PRECISION NITROUS TECHNOLOGIES HALO HEX PLATE!!!!! - Page 5 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Let's Talk Drag Racing

Let's Talk Drag Racing Talk about drag racing with censorship...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 12:31 PM   #61
N2Ojunkie
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
N2Ojunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 10,856
Default Re: PRECISION NITROUS TECHNOLOGIES HALO HEX PLATE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder View Post
A plate to plate comparo is the only proper way to do it.
+1


I need for more evidence before I buy into any of these claims.
__________________
Jim




Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo92 View Post
When I was about 13 I zipped my ball sac up and the old grandma neighbor lady helped me. I was one cooperative gracious mother fucker..
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.”
Christopher Hitchens
N2Ojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-10-2009, 12:45 PM   #62
BBCStang
TRZ Rocks!
Smoked another BBC
 
BBCStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: on the way back to the drawing board
Posts: 3,622
Default Re: PRECISION NITROUS TECHNOLOGIES HALO HEX PLATE!!!!!

If a plate costs as much as nozzles, and the best it could hope to do is be nearly as good as them, then why?? (class rules aside)
__________________
"FUCK YA IF YOU CANT HANDLE IT YOUR MUSTANG LOOKS LIKE AN ABORTION"-Random Douchebag on facebook

Thanks to:
PTP Racing,NLR NMS-1000 nitrous control,Big Stuff,Bradco Transmissions and Converters,TRZ Suspension components,VP Race Fuels,BES Racing Engines,Double AA Performance,Street & Strip Performance,Heads up Composites,MacFab Beadlocks,Speedwire, Menscer Motorsports
BBCStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #63
9secsleepernova
Junior Member
Pre-Staged
 
9secsleepernova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 88
Default Re: PRECISION NITROUS TECHNOLOGIES HALO HEX PLATE!!!!!

Well since they pulled my thread from the nitrous section, i will repost here... I too run the Halo plate... On the same day, in 90 degree heat, and a correct altitude of over 3300 feet my 3300 lb stock suspension nova w/ a 502/502 crete motor (9.1 comp) went 11.15 @121 on motor. With the Halo plate and 200 hp jetting, on a 4 tenths delay i ran a 9.71 @ 139.00mph.

Thats right, It picked up 1.44 seconds & 18 mph, and 3 tenths over my old big shot plate w/ a 250hp jet setup.

This plate works!

Hope I.S Steven doesnt get upset about this post and pulls this thread also.
9secsleepernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #64
Mike Thompson
Down a cylinder
Smoked Another SBC
 
Mike Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 4,702
Default Re: PRECISION NITROUS TECHNOLOGIES HALO HEX PLATE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9secsleepernova View Post
Well since they pulled my thread from the nitrous section, i will repost here... I too run the Halo plate... On the same day, in 90 degree heat, and a correct altitude of over 3300 feet my 3300 lb stock suspension nova w/ a 502/502 crete motor (9.1 comp) went 11.15 @121 on motor. With the Halo plate and 200 hp jetting, on a 4 tenths delay i ran a 9.71 @ 139.00mph.

Thats right, It picked up 1.44 seconds & 18 mph, and 3 tenths over my old big shot plate w/ a 250hp jet setup.

This plate works!

Hope I.S Steven doesnt get upset about this post and pulls this thread also.

You forgot to tell everyone what the NOS 250hp tune consisted of. All you proved is how a better tune will run faster. You have yet to prove anything with the plate design.

Keep working at it..
__________________

_607 768 7040_
My Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/Yerluzin
Mike Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:23 PM   #65
Mike Beck
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
Smoked Another SBC
 
Mike Beck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South River NJ
Posts: 11,033
Default Re: PRECISION NITROUS TECHNOLOGIES HALO HEX PLATE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnos1 View Post
Hey Mike, did u get beat up alot when u were little @ the bus stop? It seems like u & Mike Thompson did with all the hate u guys have on our product. It seems like every time there is a post on my product u guys are first to comment. U guys should think first before u post comments like u do towards peoples product especially when u don't even know me! I can't control what my customers post on these threads. I have a successful performance shop for over 15 years & have been building racing engines, & cars for 20 plus years. I know alot of people in this business, and race with them I am no newbie to racing & nitrous tuning & manufactoring. Some of my customers like Steve & Monte's are new to using Nitrous & they get excited when things go good for them. I don't need to advertise on these threads about how GOOD our product is. Mike Thermos takes care of marketing and advertising our product, do you know who Mike Thermos is? He's the one who put SJ where he is now! So u guys can keep swinging on Steves NUTS, & keep your comments to yourselves!!! Maybe if you can break free from in front of your computer & come to the track where I am at 2 to 3 times a week & almost every weekend helping my customers u can come learn a thing or two.

