Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Thompson 8.90 index class is a GO!

36K views 624 replies 62 participants last post by  Tom Cowle's wife 
#1 ·
We recently met with Jim Curtis of Thompson Raceway Park to discuss adding an '8.90 heads-up index class' to run at the track and the
meeting went extremely well to say the least. We will be having a 'test session' in early May and if we have a good showing Jim Curtis
will be adding the 8.90 class to run on all of Thompson Raceway's ASPHALT WARS dates!!! (final dates to be announced) Below are the rules
that we presented Jim Curtis for this class.

8.90 OUTLAW STREET GAMBLERS (name suggestion) RULES

BODY/INTERIOR

1. Full-bodied factory street type cars (domestic and import)
2. Working Headlights and Taillights mandatory, this means headlights NOT foglamps
3. NO DRAGSTERS, ROADSTERS, ALTERDS OR CENTER STEER CARS
4. Must be street appearing/no gutted interiors/carpetedinterior even if rear seat is removed (The interior should look clean
andprofessionally done)
5. Must have interior door panels
6. Racecar lettering on windows only (minor exceptions may apply)
7. Back half or stock REAR suspension permitted
8. Windows, Lexan permitted (Roll down windows optional)
9. Must have stock style front suspension
10. No full round or square tube chassis cars
11. Any size drive tires permitted

ELECTRONICS

12. Bracket Racing Aids: No throttle stops, No Electric shifters or Optical sensors.
13. No delay boxes or other driver aided electronics.
The application or use of any device, mechanical or electronic, that permit the driver to ascertain the position of their vehicle in
relation to the starting line is prohibited.
14. Progressive Nitrous controller system permitted
15. No electric or air shifters.

SAFETY

All cars must meet all current IHRA/NHRA SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
Drivers are required to wear the required safety equipment for the ET's that are being run.

RULES COMMITTEE

All cars will be reviewed by a RULES COMMITTEE to ensure they meet the spirit of the class. Fairness is all we are promoting.

THERE WILL BE NO 'GUTTED' RACECARS PERMITTED TO RACE, IF THE CAR DOESN'T FIT THE SPIRIT OF THE RULES IT WILL NOT RACE WITH THE 8.90
INDEX CARS.

FORMAT

1/4 MILE RACE
8.90 INDEX
.400 PRO TREE (COURTESY STAGING IN EFFECT)
16 CAR QUALIFIED FIELD
CARS QUALIFIED 8.8999 OR QUICKER ARE SITUATED AFTER THE SLOWEST
QUALIFIED CAR IN THE FINAL QUALIFYING ORDER.
PROFESSIONAL RUN ORDER (1 VS. 16, 2 VS. 15, ETC.)
DOUBLE BREAKOUT CLOSEST TO 8.90 WINS

IF 20 OR MORE CARS ENTERED THERE WILL BE A GAMBLER STYLE RACE AMOUNGST CARS QUALIFIED NO. 17 AND LOWER (WE WANT EVERYONE TO
RACE)

IF ONLY 19 CARS ARE ENTERED, QUALIFIED CARS NO. 17, 18 AND 19 WILL BE ABLE TO RACE IN THE TRACKS REGULAR BRACKET PROGRAM

PAYOUTS/ENTRY

ENTRY FEE $50.00 at the gate

PAYOUT IS 100 PERCENT !!

80 PERCENT TO WINNER
20 PERCENT TO RUNNER-UP

THESE ARE THE FINAL RULES.

please send all inquiries to; Paul Suloff VIPERAKRON@AOL.COM or Tom Cowle RAMBLERBME@YAHOO.COM.

DO NOT CONTACT THE TRACK ABOUT THE RULES.

See less See more
#41 ·
Denn it's a mustang,if he patred it out he wouldn't get shit for it.Those body styles are a dime a dozen.I'm thinkin he's short on cash at this time and cant get it done,or he's going to show up unanounced and TRY to take every down.I myself am trying to get the funds together so i can come n play only time will tell.

#45 ·
A suggestion for you guys that are thinking of running in this class and don't think your fast enough. If you want a class like this to race in the future, come out and support it now even if your a second off. You can always step up next year or later in the season. If it fails now it will be harder to try and bring back later.

