******Hand Gun Review******** - Page 9 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > The Bullet ~ Handguns, Rifles and Shotguns

The Bullet ~ Handguns, Rifles and Shotguns TREE HUGGERS NOT WELCOME!!!

Old 03-23-2007, 12:19 AM   #121
Monty Mikho
Satan
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C White View Post
The only comfort you should have is having the ability to employ that weapon and being comfortable using it with the ability to hit and stop the threat.

I remember in class there was a 773 rule

7 seconds to gather the ability to think
7 second to grab your gun
3 second to point and shoot..

I believe thats how it went.. This was an average time of what it took people to shoot under a high street situation.. I know this sounds high and Im sure people can do better.. I will not personally argue this statistic .. I practice to shut my car off and do all the right stuff in the event something happens.. Well when something happened (car caught fire at around 165 MPH) all my training went out the window and I went brain dead.. It took me what seemed a life time to react... The car came to almost a complete stop before I pulled the off switch, undid my belts and window net to get the phuck outta there... I know I know.. Everyone else can do better..

Monty Mikho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2007, 12:20 AM   #122
Monty Mikho
Satan
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Kurzawa View Post
Reason i asked is i might go tomorrow, i took the day off of work so i can enjoy a full day of doing whatever i please, for a change.

Sure do it when I have shit to do.. I went Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and today.. Where the phuck was everyone at then?

Old 03-23-2007, 12:21 AM   #123
Monty Mikho
Satan
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

Oh yeah there was an FFF rule to.. Fire till the Fucker Falls

Old 03-23-2007, 12:24 AM   #124
Ed Kurzawa
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Mikho View Post
Sure do it when I have shit to do.. I went Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and today.. Where the phuck was everyone at then?

WORK
Ed Kurzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:38 AM   #125
MCM
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
I remember in class there was a 773 rule

7 seconds to gather the ability to think
7 second to grab your gun
3 second to point and shoot..

I believe thats how it went.. This was an average time of what it took people to shoot under a high street situation.. I know this sounds high and Im sure people can do better.. I will not personally argue this statistic .. I practice to shut my car off and do all the right stuff in the event something happens.. Well when something happened (car caught fire at around 165 MPH) all my training went out the window and I went brain dead.. It took me what seemed a life time to react... The car came to almost a complete stop before I pulled the off switch, undid my belts and window net to get the phuck outta there... I know I know.. Everyone else can do better..
It seems way high to me - you can be killed easily within that time frame. Count the number of seconds it takes this guy to draw and shoot 2 people (one perp already has a gun pointed to his head):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmKR6evZRQQ

I know it's just a movie, but the director of Collateral (Michael Mann) had Tom Cruise take a weeks long, hands on tactical defense training program with a highly regarded personal trainer, long before the movie began filming, and his gun handling/shooting techniques throughout the movie are very real.

MCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:13 AM   #126
Monty Mikho
Satan
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCM View Post
It seems way high to me - you can be killed easily within that time frame. Count the number of seconds it takes this guy to draw and shoot 2 people (one perp already has a gun pointed to his head):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmKR6evZRQQ

I know it's just a movie, but the director of Collateral (Michael Mann) had Tom Cruise take a weeks long, hands on tactical defense training program with a highly regarded personal trainer, long before the movie began filming, and his gun handling/shooting techniques throughout the movie are very real.

That is the point.. If you are being robbed at gun point.. and he has his weapon drawn.. you have slim to none chance of getting to him no matter how many times you have drawn your weapon from your holster in the mirror making bam noises. A guy in our class could draw in around 1-2 seconds maybe less.. he was quick.. He was dead quick.. But the teacher guaranteed him if he was just walking down the road and someone jumps out in front of him that his mind and body would not react as quick.. And I have to agree with the teacher on this one.. Unless you have been in a hostile situation.. its tuff to say..

Old 03-23-2007, 01:25 AM   #127
O.C White
Smoked Another SBC

To the untrained eye, it looks like Tom Cruise did a lot. You can definitely tell Micheal Mann takes his movies serious.

Okay here is what I noticed. Tom Cruise closed the distance between him and his targets notice the loser with the pistol turned sideways, and 2nd the other bozo couldn't get his drawn in time.