Sorry, don't know you, can care less about your product whether it works or not, makes no difference to me. That was a very professionally worded reply, thanks. I'mm sure your parents are proud of you. Yes, I know who Mike Thermos is. I think Monte Smith even had the same opinion on plates and direct port systems in general. You need to flow x amount of nitrous to efficiently burn y amount of fuel. Pretty simple. How can your magic plate make sooooooo much more power if it is flowing the same amount of nitrous and fuel as another brand of plate or direct port system? I can see a small variance due to design, but 100hp flowing the same amount of fuel and nitrous, BULLSHIT!

Go to the track, work with your customers, have fun, make some money, it's all good to me. If your customers are happy then great for you.

Sorry, I wasn't the little kid that got beat-on at the bus stop.
Mike Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #66
Mike Beck
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
Smoked Another SBC
 
Mike Beck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South River NJ
Posts: 11,033
Default Re: PRECISION NITROUS TECHNOLOGIES HALO HEX PLATE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9secsleepernova View Post
Well since they pulled my thread from the nitrous section, i will repost here... I too run the Halo plate... On the same day, in 90 degree heat, and a correct altitude of over 3300 feet my 3300 lb stock suspension nova w/ a 502/502 crete motor (9.1 comp) went 11.15 @121 on motor. With the Halo plate and 200 hp jetting, on a 4 tenths delay i ran a 9.71 @ 139.00mph.

Thats right, It picked up 1.44 seconds & 18 mph, and 3 tenths over my old big shot plate w/ a 250hp jet setup.

This plate works!

Hope I.S Steven doesnt get upset about this post and pulls this thread also.
Let's see the incrementals. How much did the bottle weigh before and after a pass with each type of plate? What pills were in the Big Shot and fuel pressure? What was the total timing run with each plate?

I could really care less what plate ANYONE uses. I could care less what nozzles ANYONE uses. Use what you like, makes no difference to me. Let Monte tune it, let Steve tune it, let your Grandma tune it, I COULD CARE LESS!

If this plate is sooooooooooooo good then all the top nitrous tuners/installers will be pushing it and selling it. Hell, the phucking chinks will reverse-engineer it and sell it cheap!
Mike Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:27 PM   #67
9secsleepernova
Junior Member
Pre-Staged
 
9secsleepernova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 88
Default Re: PRECISION NITROUS TECHNOLOGIES HALO HEX PLATE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Thompson View Post
You forgot to tell everyone what the NOS 250hp tune consisted of. All you proved is how a better tune will run faster. You have yet to prove anything with the plate design.

Keep working at it..

I was simply running what it says in the instruction manual that is supplied with the kit.

Jetting and Power Levels
Nitrous/Fuel Jetting
Approximate Power Gain
Approximate N2O Consumption Rate
82/91
225 HP
2.75lbs./10 sec.
93/102
275 HP
3.00lbs./10 sec.
102/110
325 HP
3.25lbs./10 sec.
120/116
350+ HP
3.50lbs./10 sec.

Your right, i was wrong... it was a 275 shot!!
9secsleepernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:27 PM   #68
Mike Beck
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
Smoked Another SBC
 
Mike Beck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South River NJ
Posts: 11,033
Default Re: PRECISION NITROUS TECHNOLOGIES HALO HEX PLATE!!!!!

Oh shit, it's almost 2:30, Mike and I better get back to the bus stop so we don't get our ass kicked for leaving it.
Mike Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #69
badss540
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
badss540's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: California
Posts: 11,110
Default Re: PRECISION NITROUS TECHNOLOGIES HALO HEX PLATE!!!!!

a 275 shot ? far cry from the 150 shot that produced 9 second runs.
__________________
[The Real Super-Bird
badss540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #70
Mike Thompson
Down a cylinder
Smoked Another SBC
 
