Strange axles. - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Trash Or Be Trashed

Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS

Old 10-20-2009, 05:23 PM   #1
randyrw
Smoked another BBC

Default Strange axles.

Has anyone delt with the bs warranty. They say they only warranty broke axles. If your axles are twisted they say run them until they break. So who pays for a wrecked car when those bitch's break at 100+mph. All they could say is send them in and they may or may not warranty them. WTF!!
randyrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
Berryracer
Spooled up

Default Re: Strange axles.

I don't know how they warranty their axles, but I sure have seen them with twisted splines more than once. Bummer
Berryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:35 PM   #3
sleeper409
Smoked another BBC

Strange has always been like that. They told a friend of mine to be twisted 5 or 6 spline was normal!!

SHOW CARS ARE FOR PUSSIES
sleeper409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:38 PM   #4
BRIANS02TA
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper409 View Post
Strange has always been like that. They told a friend of mine to be twisted 5 or 6 spline was normal!!
i have a buddy that twisted some 40 splines and they told him the same. that was normal... b/s i say

68 chevelle
BRIANS02TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:39 PM   #5
BAD INT
Smoked Another SBC

swap sides and fixem yourself. I know they allow foor so much twist but didnt know when warranty kicked in or replacement was warranted
BAD INT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:40 PM   #6
quick331coupe
Pullin gears

Yes, there warranty is questionable but when is the last time you heard of someone breaking a strange axle? I sent mine in last winter from one of my old cars, they were twisted almost 2 splines. The told me, we don't harden our axles to the hardest, like some other company's do (Mark Williams is who they used as an expample). When our axles twist, they get harder, so three splines of twist is usual. If you take an axle out and it has more than that, then its about time to replace it. The other company's will show no sign of being weak, they will just break. Thats the explanation I got from them. I have yet to break one, so I believe them.
quick331coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:12 PM   #7
randyrw
Smoked another BBC

I would just have a hard time sleeping at night knowing my axles are twisted to shit. I could probably live with a long gradual twist. But when the splines make a 45 degree sharp twist it's just unacceptable. I would think that they could do alittle engineering to prevent that. Naturally the spline area is the weakest point cause cutting the spline basicaly decreases the root diameter of the axle. i think if the long part of the axle was the same diameter as the inside root diameter of the spline area then that would seem to stop the severe twisting. Just thinking out loud.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:14 PM   #8
SHAWN DAVIS
Smoked another BBC

Plain and simple, if you twist a strange axle then you need a bigger axle
SHAWN DAVIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:22 PM   #9
Tom Cowle's wife
Smoked Another SBC

Sounds like a call to MARK WILLIAMS is in your future.
Tom Cowle's wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #10
Imlow78
Head Phuckstick
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_cowle View Post
Sounds like a call to MARK WILLIAMS is in your future.
x2

Thats why you pay the extra $$$ for Mark Williams! I know it sucks when you get the price, I've been down that road! Good luck man and I hope Strange does the right thing for you!

Shannon

Imlow78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:29 PM   #11
nohook
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick331coupe View Post
Yes, there warranty is questionable but when is the last time you heard of someone breaking a strange axle? I sent mine in last winter from one of my old cars, they were twisted almost 2 splines. The told me, we don't harden our axles to the hardest, like some other company's do (Mark Williams is who they used as an expample). When our axles twist, they get harder, so three splines of twist is usual. If you take an axle out and it has more than that, then its about time to replace it. The other company's will show no sign of being weak, they will just break. Thats the explanation I got from them. I have yet to break one, so I believe them.
psssssssssssssssstttttttttttttttt i'm on my third set !....since 1982 !(35 spline solids too )
Old 10-20-2009, 07:38 PM   #12
streetrace1
Smoked another BBC

I snapped one in georgia nmca 07 right at the bottom of splines,clean in half, they gave me a new one but only after i sent in the broken one.
streetrace1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #13
Tony Christian
Launchin

Theres no way Strange would tell you that....What spline axles do you have?? Let me know..I will talk to them and either get them to warranty them (unless there old old 35 spline stuff and you need 40's} but either way you will be happy.....I've never had a problem with Strange. (nor has Warren or Kurt or Greg anderson) give me your phone no. Tony Christian
Tony Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #14
randyrw
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Christian View Post
Theres no way Strange would tell you that....What spline axles do you have?? Let me know..I will talk to them and either get them to warranty them (unless there old old 35 spline stuff and you need 40's} but either way you will be happy.....I've never had a problem with Strange. (nor has Warren or Kurt or Greg anderson) give me your phone no. Tony Christian
These are in a drag radial car that has around 50 passes. They're 35 spline bought new through Chassis Works in Feb 09. Car wasnt track ready till June 09. Car has only been the best of a 1.28 60ft. I called Strange today and talked to a lady and she said if there not twisted by 4-5 splines then they usually don't warranty them. Said if there not more than 2 splines of twist then don't bother sending them in. There OK!! We're gonna send them and see what they say.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:56 PM   #15
WIKDLX
Smoked another BBC

just swapped my strange axles(had over .020 runout on the flange) for some Moser's in my street car
WIKDLX is offline   Reply With Quote