All Motor Rules for 2010????? - Page 10 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Racing Organizations > Milan's Heads-up Shootout - Videos -News - Interviews

Milan's Heads-up Shootout - Videos -News - Interviews

Old 11-04-2009, 09:37 PM   #136
Ben Mens
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: All Motor Rules for 2010?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch Kemp View Post
Ahhh..........another hater.
Cool, you've got a long time to catch up. He's been hating me for over 20 years............

Lucas Oil Products / Dart / Total Seal Piston Rings / Trick Titanium / Scott Rod Fabrications / Motorcity Solutions / Mike's Garage
Ben Mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #137
Slacker
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch Kemp View Post
Ahhh..........another hater.
I'm not a hater. I actually liked watching your car run. But your statement came across like Milan has to change the rules just because YOU want it that way.

We all know that Sissy Sticks would make the cars not wheel stand and POTENTIALLY be safer. Although, in the process, it would drive the fans from the stands because what they really came there for was to see the cars on the edge of control and do wheel stands.

Not hating, just would like to see the Friday Night Heads Up race survive and it cant survive wothout the fans..........................................
Old 11-04-2009, 09:46 PM   #138
Chris Uratchko
Smoked Another SBC

That is a very true statement.

On the flip side... it would be nice for the fans to see a whole race that is not ending at 2 in the morning because of oil downs and crashes.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:55 PM   #139
Slacker
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Mens View Post
Cool, you've got a long time to catch up. He's been hating me for over 20 years............
Perhaps if you realised that I tried to prevent you from being hurt/killed when that bike was dumping fuel all over the back tire and said you were sorry for being an ass without your ignorant justification then I would not "hate" on you. I really dont hate you, just think you are an egotistical ass.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:05 PM   #140
Slacker
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Uratchko View Post
That is a very true statement.

On the flip side... it would be nice for the fans to see a whole race that is not ending at 2 in the morning because of oil downs and crashes.
True, it would be nice to finish the race before 2am, although I dont think you can attribute all of the crashes and oil downs to wheel stands that went bad.

I think the Friday Night Heads Up race, and that style racing, is one of the best things that has happened to drag racing and if becomes the same old boaring style racing like bracket racing then it will die. Somehow the excitement,for the fans, has to stay in it: yet still be safe.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:12 PM   #141
kirt70camaro
Smoked another BBC

Well if the race ends @2 then I'm saving money because I can't go to the bar
kirt70camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:27 PM   #142
Ben Mens
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
Perhaps if you realised that I tried to prevent you from being hurt/killed when that bike was dumping fuel all over the back tire and said you were sorry for being an ass without your ignorant justification then I would not "hate" on you. I really dont hate you, just think you are an egotistical ass.
No, you don't THINK. This gives you something to do as I. I really like how you embellish your "story" and it continues to grow bigger & bigger every time you tell it, unlike you.............

Lucas Oil Products / Dart / Total Seal Piston Rings / Trick Titanium / Scott Rod Fabrications / Motorcity Solutions / Mike's Garage
Ben Mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:28 PM   #143
Chris Uratchko
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
True, it would be nice to finish the race before 2am, although I dont think you can attribute all of the crashes and oil downs to wheel stands that went bad.

I think the Friday Night Heads Up race, and that style racing, is one of the best things that has happened to drag racing and if becomes the same old boaring style racing like bracket racing then it will die. Somehow the excitement,for the fans, has to stay in it: yet still be safe.

That's the real issue right there.

Wheelie bars may well kill off a class.... seen it before....

This kind of class, filled with folks who do this on a shoe string budget(relatively speaking)... need to be able to count on a car not making it down the track.... like a Darin Mag, or Alan, or Van.... guys with less power, need to be able to rely on their starting line abilities over their lack of power.... and have the chance to win....

If these cars become robotic, like they will with wheelie bars.... guys are not going to show up when they are tenths behind.... That cannot be disputed. Seen it over, and over in past classes.

Once the class starts to die, the fans start tapering off...

I 'really' do not want to run my car next year without wheelie bars, but we all need to do what's good for the show unfortunately so...

Just trying to look at it unbiased.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:37 PM   #144
USAmade
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:

This kind of class, filled with folks who do this on a shoe string budget(relatively speaking)... need to be able to count on a car not making it down the track.... like a Darin Mag, or Alan, or Van.... guys with less power, need to be able to rely on their starting line abilities over their lack of power.... and have the chance to win....

If these cars become robotic, like they will with wheelie bars.... guys are not going to show up when they are tenths behind.... That cannot be disputed. Seen it over, and over in past classes.

I 'really' do not want to run my car next year without wheelie bars, but we all need to do what's good for the show unfortunately so...