Mike Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 4,702
Default Re: PRECISION NITROUS TECHNOLOGIES HALO HEX PLATE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnos1 View Post
Hey Mike, did u get beat up alot when u were little @ the bus stop? It seems like u & Mike Thompson did with all the hate u guys have on our product. It seems like every time there is a post on my product u guys are first to comment. U guys should think first before u post comments like u do towards peoples product especially when u don't even know me! I can't control what my customers post on these threads. I have a successful performance shop for over 15 years & have been building racing engines, & cars for 20 plus years. I know alot of people in this business, and race with them I am no newbie to racing & nitrous tuning & manufactoring. Some of my customers like Steve & Monte's are new to using Nitrous & they get excited when things go good for them. I don't need to advertise on these threads about how GOOD our product is. Mike Thermos takes care of marketing and advertising our product, do you know who Mike Thermos is? He's the one who put SJ where he is now! So u guys can keep swinging on Steves NUTS, & keep your comments to yourselves!!! Maybe if you can break free from in front of your computer & come to the track where I am at 2 to 3 times a week & almost every weekend helping my customers u can come learn a thing or two.
I have no problems with you or the product. Its all good.

I have fun questioning the claims from your customers. Like the 9 second sleeper nova guy trying to compare a piss poor bigshot tune (Which Thermos developed...Doh!) against a much more correct Halo tune.

Don't take me serious. I'm just ribbing for the most part.

BTW I don't hang from SJ's nuts or anyone for that matter. I have my own opinions and tuning strategies. That said, I can burn a piston as good or better than any other!
__________________

_607 768 7040_
My Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/Yerluzin
Mike Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:38 PM   #71
Mike Thompson
Down a cylinder
Smoked Another SBC
 
Mike Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 4,702
Default Re: PRECISION NITROUS TECHNOLOGIES HALO HEX PLATE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Beck View Post
Oh shit, it's almost 2:30, Mike and I better get back to the bus stop so we don't get our ass kicked for leaving it.
Wait for me!!
__________________

_607 768 7040_
My Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/Yerluzin
Mike Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #72
jester
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,822
Default Re: PRECISION NITROUS TECHNOLOGIES HALO HEX PLATE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9secsleepernova View Post
I was simply running what it says in the instruction manual that is supplied with the kit.

Jetting and Power Levels

Nitrous/Fuel Jetting


Approximate Power Gain


Approximate N2O Consumption Rate
82/91
225 HP
2.75lbs./10 sec.
93/102
275 HP
3.00lbs./10 sec.
102/110
325 HP
3.25lbs./10 sec.
120/116
350+ HP
3.50lbs./10 sec.



Your right, i was wrong... it was a 275 shot!!
Actually your wrong. Those tunes wouldnt fall out of a tree fast enough.
jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:49 PM   #73
9secsleepernova
Junior Member
Pre-Staged
 
9secsleepernova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 88
Default Re: PRECISION NITROUS TECHNOLOGIES HALO HEX PLATE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester View Post
Actually your wrong. Those tunes wouldnt fall out of a tree fast enough.


I didnt know happy hour started at 2:30. This makes absolutly no sense.

So you guys are saying that NOS, a holley brand is printing information and providing false information these jet sizes and hp ratings?
9secsleepernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:55 PM   #74
66 AC COBRA
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
66 AC COBRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Winters, CA
Posts: 1,313
Default Re: PRECISION NITROUS TECHNOLOGIES HALO HEX PLATE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9secsleepernova View Post
I didnt know happy hour started at 2:30. This makes absolutly no sense.

So you guys are saying that NOS, a holley brand is printing information and providing false information these jet sizes and hp ratings?
yes you moron, as I posted in the other thread, if you actually used that jetting you are the bafoon of the century
__________________
FLATIRON RACECARS
66 AC COBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:11 PM   #75
Mike Beck
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
Smoked Another SBC
 
Mike Beck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South River NJ
Posts: 11,033
Default Re: PRECISION NITROUS TECHNOLOGIES HALO HEX PLATE!!!!!

Monte Smith, the person that is the head chief of nitrous for NOS has said many, many times that the old tunes are junk and they will be releasing new tunes.

I know how much a typical 150hp shot will help a car get down the track. Now that we're admitting a 275hp tune that is more realistic with the results............

Like I said before, I have nothing against the plate, or any others for that matter. I get tired of the unrealistic claims and comparisons, that's all. Doesn't apply just to nitrous either.

There seems to be some awesome plug wires out there too.
Mike Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 3.64%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Yellow Bullet LLC