Norwalk 2010 Chaos Rules - Page 6 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Let's Talk Drag Racing

Let's Talk Drag Racing Talk about drag racing with censorship...

Old 11-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #76
mrtbolt64
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Norwalk 2010 Chaos Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastynovaII View Post
This is what I've been saying since day one when the bitching started about the rules. Some of the guys just don't get it and I'm not sure why, hell we run on a 28x10 which is equivalent to the 275 and we get it done with no problems and I'm welcoming guys with back halfed cars and big tires. Again it's an index class, either you step up your game and try to run 8.90 or run the best ya can and hope someone slips up and use it to your advantage. It's pretty obvious by allowing bigger tires such as the W's there is no real performance advantage. Go ahead and allow the big tires and back halfed cars it'll increase the car count but we'll stick to our little tires and stock fender wells.

I agree with Scott very much, the class is supposed to be fun and its the 1st year of it. I am sure the 2nd year you will see more people coming to get in it, give it time to build.

Seriously now...I ran most of the events with NOTCHED FRAME RAILS and nobody said shit because I was on the 275s.

For no more money than the class paid out it was pretty much just fun anyway. I could gave a shit less if someone showed up on 33x14s and open headers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #77
Calvin
Smoked another BBC

"Some of you are real fucking pussy's. If I can run 9.20s now on 275s I guarantee 8.90s on the same little 275s. Take your 31 inch by 10.5s and shove it up your ass's you fucking cry babies".

Wow...those are some pretty interesting statements there. What seems to have happened to bring this on?
Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:23 PM   #78
mrtbolt64
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
"Some of you are real fucking pussy's. If I can run 9.20s now on 275s I guarantee 8.90s on the same little 275s. Take your 31 inch by 10.5s and shove it up your ass's you fucking cry babies".

Wow...those are some pretty interesting statements there. What seems to have happened to bring this on?

Beer........
Old 11-09-2009, 11:34 PM   #79
nastynovaII
WANNA BE WASHED UP RACER!
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtbolt64 View Post
For no more money than the class paid out it was pretty much just fun anyway. I could gave a shit less if someone showed up on 33x14s and open headers
That being said I think some may not know or don't really care but I'll say it again, we take a day off of work on Fridays, make a 7 hr. round trip, spend $150.00 in fuel for the truck, go through $120.00 worth of nitrous, $75.00 in racing fuel, $120.00 in gate fees for driver and crew and roughly $40.00 in food for the day. Add it all up and we spend over $500.00 for a night of racing just to have fun not mention what I lost in a days wage, throw that on there and I've spent more than $640.00 all to try and win $400 if everything goes right. I think some of ya'll need a reality check and stop taking this shit so serious, could I run big tires on our car? Yeah I'm sure we could get a bigger one on there, would we? No, our shit works on small tires and I personally could care less what they allow as long as it meets the basic requirements registration, insurance, plated and full complete interior!
Old 11-10-2009, 12:21 AM   #80
ozone eater
Smoked Another SBC

WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE FUCKING TIRE SIZE! it doesnt matter. run 8.90 and you have a shot. you can run a damn 8" wide tire and run the number if you know what you are doing. keep the cars stock appearing so there are no true race cars there and race. if you cant run the number sit your ass in the stands or grow some balls and upgrade your shit and go and try to run the number.

yes i can, and yes we can.

ask not what mike barran can do for you but what you can do for mike barran.
ozone eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:32 AM   #81
1sikgt
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lutz View Post
Why would anyone care if someone showed up with a Jet engine? The class has a 8.90 break out rule which keeps everything equal.
x2!!!!!DUH!!!!!!!!!Bunch of whiners!
Old 11-10-2009, 12:55 AM   #82
85merc
Burnout box

What do you call "a true race car" ?? We all drive race cars! Mufflers, tags,and insurance can be put on anything so bring em out. Big tire, little tire, ladderbar, four link,stock it don't matter. Go too fast you get to go home!!
85merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:31 PM   #83
carguy68
Pullin gears

i raced last year just for the fun of it i knew my car wouldnt win but i had fun. im going to build a bigger motor and change my trans and hopefully be competative for next year. i hope they ban purple cars from racing next year! j/k jeff
carguy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:40 PM   #84
Jeff Clark
winners circle
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy68 View Post
i raced last year just for the fun of it i knew my car wouldnt win but i had fun. im going to build a bigger motor and change my trans and hopefully be competative for next year. i hope they ban purple cars from racing next year! j/k jeff
You better hope they ban me . Cause thats the only way you will win..haha