This is the best post out of the 143..... Turn the wick down a little when you know that you have the guy in the other lane covered by .8-1.0 and lesson your chances of a wheel stand is the only thing I know to suggest. Although I see both sides wheelies have cost me a few races and some parts.
USAmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:40 PM   #145
Slacker
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Mens View Post
No, you don't THINK. This gives you something to do as I. I really like how you embellish your "story" and it continues to grow bigger & bigger every time you tell it, unlike you.............
No embelishing on My part. Stupid is as stupid does and you looked down at that fuel leaking from the float bowl of the carbs and waved me off and continued to stage and blast down the track.

You are also wrong on me getting bigger & bigger, doctor said i gained 4 lbs from My previous visit.

I let your igorance "die" last time I gave you shit about it, you woke the issue back up with your post on this thread. Once an egotistical ass always an egotistical ass.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:53 PM   #146
mayhem
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disoriented Express View Post
I went to the track tonight and got to talk with Chris, Bill, and Jerry in the tower. First off Chris said he has been very busy and would like to thank those that took time to fill out the questionaire that he passed out at the last heads up race.

Much was discussed about wheelie bars, tires, intake manifolds and possible cubic inch limits for small and big blocks and maybe the possibility of weight breaks for certain head design. As far as wheelie bars are concerned, it still is not real popular with the track staff. But due to the fact that most racers in the class seem to want them, they are willing to take that into consideration with a maximum overall length and spring loaded only with a possibility of a minimum heighth from the ground.

As far as tires are concerned, they are leaning towards having a list of spec tires that will be allowed. (ie: M/T 29.5 x 10.5, Goodyear 30 x 10.5, and possibly the Hoosier 29.5 x 10.5.) The drag radial 275 tire was also discussed as being a possibility. All of these tires would be listed by part number in the rules and not by size. (Example: A Hooiser tire #18193 would be legal, but a Hooiser #18192 would not be.) There still is the possibility of having only one spec tire which would most likely be the M/T 29.5 x 10.5 non W.

As far as the other stuff is concerned it is all way up in the air and needs to be discussed. Chris has asked me to ask anyone who races in the class to please take the time and email their thoughts and that would be greatly appreciated. He is hoping to have all the rules for the class in place by Thanksgiving or the end of November at the latest. Chris' email address is cbaxter@milandragway.com

I hope this information helps everyone.

Bob Harvey
All Motor 391
Well, well, well.......will we have to pay NMCA membership to run this class as well?

So, they are going to start pumping motors? On a one night show? Good luck with that! PS. The car with the biggest motor, was NOT the fastest car......or even the second fastest car.

Not everyone gets free tires from M/T.......we earn our money, let us spend it with whatever manufacture we choose!

I say let the racers, who raced last year vote on the wheelie bar issue. That way its coming directly from the guys spending the money to run the class.....instead of loud mouth mother fuckers on the internet....like ME!

They better not change the rules on what hot dogs and hamburgers I cook! and Mrs. Mayhem will be really pissed if they outlaw rice krispie treats!

mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:56 PM   #147
Slacker
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:

I raced alot back in the 80s and almost lived at the race track and anytime someone said lets go to the track I was the first person in the truck ready to go.
I told Myself I would never "waste" money on drag racing again and did not do so for several years.
Untill I went to a Friday Night Heads Up race about 4 years ago. At that race I could not believe how fast the cars were and it was all heads up racing. I dont think I could sleep for about a week because of the excitement and this and only this is what got me back into racing.

Perhaps, the fans well be OK with Sissy Sticks in All Motor? I know one thing, I wouldnt want to be the guy who helped kill the event and I strongly feal that if you take the on-the-edge-of-your-seat excitement out of the race you will kill it.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:58 PM   #148
Chris Uratchko
Smoked Another SBC

Well since I raced this year I get a vote then. And I'm on the fence.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:00 PM   #149
mayhem
Smoked Another SBC

Which is it??
This:
Quote:

or this???

Quote:
I say no weight penalties for anything.

Wheelie bars = free
Sheetmetal intakes = free
4 links = free
Forward scoops = free

Cast intakes? Stupid rule for pretty much an outlaw class. That stuff costs more money than a sheet intake... sheetmetal intake, let her eat.

This class cannot be policed with major engine rules, major chassis rules.... and it will pretty much screw up a good thing by injecting a few strict rules on top of an outlaw class.

LET HER EAT. You have a small block and a big block within a few hundys.... If you can't keep up, WORK ON IT. I'll be working hard next year on my junk.... and it will be an underdog.

mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:02 PM   #150
Chris Uratchko
Smoked Another SBC

Well rick, that is just it... I am making an effort to pull myself from my own desires.... and look at the class from the outside.

First post, GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE.... last post, took a step back and thought about things.

If we are not allowed to think, consider and reconsider you might as well hang it up.

And since these posts are in order of time, and date I would assume your choice would be my last post.