Jon Kasse's new SBF heads, - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Naturally Aspirated - Uratchko Racing Engines

Naturally Aspirated - Uratchko Racing Engines

Old 05-07-2009, 11:29 PM   #16
JBradley500
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Jon Kasse's new SBF heads,

i wish i had the money to build an engine that i could use these heads on. i had to use the 190cc 2v's.
JBradley500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #17
RUN-NE1
Pullin gears

What do you guys think these or Victor Glidden II? is the money close enough? Yates intake on both of them?
7721 Old Kuntz heads
55mm nitrous cam .903 lifters
TEA 2828 2000cfm Tbody
-4 dry nitrous plate class
5.5's@128 3100# on 8.5's

Mostly spare parts I have ran across.

Broke on 2011 Dragweek middle of BFE Texas.
Registered for 2014 Dragweek.
RUN-NE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:54 AM   #18
R347GT
The Medcine Man
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tims86 View Post
The CHI Head is a very nice had. Jamey Swanson hand ported my heads and the numbers are very good. The C-400 head is the CHI head with Jon Kasse's CNC Program. They intake is awsome out of the box, match it to your head and run it. Jon has done that (clean up and run the CHI Intake) for a few years on his Engine Master Engines.

That is the newer CHI Dom intake. I ran these heads with my F2 and it made great power and held up with no seat/guide issues. Also seem to keep gaskets without much effort. I was just starting to use the combination when I broke the crank from to many years spining a F2. I will let you know how it runs with more cubic inches, 106mm and a 94mm.

Pretty much they are there own head especially 30-40 CFM more they are Jon's design, that's what I meant just thought some was getting it confused! But hey all very good info! How fast have you went with the blow through combo with those heads, and do you compete in SSO NMRA with a blow through?
R347GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:55 AM   #19
R347GT
The Medcine Man
Smoked Another SBC

Very nice looking car plus motor by the way!
Old 05-08-2009, 01:58 AM   #20
R347GT
The Medcine Man
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUN-NE1 View Post
What do you guys think these or Victor Glidden II? is the money close enough? Yates intake on both of them?
The glidden 2's are through the roof once everything is there in an all race app. or street friendly deal either one?
Old 05-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #21
Tims86
Smoked another BBC

Been low 8s but was headed to the 7s without too much trouble till the crank broke, so low 8s on radials. Thanks for the comments on the car.

I will be running NMRA SSO as you see it with a 94mm Super Natural Turbo that is in the mail right now. The nice thing about these heads is they bolt right on, and they offer intakes for all deck heights, they use stock Cleveland Valvetrain, and headers if you want. The only thing is I have to make my own intake gaskets as they were hand ported, but that is no big deal. Everyone who has seen the heads, likes the qualtiy of the casting and material used. Again, everything is holding up very well.

Here is what it looked like in the car with the F2 on it. That is why one of the water ports in the end of the head is on the corner, needed room for the blower. I know John (CHI) and Jon Kasse have worked together on a lot of projects. The last time I spoke to John from CHI he shared some dyno numbers on a NA motor that rocked.

Special Thanks to:

Majerusgarage.com, Teamzmotorsports.net, BorgWarner Turbo, PTP Racing, C&S Specialties.com, Workturbochargers.com, UltimateConverter.com, Diamond Pistons (diamondracing.net), Extreme Velocity, Harris Oil

****Light Travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.****
Tims86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:32 AM   #22
Tims86
Smoked another BBC

I don't think a Yates intake will work with these heads. They don't have the same exhaust patern, have not compared the intake ports. CHI makes an intake for every application. They also make a bad ass inline head intake.

Everyone asks me what Yates heads are those, so I put the CHI Valve covers on for this year. They are off getting powder coated.

Special Thanks to:

Majerusgarage.com, Teamzmotorsports.net, BorgWarner Turbo, PTP Racing, C&S Specialties.com, Workturbochargers.com, UltimateConverter.com, Diamond Pistons (diamondracing.net), Extreme Velocity, Harris Oil

****Light Travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.****
Tims86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:43 PM   #23
565edge
Smoked another BBC

I bought the CHI 4.0 Commander intake for my inline sbf heads. It is a very nice piece. I cannot believe how tall it is. Separate billet valley plate and all. Very nice stuff.

WCHRA Limited 10.5 2013 Champion &
ET and MPH Record Holder.
565edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:08 AM   #24
clevo
Smoked another BBC

Guys just look at this!
The engine was built by John at CHI and Dandy engines here in Melbourne Australia, Click on link below

http://www.network54.com/Forum/11941...e+engine+build.

clevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:56 AM   #25
R347GT
The Medcine Man
Smoked Another SBC

That is a dandy! Like to see what that thing would do with even lighter rod and piston combo, plus little more compression, and 480 cubes in a World block, with a dry sump! 1000hp?
But very stout no.s indeed!! Be nice to get out cheeper and still make more power!!
Old 05-09-2009, 08:24 AM   #26
meus31
Pullin gears

has anybody heard about the p 38 heads from kasse yet im thinking of upgrading but have been waiting to here sbout these it seems most everything else he does has been coming out killer lately beautiful car tim h
meus31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:35 PM   #27
R347GT
The Medcine Man
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by meus31 View Post
has anybody heard about the p 38 heads from kasse yet im thinking of upgrading but have been waiting to here sbout these it seems most everything else he does has been coming out killer lately beautiful car tim h
Shit what's wrong the C-400 head most bang for your buck! I mean could be awhile you see the power no.s above? Yeah I would like to see what there going to be all about myself but might wind up being another street head?
Old 05-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #28
Maxey
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevo View Post
Guys just look at this!
The engine was built by John at CHI and Dandy engines here in Melbourne Australia, Click on link below

http://www.network54.com/Forum/11941...e+engine+build.

Do you know if that engine has been to the track?
Maxey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:07 AM   #29
svo420
Burnout box

Have a mate that runs the c-400 made over 800 n/a and 1000+ on the gas on his 393 cuber
svo420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:42 PM   #30
Maxey
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo420 View Post
Have a mate that runs the c-400 made over 800 n/a and 1000+ on the gas on his 393 cuber
Has it been down the track NA?
Maxey is offline   Reply With Quote