Impact Racing.... - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Let's Talk Drag Racing

Let's Talk Drag Racing Talk about drag racing with censorship...

Old 11-11-2009, 09:02 PM   #16
pb27t
Burnout box

Default Re: Impact Racing....

Everyone has to make there own decision but I will not buy anything from impact again. Last year they were offering a deal to trade in you old belts regardless of make or date and give 100 dollars off price of a new set. A freind was going to the vegas national so we called and asked if they would trade the belts at their manufactures trailer they said yes so he took my belts and his. When he got there they had no new belts but took our belts, money and addresses to send belts out to. 1 week no belts-called had none in stock yet send out next week. 3 weeks- called just got belts in send them right away. 5-weeks- called , what belts, who are you?
That was bad enough but the treatment of the alcohol races over the suit recall was way over the top.
pb27t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2009, 09:48 PM   #17
1badazzride2
Pullin gears

IMPACT Seems to be getting deeper & deeper in trouble. First the Suits (SFI 15 & 20) then the gloves & boots. Now they are in trouble & In a lawsuit with HANS for counterfiet Hans Helmet Anchors. For me and Safety Sake be careful in what you choose.
Altronics / Braille Auto / Chassis Shop / COOLShirt / CrewChief Pro/ Davis Technologies / FireFox / ISP Seats / Joes Racing Products / KOOLMat / Manhattan Oils / MOROSO / Pro Werks / RED Line Oil / Reeactor Trans Brake Buttons / ROCK Batteries / Safety Solutions / Trailer-Alarms / VP Fuels / Wilkins Wrenches
1badazzride2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:19 AM   #18
Hammertime
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02SS:Zeus View Post
Thanks for the input. I e-mailed Impact Racing asking about this recall and their product...this is what I got back from their sales manager...

"Hello Ken

I assure you we do not have any problems with our product. Some of those issues were blown way out of proportion. Like for instance SFI was fussing over the embroidery thread we used and their very own SFI tag that they send us to use burns so fast that you would not believe. Any way we stand behind our product 100% the papers never told the story that we replaced all the suits in ? and paid for our customers shipping both ways and provided loaner suits until theirs were in their hands."

He also offered me a discount if I bought a head to toe deal. Seems like a pretty cool guy.

That guy flat out lied to you .... they gave a 500.00 credit towards a new one for each -15 suit you owned and thats it !! Real standup business there ... f's them up and then lies about how they took care of it ...
Hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #19
1badazzride2
Pullin gears

They only did "LOANER" Suits for a FEW Top Notch Teams/Drivers & Messed with everybody else.

That and 2 key people in the Drag Racing Side of IMPACT have left due to all the crap happening over there so what does that tell you
Altronics / Braille Auto / Chassis Shop / COOLShirt / CrewChief Pro/ Davis Technologies / FireFox / ISP Seats / Joes Racing Products / KOOLMat / Manhattan Oils / MOROSO / Pro Werks / RED Line Oil / Reeactor Trans Brake Buttons / ROCK Batteries / Safety Solutions / Trailer-Alarms / VP Fuels / Wilkins Wrenches
1badazzride2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:09 PM   #20
62biscayne
Spooled up

I have all Impact stuff sfi 15 suit / boots /gloves / helmet / belts & crew shrits Love all of the products. leslie at impact took very good care of me!!!!!!!!!!!!
In short IMPACT is all i will buy.
62biscayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:05 PM   #21
g4dadon
Pullin gears

I currently have impact pants and jacket and is very pleased with it!! I guess this is like everything else to eaches own.
g4dadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:50 AM   #22
trap
Burnout box

Thumbs down Re: Impact Racing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02SS:Zeus View Post
Thanks for the input. I e-mailed Impact Racing asking about this recall and their product...this is what I got back from their sales manager...

"Hello Ken

I assure you we do not have any problems with our product. Some of those issues were blown way out of proportion. Like for instance SFI was fussing over the embroidery thread we used and their very own SFI tag that they send us to use burns so fast that you would not believe. Any way we stand behind our product 100% the papers never told the story that we replaced all the suits in ? and paid for our customers shipping both ways and provided loaner suits until theirs were in their hands."

He also offered me a discount if I bought a head to toe deal. Seems like a pretty cool guy.

I'll think about it man. Shoot me pics if you get a chance. I'm in Afghanistan, so calling you would be tough. But maybe we can work something out. I'm gonna see what kind of deal Impact is talking about giving me and we'll go from there.

Wow, I must be the only one who got screwed. I sent my 15 suit in and was offered a loaner and it never showed up. Would have missed my biggest race of the year if it werent for a follow racer who let me borrow his. They would not replace my suit. They only offered me a 500 dollor credit on the purchase of a new suit. They claimed that my suit passed specs but would not recertify. I even tried to use the credit to down grade to a regular -5 suit. After repeated phone calls they finally sent my suit back with the tags cut off. They did pay the return shipping but I paid for the overnight ups to them. Its a shame I really like there stuff (still have their helmet) but they lost my bussiness for this year.
trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:57 AM   #23
ChuckT
Homer
Smoked another BBC

I'm not quick enough to require jacket or pants, but I love my Impact helmet. Made in the USA.
www.rodeheavershotrod.com/
ChuckT is offline   Reply With Quote