Clark's Auto Body
Jeff Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:01 PM   #85
gerry penn
doing it right
Smoked another BBC

woohoo man i missed alot today- man i love my job ill be there guys -dont care about any of the rules- 8.90 is all that matters- and if not ill send my intake off to steve johnson and run radial see you guys this summer with my big inch motor wtf - lmao i wish i had a big motor -
Old 11-10-2009, 05:01 PM   #86
denn468
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtbolt64 View Post
Some of you are real fucking pussy's. If I can run 9.20s now on 275s I guarantee 8.90s on the same little 275s. Take your 31 inch by 10.5s and shove it up your ass's you fucking cry babies

Viperakron...........do you want me to buy you a box of fucking tissues? Is It Puffs Plus you need????
hey biatch you need to wake up and smell the coffee! a rule change is needed to make norwalks program grow! its obvious that only four cars could or did run 890s range! a 9.20 wont make a pimple on a classof 8.90 cars ass! the class needs car count to make it work! everyone acts like big tires mean 7sec car bullshit, 8.90 is the fastest you can go period! big fucking deal! small tires, big tires, round tires, square tires, whats the performance difference? there is none my 10.5 w tire has the same tread as your 10.5 tire maybe less big deal! do you guys really think that a outlaw 10.5 car is going to want to slow his car down and run 8.90 hell no! and if he did so what! his 8.90 is no faster than your 8.90 my car wont run 8.90s on motor i have to put a small shot on it to run the number! im just trying to fit in a class at the chaos too! what ever they do to change the rules im happy with! i just hope that what ever change they decide to make brings the car count and quality to where it needs to be! your 9.20 ass dont need to be so insecure with your sexuality!
denn468 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:32 PM   #87
Jim Craig
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by denn468 View Post
hey biatch you need to wake up and smell the coffee! a rule change is needed to make norwalks program grow! its obvious that only four cars could or did run 890s range! a 9.20 wont make a pimple on a classof 8.90 cars ass! the class needs car count to make it work! everyone acts like big tires mean 7sec car bullshit, 8.90 is the fastest you can go period! big fucking deal! small tires, big tires, round tires, square tires, whats the performance difference? there is none my 10.5 w tire has the same tread as your 10.5 tire maybe less big deal! do you guys really think that a outlaw 10.5 car is going to want to slow his car down and run 8.90 hell no! and if he did so what! his 8.90 is no faster than your 8.90 my car wont run 8.90s on motor i have to put a small shot on it to run the number! im just trying to fit in a class at the chaos too! what ever they do to change the rules im happy with! i just hope that what ever change they decide to make brings the car count and quality to where it needs to be! your 9.20 ass dont need to be so insecure with your sexuality!
No Shit -- you hit the nail on the head. This is what "viper boy" has been pushing for -- now the only other problem for some will be the tags, and license deal. I'll just be forging my info.
Jim Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:52 PM   #88
fastdart
Pullin gears

we have a dart on 29.5 x 10.5 with stock rails and leaf springs.would this fit in this class?full int,tagged.w/ins.all motor....hell even the dome light still works...just asking.
n/a on leaf springs
fastdart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:57 PM   #89
nastynovaII
WANNA BE WASHED UP RACER!
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdart View Post
we have a dart on 29.5 x 10.5 with stock rails and leaf springs.would this fit in this class?full int,tagged.w/ins.all motor....hell even the dome light still works...just asking.
Yes!

