brodix gb 2500 heads or sb2.2 heads - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Naturally Aspirated - Uratchko Racing Engines

Naturally Aspirated - Uratchko Racing Engines

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 09:30 PM   #16
powerade
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
powerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 28,032
Default Re: brodix gb 2500 heads or sb2.2 heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by kba1987 View Post
I have a delima I would like to know what heads you guys think would be best for my application. My motor is 428 inches max effort n/a deal going to be running the ram racing stuff and some local stuff,I dont know what head I should go with I have a dart iron eagle block that has a std lifter bore pattern in it I know you can use this on a sb2.2 head but I am worried about valvetrain issues with it turning 9500 rpms. Should I go ahead with the sb2.2 or should I stick with a more convential set up like the gb 2000s,I am trying to make 1000 hp can it be done with gb 2000s. One more thing to consider is thier will be a added weight for the sb2.2 heads over the gb 2000s just need some input on what you guys think.
SB2.2's they make more power, at 428 CID they should make minimum 2.3 HP per cube if done right, MBE would be a great choice Matt can hook you up. http://www.mbellc.com/drag_sb22.html
powerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-14-2009, 10:05 PM   #17
kba1987
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
kba1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,218
Default Re: brodix gb 2500 heads or sb2.2 heads

Like I said before I am going with the dart 9 degree head I know the sb2.2 head makes big power but if you can get the same cross sectional area,same flow,intake cc and valve size why wouldn't this head make as much power as the sb2.2 it also has a shallower valve angle than the sb2.2.
kba1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:00 PM   #18
powerade
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
powerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 28,032
Default Re: brodix gb 2500 heads or sb2.2 heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by kba1987 View Post
Like I said before I am going with the dart 9 degree head I know the sb2.2 head makes big power but if you can get the same cross sectional area,same flow,intake cc and valve size why wouldn't this head make as much power as the sb2.2 it also has a shallower valve angle than the sb2.2.
Cool you will have to buy them from Ultra Pro Machining,along with their fabricated manifold, Don makes killer stuff, post your dyno # and ET's as long as there is no rule against billet heads in the class you plan to run they should make lots of power.
http://www.ultrapromachining.net/index2.html
powerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:07 PM   #19
kba1987
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
kba1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,218
Default Re: brodix gb 2500 heads or sb2.2 heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerade View Post
Cool you will have to buy them from Ultra Pro Machining,along with their fabricated manifold, Don makes killer stuff, post your dyno # and ET's as long as there is no rule against billet heads in the class you plan to run they should make lots of power.
http://www.ultrapromachining.net/index2.html
Dart has the bare casting they took lasitos billet head and casted it, Its designed just like the billet head.
kba1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:11 PM   #20
John Wilson
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
John Wilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Spring,TX
Posts: 1,968
Default Re: brodix gb 2500 heads or sb2.2 heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by kba1987 View Post
Dart has the bare casting they took lasitos billet head and casted it, Its designed just like the billet head.
Wonder how that top end (heads/intake/shafts) compares cost wise with the CFE 10 stuff?????? Sure looks sexy!
John Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:15 PM   #21
powerade
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
powerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 28,032
Default Re: brodix gb 2500 heads or sb2.2 heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by kba1987 View Post
Dart has the bare casting they took lasitos billet head and casted it, Its designed just like the billet head.
I spoke to Dart, they said they do not have a casting, if they do post up the part #, not trying to pee in your cheerios just repeating what I was told.
powerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:18 PM   #22
kba1987
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
kba1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,218
Default Re: brodix gb 2500 heads or sb2.2 heads

John I have the bare castings on order they wont be out for about 6 weeks,I called jesel and they dont have a rocker set up for it but t&d does jesel told me it should not cost any more than your typical 18 or 15 degree set up since it is going to be a massed produced head and not a one off custom.
kba1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:21 PM   #23
kba1987
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
kba1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,218
Default Re: brodix gb 2500 heads or sb2.2 heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerade View Post
I spoke to Dart, they said they do not have a casting, if they do post up the part #, not trying to pee in your cheerios just repeating what I was told.
I build the engines at doug herbets and they have them just not avaible yet I have them ordered.

