What Ever Became of Chuck Muer (Muer restaurants S.E Michigan) - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Trash Or Be Trashed

Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS

Old 05-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
bigpoppapreston
Smoked another BBC

Default What Ever Became of Chuck Muer (Muer restaurants S.E Michigan)

I got an early start on Mothers Day by taking my wife and children to the Big Fish in Dearborn. As I was eating I thought about the fatal boating accident off the coast of Florida involving Chuck Muer in the early 90's.

To my knowledge his body was never found. Is that still the current story or was his body ever found?

There were rumors of Muer's involvement in mofia organized crime and this alledged accident indeed wasn't an accident at all but a hit.

Muer owns the Big Fish which is a very nice bistro.

I have always been fond of the West African proverb "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far" - Theodore Roosevelt
bigpoppapreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
Baileygirl 617
WHO GIVES A FUCK?
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: What Ever Became of Chuck Muer (Muer restaurants S.E Michigan)

I honestly don't know what ever happened.... But you have brought up some fond memories of eating at Joe Muer's downtown. The ex's family always went there for anniversaries, birthdays, etc. Damn, I miss that food!!
Baileygirl 617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
BNeighbor
Spooled up

My son was a chef at two of the resturants. He said the "official" story was that the Muer's (Mr. and Mrs.) , his brother and two crew members were all lost at sea. The daughter spent several years and lots of money trying to find her parents. No bodies, or the boat, were never found. After the accident, the comapny went through alot of distress, other family members trying to grab hold of the company. It was being run by a board of directors associated with Muer's other holdings. I believe most of the resturants were sold to another company. That sale was to take take place on Sept 11 in New York. Because of the situation happening that day, the sale fell through. It was eventually sold, and most of the resturants were closed. A few were left open by the new owners. I really miss the one by us, great food, but then my son was the chef there.
BNeighbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
70Underpressure
Moderater
Smoked Another SBC

The other people on board the Sail boat where the Drummys Mr & Mrs from Drummy Olds. The Muers still own a number of Detroit area resturants. It was kind of ironic he made his living feeding people fish and then became food for the fish.
70Underpressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #5
DRCE
Pullin gears

There is a small chain of restaurants called Kruse & Muer that is around. I've been to the one in Troy and the food is outstanding. I'm not sure who is involved with those places, but I'm sure its one of Chuck's siblings or his daughter.

http://www.kruseandmuerrestaurants.com/
Nick D'Agostino
ndagostino@wiseco.com

www.pelechbrosracing.com
DRCE is offline   Reply With Quote