STREET ASSASSIN 2009

Sponsored by Streetrod Stuff (SRS)
(Revised March 23, 2009)
STREET ASSASSIN

This class will be a 16 car qualified field using a sportsman ladder (1-9, 2-10, 3-11, 4-12) and a .400 pro tree. Street Assassin will compete on the ¼-mile. Cars will not be permitted to run quicker than 8.90 seconds in the ¼ mile. NHRA safety rules will be strictly enforced based upon competitor’s elapsed time and miles per hour. Cars must be tech approved before qualifying.
DESIGNATION: SA followed by car number.
WEIGHT MINIMUMS: 3,000 pounds with driver

Race Procedures
BREAKOUT: Any car running quicker than 8.90 seconds will be disqualified. In the case of a double breakout, the car running closest to 8.90 will be declared the winner.
CHANGING DRIVERS: The car and driver may not be switched after the car and driver have qualified.
ELIMINATIONS: Should a qualified car break before the first round of eliminations, alternate(s) will be instated.
LANE CHOICE: In all cases, lane choice will be granted (in any pair) to the car with the lower elapsed time in either qualifying or the previous round of eliminations.
QUALIFYING: Cars must alternate lanes in qualifying. There will be two (2) official qualifying sessions unless legitimate circumstances prevent it, i.e. inclement weather, etc.
Once a car takes the green light or leaves before the tree in activated it is considered an official qualifying run. If a car breaks before the act of staging, you will be given until the end of the round to qualify.
STAGING: Once a car in directed into the bleach box, he/she will be required to run within two (2) minutes after being directed to do so or will be disqualified. Courtesy staging will be enforced.
STARTING: All cars must have a battery and starter and may only be “push started” in an emergency situation.
During eliminations, any vehicle starting a run before the tree in activated will be disqualified. A re-run will result only if both vehicles leave before the tree is activated.
TIMING SYSTEM: The Compulink Timing System with Auto Start will be used.

Requirements & Specifications
BODY
BODY: Must be full-bodied cars and trucks only with full fenders: no open body, roadster or funny car bodies allowed. Hood, both doors and trunk must be operable. Convertibles must have top up.
FIBERGLASS: No restrictions.

COMPUTERS & ELECTRONICS
COMPUTERS: Onboard diagnostic computers are permitted.
ELECTRONICS: Optical sensors are not permitted.
CHASSIS
BALLAST: Any ballast must be secured, i.e. bolted as per the NHRA rulebook.
Revision: CHASSIS: Must have stock rear and stock front frame rails. No notching of the stock factory frame rail will be permitted. Mini tubs are permitted.
SUSPENSION: Any type suspension permitted; including 4-link and ladder bars.
ENGINE
ENGINE: Any internal combustion engine allowed with any modification. Only one engine may be used. No cubic inch limit. Only one power adder is allowed.
EXHAUST
MUFFLERS: Mandatory.
FUEL
FUEL: Must use gasoline only, no alternative fuels permitted.

INSURANCE
INSURANCE: Participants will be required to have proof of insurance, i.e. an insurance card or equivalent.

INTERIOR
INTERIOR: Stock dash and stock appearing interior, including two (2) front seats. Rear seat(s) optional.
LICENSE
LICENSE: Cars must be licensed, registered and insured. No dealer plates will be permitted.

TRANSMISSION
TRANSMISSION: Any transmission permitted.

TIRES
TIRES: The D.O.T. tire maximum size is 29x11.5. The Slick tire maximum size is 29.5x10.5. Rear tire(s) may not extend out beyond the rear body panels.

WINDOWS
WINDOWS: No Lexan.

SAFETY EQUIPMENT
All cars/drivers equipment must pass track safety rules and comply with all NHRA regulations. Chassis must meet certification for elapsed time and speed.
CLEARANCE: Three (3”) inch ground clearance is required from the front end to twelve (12”) inches behind the spindle.

SCHEDULE, TIMES & PURSE

Gates Open: 3:00 PM Qualifying Times: 5:30 pm First Round: 7:45 pm Fees: Car & Driver $50 Adults $15 Child (6-14) $ 5
GUARANTEED PURSE Winner $400.00 Runner Up $200.00 Semi $ 75.00 Quarter $ 50.00 Total payout $950.00
#1 Qualifier Bonus #1 Qualifiier $50.00 $1,000 Guaranteed Purse!

Old 11-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #90
ozone eater
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry penn View Post
woohoo man i missed alot today- man i love my job ill be there guys -dont care about any of the rules- 8.90 is all that matters- and if not ill send my intake off to steve johnson and run radial see you guys this summer with my big inch motor wtf - lmao i wish i had a big motor -
send that bitch out now and come play with the big boys. d/r will be stout next year at norwalk.

yes i can, and yes we can.

ask not what mike barran can do for you but what you can do for mike barran.
ozone eater is offline   Reply With Quote