After months of development with Don Losito and intense dyno testing, our new nine degree small block Chevy cylinder head is now available... and we've got some specs for you!

Here's a quick breakdown for you.

Nine Degree Small Block Chevy Cylinder Head Specifications:

Valve Angle: 9 Degree parallel valve
Intake Valve Diameter: 2.200", 2.230" Titanium valves
Exhaust Valve Diameter: 1.625" Titanium Valves
Intake Port Volume: 299cc
Intake Port Dim: 2.345 x 1.440
Exhaust Port Volume: 215cc
Exhaust Port Dim: 1.725 x 1.645
Lifters: Intake 0.150" offset
Spark Plug: 3/4 Reach 14mm
Spring Pockets: 1.625"
Valve Length: 5.840"
Valve Stem Diameter: Available from 7mm to 11/32
Valve Guides: Manganese Bronze
Valve Seats: Beryllium Copper or Ductile Iron
Bore Spacing: 4.400" or 4.500"

These heads are cast from C355-T61 aluminum alloy. They are available with chamber volumes as low as 38cc and multiple exhaust bolt patterns.

Features include raised intake and exhaust port locations, optimized spark plug locations, extra thick decks, expanded water jacket capacity, bosses for down nozzles and revised valve cover rail to clear long ratio rocker geometry.

9 Degree piston available from Race Tech Pistons and Diamond Pistons, rocker arms available from T&D Machine and Jesel.

kba1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:22 PM   #24
powerade
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
powerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 28,032
Wink Re: brodix gb 2500 heads or sb2.2 heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by kba1987 View Post
John I have the bare castings on order they wont be out for about 6 weeks,I called jesel and they dont have a rocker set up for it but t&d does jesel told me it should not cost any more than your typical 18 or 15 degree set up since it is going to be a massed produced head and not a one off custom.
Thats cool, I spoke with Don and he says to go 4.5 bore space, he can fit a huge intake valve into it, will dart make a 4.4 and 4.5 bore space cast version ?
powerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:25 PM   #25
kba1987
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
kba1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,218
Default Re: brodix gb 2500 heads or sb2.2 heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerade View Post
Thats cool, I spoke with Don and he says to go 4.5 bore space, he can fit a huge intake valve into it, will dart make a 4.4 and 4.5 bore space cast version ?
Yes 4.4 or 4.5 I belive you will be able to get a 2.250 int valve in the 4.400 with a 1.580 exh valve.
kba1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:29 PM   #26
powerade
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
powerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 28,032
Default Re: brodix gb 2500 heads or sb2.2 heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by kba1987 View Post
Yes 4.4 or 4.5 I belive you will be able to get a 2.250 int valve in the 4.400 with a 1.580 exh valve.
This is a motor that I want to see !!!! sounds great so far !!
powerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:33 PM   #27
kba1987
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
kba1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,218
Default Re: brodix gb 2500 heads or sb2.2 heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerade View Post
This is a motor that I want to see !!!! sounds great so far !!
Be patient its coming together slowly just ordered the heads and keyway lifters thursday
kba1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:34 PM   #28
powerade
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
powerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 28,032
Default Re: brodix gb 2500 heads or sb2.2 heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by kba1987 View Post
Be patient its coming together slowly just ordered the heads and keyway lifters thursday
I will, I have this book marked, I'm very interested in your build.
powerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:26 PM   #29
Chris Uratchko
Moderator
Smoked Another SBC
 
Chris Uratchko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In the shop....
Posts: 29,833
Default Re: brodix gb 2500 heads or sb2.2 heads

I'd be curious as to why they chose 9 degree for the valve angle. Small CID stuff?

I'm also curious to see how the head likes rpm given the chamber and valve angle.
__________________
Chris Uratchko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #30
kba1987
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
kba1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,218
Default Re: brodix gb 2500 heads or sb2.2 heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Uratchko View Post
I'd be curious as to why they chose 9 degree for the valve angle. Small CID stuff?

I'm also curious to see how the head likes rpm given the chamber and valve angle.
Chris just curious to why you would think this head is made for small cid motors? What does the chamber and valve angle have to do with rpm didn't you run some 10 degree cfe heads on Butches car and twist the $hit out of it?
kba1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 3.51%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Yellow Bullet LLC