WARNING INDY HEADS - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Trash Or Be Trashed

Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS

Old 04-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #1
DUSTER73
Burnout box

Default WARNING INDY HEADS

I WANT TO MAKE EVERYONE AWARE OF INDY! Their customer service is lacking. I have had two different problems with them and ended up with the same results. The customer is left hold the bad goods. In July I order a rotating assembly and a set of Elderbrock Heads from Indy. Before the Motor was ever started we discovered one of the heads had a bad casting and allowed water to run in the motor on the Number 7 intake. They refuse to send me a new one. ( Motor never started) They did fix this one. After about fifty passes on the motor we decided to change intakes. While changing the intake we discovered a valve keeper in the valley. After further inspection the heads had more keepers broke and about to let lose on the valves. Luckly we caught it before it ate the motor. The vavle springs tested bad. ( 90 Ilbs @ the seat & 240-250 open) We have a solid lift cam 557 lift and shift @ 5,800- 6,000. Indy said the springs need to be replaced and and said it was the cam I'm running. Head are rated from Indy up to 600 lift. Buy with caution! I have gave them the chance to make this right with no luck. Thanks to Royce Thomason our heads for being done right. Have talked to them and sent two e-mail with no response. Talked to Jim and Russ at Indy with no results! Jim stated that I should of told him if I wanted my heads fixed?? Hey Jim that is what the phone calls and e-mails were about!
DUSTER73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2009, 01:05 PM   #2
73dus
Spooled up

Default Re: WARNING INDY HEADS

i feel your pain i have a set of indys 360-1 the cnc them and after 2 passes water in the motor from the heads and have gotten no response
73dus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #3
quickd100
Spooled up

Indy has been notorious for their poor customer service. you're much better off buying ANY of their products from a good Indy dealer that checks the stuff before delivery. Dave

Just another old truck
quickd100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #4
satansracer
Professional Troublemaker
Smoked Another SBC

Ive heard this alot about them, shitty way to do buisness.
satansracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:56 PM   #5
1FastMopar
MOUTH OF THE SOUTH!!!
Smoked Another SBC

I've been in business since 1991 and dealt with MANY companies, Indy cylinder Head is by far the WORST company I have ever dealt with..

I had problems with two sets of the same heads from them, one was a set of fully CNC ported 572-13 heads, they had a number of problems, got a second set, took a Indy dealer to get involved to make anything happen, the second set were a disaster and leaked water in an exhaust port, they took NO responsibility for either situation, problem cost me thousands of dollars, Russ Flagle basically told me to fuck off!

Anyone who asks me about Indy, I tell them run away as fast as they can!! Sorry to say, Indy now owns Predator cylinder head, should not be long before they turn them into junk too.. It just shows, once you have the big advertising machine rolling, its hard to stop them. I am happy that the Predator heads I have are "pre" Indy..

I feel your pain, I went through the never ending nightmare, myself.. I would not piss on Russ Flagles head if it was on fire!!
1FastMopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:05 PM   #6
JUICED96Z
Smoked Another SBC

The two guys that used to work there and were good now own M&M Competition engines down the road from Indy. Mike Duke used to be the head porter at Indy and is now on his own. From what I can tell Indy is not what it was years and years ago because just about everyone has left. A lot of people started going to M&M but with the ego they have and all the missed deadlines and them not wanting to do anything but full race stuff and being almost rude about it a lot of their customers have left.

This is the racing capitol of the world and it seems any more all the shops have gone down the tubes...... well there are still a few good ones..
Old 04-03-2009, 02:42 PM   #7
Biginches
Pullin gears

Its no secret that Indy customer service is lacking, I thought everyone knew this by now. Anyways, from now on, get your stuff through a dealer like Bob George in Pa. They make good products, but need going over like every thing else.
Dont let anyone tell you there stuff is junk causes its NOT, they make some good products, that just need check and correct.
I have a entire Indy Aluminum Big block, Indy Maxx, 440-1 heads, Indy intake. They didn't do Any of the machine work however.
Even Eddie Miller can assure you of there performance even if he doesnt like them.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #8
excelerater
Senior Frog
Smoked Another SBC

wow,I was JUST getting ready to place an order for some heads and a block w assbly......I am so glad people are confirming these guys are assholes,I thought I was crazy...fuck em..Where else would you guys reccomend me to start shopping?
excelerater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:52 PM   #9
72chrgrally
Launchin

Todd at Marsh Performence in Linwood NC has always treated me well 336 752 2879. BGR is also a good dealer for them as well.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #10
fishfreak
Pre-Staged

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastMopar View Post
I've been in business since 1991 and dealt with MANY companies, Indy cylinder Head is by far the WORST company I have ever dealt with..

I had problems with two sets of the same heads from them, one was a set of fully CNC ported 572-13 heads, they had a number of problems, got a second set, took a Indy dealer to get involved to make anything happen, the second set were a disaster and leaked water in an exhaust port, they took NO responsibility for either situation, problem cost me thousands of dollars, Russ Flagle basically told me to fuck off!

Anyone who asks me about Indy, I tell them run away as fast as they can!! Sorry to say, Indy now owns Predator cylinder head, should not be long before they turn them into junk too.. It just shows, once you have the big advertising machine rolling, its hard to stop them. I am happy that the Predator heads I have are "pre" Indy..

I feel your pain, I went through the never ending nightmare, myself.. I would not piss on Russ Flagles head if it was on fire!!

Get over it! You FUCK'N cry baby! You only been pounding your
dick over INDY now for 4-5 years. Who is 73 Duster? One of
your other computers.
Now your Predator heads are junk just for the fact Indy has there name on them.
NOW, cry about this for another 5 years !!!!! Better yet sell your
ugly ass 73 duster with your POS Indy Predator motor, and go
CHEVY! The Mopar crowd would love you to go CHEVY!
Who cares about Indy good or bad? Only you!!!!

I hear you try to suck your own dick! Then you call out your own
name durning sex? What, don't you know the name of the goat?

Get a life!!!!! You've been eaten!!!!!
fishfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #11
JUICED96Z
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfreak View Post
your other computers.

Noob.....
Old 04-03-2009, 03:17 PM   #12
excelerater
Senior Frog
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUICED96Z View Post
Noob.....
x2

NOOB !
excelerater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:37 PM   #13
satansracer
Professional Troublemaker
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfreak View Post
your other computers.

I hate stupid people. (possible suicide?)
satansracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #14
THE STING
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginches View Post
Its no secret that Indy customer service is lacking, I thought everyone knew this by now. Anyways, from now on, get your stuff through a dealer like Bob George in Pa. They make good products, but need going over like every thing else.
Dont let anyone tell you there stuff is junk causes its NOT, they make some good products, that just need check and correct.
I have a entire Indy Aluminum Big block, Indy Maxx, 440-1 heads, Indy intake. They didn't do Any of the machine work however.
Even Eddie Miller can assure you of there performance even if he doesnt like them.

I agree, check your stuff out , just go through a dealer and let them deal with it...they have good stuff. We have 2 AMC aluminum blocks and heads and had good results with them.....
Old 04-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #15
THE STING
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastMopar View Post
Anyone who asks me about Indy, I tell them run away as fast as they can!! Sorry to say, Indy now owns Predator cylinder head, should not be long before they turn them into junk too.. !!

The same predator heads that caused you a miserable trip in the 08 drag week....maybe Indy will fix that for ya...