Textbook close quarter kill.
Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army"

Moral professionalism at its finest.
Mathew 5:9

Quote:
Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk. ~Joaquin de Setanti
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylogger View Post
You ornry bastard
O.C White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:31 AM   #128
Monty Mikho
Satan
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

i watched the movie.. that is awesome.. Things always come together when you expect them.. the 773 rule applies to when you dont expect anything coming.. Kinda like someone scaring the shit out of you when you walk around a corner.. You freeze.. till you figure out its a joke.. But if it wasnt a joke.. I can imagine the shit that would be going thru someones head.. Will I die, will I see my kids, why me, what the phuck am I gonna do.. All that shit takes time.. You get tunnel vision.. You cant think straight.. it sucks..

Gunny may be able to handle it a little better as he has probably been in these situations.. But at war you are always alert.. He probably still is.. But for us average clowns.. We have no idea what the next minute holds.. Last thing we think about is we are going to be robbed.. shot.. or get hit by a semi..

Old 03-23-2007, 01:43 AM   #129
MCM
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
To the untrained eye, it looks like Tom Cruise did a lot. You can definitely tell Micheal Mann takes his movies serious.

Okay here is what I noticed. Tom Cruise closed the distance between him and his targets notice the loser with the pistol turned sideways, and 2nd the other bozo couldn't get his drawn in time.

Textbook close quarter kill.
A few other points to add... He immediately grabbed the wrist of the first attacker with his "weak" hand to prevent himself from being shot while he reached for his own weapon. This is a prime example of why it so important that you are able to draw and fire with only the use of ONE hand. Another point... after he drew his gun, he immediately anchored his lower right arm against his waist and just point fired 2 shots directly in his center mass (perfect form for this close encounter).

Old 03-23-2007, 01:46 AM   #130
O.C White
Smoked Another SBC

To touch on a point MCM touched on everyone has a weak hand. To make this as simple as possible if you are right handed guess which hand is your weak hand? Yep you guessed it, your left hand unless you are ambidextrious. I am not as strong left hand as right handed but I am comfortable shooting with either hand.

Quote:
Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk. ~Joaquin de Setanti
Quote:
You ornry bastard
Old 03-23-2007, 01:54 AM   #131
MCM
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
i watched the movie.. that is awesome.. Things always come together when you expect them.. the 773 rule applies to when you dont expect anything coming.. Kinda like someone scaring the shit out of you when you walk around a corner.. You freeze.. till you figure out its a joke.. But if it wasnt a joke.. I can imagine the shit that would be going thru someones head.. Will I die, will I see my kids, why me, what the phuck am I gonna do.. All that shit takes time.. You get tunnel vision.. You cant think straight.. it sucks..

Gunny may be able to handle it a little better as he has probably been in these situations.. But at war you are always alert.. He probably still is.. But for us average clowns.. We have no idea what the next minute holds.. Last thing we think about is we are going to be robbed.. shot.. or get hit by a semi..
So true. It's easy to sit hear and talk about what you'd do in a given situation, but when you're suddenly involved in one, you will more than likely be caught offguard and freeze up. That's why it's wise to constantly practice your shooting skills whenever you can and always stay alert to your surroundings to help you better handle a sudden "stress" situation.

Old 03-23-2007, 01:55 AM   #132
Monty Mikho
Satan
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

Quote:
but I am comfortable shooting with either hand.

and as accurate..

Old 03-23-2007, 01:57 AM   #133
Monty Mikho
Satan
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCM View Post
So true. It's easy to sit hear and talk about what you'd do in a given situation, but when you're suddenly involved in one, you will more than likely be caught offguard and freeze up. That's why it's wise to constantly practice your shooting skills whenever you can and always stay alert to your surroundings to help you better handle a sudden "stress" situation.

Im always stressed dammit!!!

Old 03-23-2007, 01:59 AM   #134
MCM
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Im always stressed dammit!!!
X2.

Old 03-23-2007, 02:12 AM   #135
O.C White
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
and as accurate..
Same principal applies both hands. Sight alignment, trigger control, follow through. Well there isn't much follow through when you switch hands in the middle of recoil.

Quote:
Quote:
You ornry bastard