That was the 9mm for the seals or something correct? If I'm thinking the same sig , that is the one that made me love sigs . I think it 's also the one the millitary wanted over the beretta , but it had a higher per unit price . they got it for the elites though right?
Old 11-27-2010, 03:05 AM   #237
stiatska
Launchin

...my "bedstand" pistol isn't one of my sigs , the sigs are close enough by , but the one next to the bed is an m9 15 in the magazine and one more for my lucky number 16 , loaded with those nasty magsafe sky marshall rounds , and it's got the m6 tactical light and laser on the rails . Of course a spare 15 just in case it's a whole swarm of zombies , better to have it and not need it... then to need it and not have it .
Old 11-27-2010, 10:59 AM   #238
66notch
Spooled up

Glock 31
66notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:22 PM   #239
Doug
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiatska View Post
That sig 228 , have you had it a while ? I think the public has no access to that beauty anymore do we ? That was the 9mm for the seals or something correct? If I'm thinking the same sig , that is the one that made me love sigs . I think it 's also the one the millitary wanted over the beretta , but it had a higher per unit price . they got it for the elites though right?
I actually just got it about 8 or 9 months ago when I was looking for a Baby Eagle. I came across it in a small gun store NOS for $575....I couldn't pass it up. Trijicon night sights and all.

Sig quit producing the 228 and instead decided to focus more on the 229 and especially their 226 platform. The physical dimensions of the 228 are identical to the 229 which is approx. .75" shorter than the 226.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2010, 06:49 PM   #240
stiatska
Launchin

Oh I know the gun , its a beauty , So you bought it used I assume ? great price . Last I remember when they had it on there site , it was only available for L.e.o. or military. Someday i will find one .