#49 ·
Excellent point!!! Make a strong showing right off and establish the class. Then you have something to build towards. And remember this ain't super gas, we aren't going to be running a string of 8.901s. Times are going to be all over the ballpark and anyone can win in any particular round.

#47 ·
I'll be there and anybody who doesn't think they can run the number, there may be enough for a second class. This was brought up at the first thread. Would be cool to get so many cars that another class would be formed.

#60 ·
Name IN for May session???
1. blaze - YES
2. blumaro - YES
3. calvin
4. viperakron - YES
5. nastynova - YES
6. jay power - YES
7. turbo vert
8. denn468 - YES
9. mr z
10. mugger
11. renegade
12. bigcharlie - YES
13. 1sikgt
14. carguy68
15. jeff clark
17. fast82z
18. Danj
19. nx69camaro
20. THE STING
21. Scootin69
22. Orange67 - YES
23. smackjack - YES
24. hotrodhup
25. huffracing
26. storeyracing
27. koolrayz - YES
28. 3bars197
29. u lev 1st - YES
30. 572charger - YES

#61 ·
1. blaze - YES
2. blumaro - YES
3. calvin
4. viperakron - YES
5. nastynova - YES
6. jay power - YES
7. turbo vert
8. denn468 - YES
9. mr z
10. mugger
11. renegade
12. bigcharlie - YES
13. 1sikgt
14. carguy68
15. jeff clark
17. fast82z
18. Danj
19. nx69camaro
20. THE STING
21. Scootin69
22. Orange67 - YES
23. smackjack - YES
24. hotrodhup
25. huffracing
26. storeyracing
27. koolrayz - YES
28. 3bars197
29. u lev 1st - YES
30. 572charger - YES
I will come

#67 ·
I hope all that say will make it will show up. All the bad ass street cars in the staging lanes will make a nice picture. I'm getting goose bumps already.

No wait thats a hard on, Sorry its hard to tell the difference! haha

#70 ·

1. blaze - YES
2. blumaro - YES
3. calvin
4. viperakron - YES
5. nastynova - YES
6. jay power - YES
7. turbo vert
8. denn468 - YES
9. mr z - YES
10. mugger
11. renegade
12. bigcharlie - YES
13. 1sikgt
14. carguy68
15. jeff clark
17. fast82z
18. Danj
19. nx69camaro
20. THE STING
21. Scootin69
22. Orange67 - YES
23. smackjack - YES
24. hotrodhup
25. huffracing
26. storeyracing
27. koolrayz - YES
28. 3bars197
29. u lev 1st - YES
30. 572charger - YES
31. mrtbolt64 - YES

Lets keep the ball rolling and spread the word to other web sites that you might visit.

I'll try to keep this list current as more people post up. Blaze is right it will make an awesome photo with all these cars in the lanes, maybe we can get 'johnboy' (photographer) to stage it for us.

We have a couple of announcements brewing on the burner, details forthcoming.

#73 ·

1. blaze - YES
2. blumaro - YES
3. calvin
4. viperakron - YES
5. nastynova - YES
6. jay power - YES
7. turbo vert
8. denn468 - YES
9. mr z - YES
10. mugger
11. renegade-YES
12. bigcharlie - YES
13. 1sikgt
14. carguy68
15. jeff clark
17. fast82z
18. Danj
19. nx69camaro
20. THE STING
21. Scootin69
22. Orange67 - YES
23. smackjack - YES
24. hotrodhup
25. huffracing
26. storeyracing
27. koolrayz - YES
28. 3bars197
29. u lev 1st - YES
30. 572charger - YES
31. mrtbolt64 - YES

Lets keep the ball rolling and spread the word to other web sites that you might visit.

I'll try to keep this list current as more people post up. Blaze is right it will make an awesome photo with all these cars in the lanes, maybe we can get 'johnboy' (photographer) to stage it for us.

We have a couple of announcements brewing on the burner, details forthcoming.

count me in as long as my update's to the car are done......... i'll do my best to be ready

#71 ·
Tom,

Nice job on talking to Jim and getting this class to run there.I haven't seen Butch much since the cold weather got here.Maybe Chris can talk him into running the class.I bet with some NOS Butch's car would be pretty close to those times.He just needs some seat time in the car only had it to the track once with the big motor in it.

Later Mark.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.