Scammer!!!!!!Orange88!!!!! - Page 6 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Classifieds Feedback > Negative seller/buyer feedback

Negative seller/buyer feedback This section is designed to keep everyone informed on bad experiences when buying and selling parts.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:15 PM   #76
nichols92
Pullin gears

Default Re: Scammer!!!!!!Orange88!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by levers View Post
o88 should eat the shipping sense hes a retard scammer trying to sell bull shit, nobody is that stupid to confuse that for a bowtie block ,
You're an idiot! How is Mike a "scammer" the second the dude said it wasnt a bow tie block Mike said send it back... sounds like a scam to me . Did you expect him to drive to NC and pick it back up by saturday?
nichols92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2010, 02:18 PM   #77
nichols92
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelob1 View Post
Among other things about this,he said he had a fresh hone on the cylinders.Thats not so.Look at the pics he posted.The cylinders are slick as glass.Last time I talked to him he said return it,he would not pay for my first shippng(his fault).He said to ship it back if I paid for half of the shipping.At this point im out 225.00.Shipping alone.Im not going to ship it back without him paying first.I already got it once.
You are scamming Mike! In your first post you said it was $150 in shipping. Not sure how to multi quote so hold on...
Old 02-15-2010, 02:18 PM   #78
nichols92
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelob1 View Post
Mike Bighsley posted an ad for a bbc bowtie block.The ad said it was bored to 4.53.Bowties go to 4.600.Bought the block and had it shipped.150.00.Shipping alone.When I got it it was a 502 block that had been bored out to 4.53.Not a bowtie,far from it.Max bore from gm on this block is 4.500.When I talk to him he says his buddy screwed him and he dont know nothing about big blocks.(the old playing dumb routine).In the ad it says it had a recent hone on the cylinders.Not so.Now I have an already overbored 502 block that needs to be bored again!Useless!!
So who is the scammer?
Old 02-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #79
nichols92
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007dragracer View Post
Look at the picture if it's a real bowtie block then it will have a bowtie on the side, I have several of them and all of them have it .Why don't the rest of you MN babies go back home to your little piss ass site and play your idiot games there.
Welcome to page 1. I think it has been determined that it is not a bow tie block, rather a gen V BB (10 bolt timing cover) I am not a BB expert only but I think thats how you can tell the diff. It is obvious to me it isnt a bow tie block... thats why the buyer should have asked for more info before purchasing, he would have seen it isnt what he wanted. Mike is essentially the middle man and the one who is ultimatlly getting screwed here. He purchased it and was told it was a bow tie block. If he didnt know the dif how would he know? Its what he was told.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #80
XJHEAD
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichols92 View Post
Its what he was told.

See my signature on other forum...

Anyways, I do think OP should have waited to post here. He thought he was getting a Bowtie block, not a MarkV or whatever. Mike had posted up a BBC BT block for sale. I am sure that is what he thought he had had. Both parties failed to ensure what it really was. It is not the OP problem if Mike got fucked on his purchase of it or not. That is something Mike needs to work out with on his own. I do not know what the purchase price was, but I did see he was asking $1000 for it. What is a maxed bored MarkV worth that still needs to be cleaned up?? Probably not worth the cost of another $150 to send back for a total of $300 in shipping.

Sounds like to me someone has a nice boat anchor and Mike should return monies and $150 for shipping..
XJHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:01 PM   #81
levers
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange88 View Post
yeah i bought and sold alot on here.

did i make sure what i was getting before i got it?

or did i see dart sbc and buy it with out knowing what it was?
you bought the bowtie block did you make sure you were getting what you got ........
levers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #82
levers
Smoked another BBC

o88 send a call tag for the block ,when you get it back give him his money back
levers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #83
orange88
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
you bought the bowtie block did you make sure you were getting what you got ........

i thought i did, turns out i didnt.
orange88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:26 PM   #84
orange88
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
o88 send a call tag for the block ,when you get it back give him his money back
im more then willing to.

what else might work is having himdrop it off at his machine shop and have them see if it might be able to be used for what hes doing. then just compensation for the work need so he can use it. he got it for a good deal (i think)less then what i was asking. it may save him some time finding another block, and maybe some money i guess i dont know what hes building tho
Old 02-15-2010, 06:25 PM   #85
farrigno
aka hulk
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
i should tell you to pound sand like many have told me to. due to you being a pile making this thread after you not getting a call back within a few hours. you got me off gaurd with your call on friday, so i had no time to think about whats happening. im going to be at more of a loss on this thing then you in the end so give me a fuckin break. i told you when i first talked to you about you buying it i didnt know much about the motor or exactly what it was. i also told you i only knew what i was told about it.

im not one to screw people so you WILL have your money return to you for the block but your going to have to work with me on it. like many others have said after moneys returned items rarly come back. like i said i know nothing about BB's or even bowties motors. i know what friends and other people tell me. look at my history on here mores of my post/treads are asking question.

i suggest next time you buy somthing over the internet do alittle more home work on what your buying. its the buyers job to make sure they are buying what they want not the sellers.
would you buy a car from a privite party that had no clue about it over the internet unseen?
i just bought a transmission from on here. maybe you should ask him how many questions i asked before i sent him any money. i made sure it was what i wanted 100%. i also no jack shit about transmission. so like everything else i called a buddy that knew a little bit about them and asked what he thought. guess what the odds of me calling the guy and telling him its not what i wanted are about 1% since i did my homework.
this could go both wats maybe "YOU" should do a little more reaserch before you sell something you know nothing about?!?!?!......just sayin
test n tune champ,06,07,08and beyond"
http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t14/FARRIGNO/
farrigno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:30 PM   #86
JFontaine
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
im more then willing to.

what else might work is having himdrop it off at his machine shop and have them see if it might be able to be used for what hes doing. then just compensation for the work need so he can use it. he got it for a good deal (i think)less then what i was asking. it may save him some time finding another block, and maybe some money i guess i dont know what hes building tho
The cylinder walls are too thin for this block, its a boat anchor. A bow tie block is a lot more than just a logo on the side. It is stronge, thicker walls, more web, etc...
The block is probably not worth the shipping price.
JFontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #87
slowstang
Smoked another BBC

wow this is a mess
slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:51 PM   #88
orange88
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrigno View Post
this could go both wats maybe "YOU" should do a little more reaserch before you sell something you know nothing about?!?!?!......just sayin
you are right
Old 02-15-2010, 06:52 PM   #89
orange88
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFontaine View Post
The cylinder walls are too thin for this block, its a boat anchor. A bow tie block is a lot more than just a logo on the side. It is stronge, thicker walls, more web, etc...
just was a thought
Old 02-15-2010, 07:08 PM   #90
slow8.0
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFontaine View Post

Exactly! What a fucking mess! Both are at fault here, but in my opinion O88 is more at fault and should refund the money and if he wants the block back then he should have to pay to ship the heap of shit. Then the other party is out his money of what he paid to ship it the first time and should call it a wash because he didnt ask for more info/pics.
slow8.0 is offline   Reply With Quote