Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Speeding neighbor will not slow down, need suggestions?

19K views 167 replies 111 participants last post by  phantomracer 
#1 ·
Hey guys, i need some help, i live out in the rural part of town, and the road is a dead end, in runs in front of my 9.5 acres and house, then turns to gravel past my pasture, this guy lives at the end with his family, and he sells these army trucks on the side, speed limit is 25mph, have asked his family, they say that they have told him, but he keeps doing it, and he won't stop, friend down the street said that he thinks there is something wrong with him, have kids that ride bikes between houses, this guy blows by here in excess of 50-60 mph when he turns off highway to start up and gain momentum. I can call police, but have to wait for him to come by, and never know when that will be. Ready to shoot tires. What can i do?

#2 ·
years ago when i lived in Iowa, there was a milk truck driver who would always speed down the hill of a farmer with kids.Farmer finally had enough, took his tractor and plow and plowed right across the road.Took the front running gear out of the truck.
Case Closed!
Mike

#13 ·
Did you post LARGE kids playing signs anywhere that he can see?
We has a " SLOW CHILDREN" sign on our street.

It wasn't for speeders tho'.

It was directed at me :sad:,,,TLW

#15 ·
I had a kid that lived up the street from us told him twice to slow down and then told him if hit my daughter I'D beat the fuck out of him with the front bumper of his car when he dicided to do a burn out and launch 2 houses up from me I picked up a cinder block and walked down to edge of street and set it there grabed the trash can and as he was flying down the street threw it right out in fornt of him when he skid and hit it and then proceeded t start to get out of car to yell at me I picked up the cider block and stated swinging it told him it was coming threw the windshield either now or next time he came down the street again. He never spead down the road again. Hope that helps.

#20 ·
Put a line across the road, at a height sure to catch just above the bumper of his truck, and have it attached to two very large items that will swing in and beat hell out of his vehicle. Trash cans worked for our situation with very similar circumstances. Poor Caddy never had a chance.

#22 ·
Take your digital camera or smart phone and record a short video of him flying down the road....then call the cops and show it to them....., they might not be able to give him a citation since they did not witness it, but they will definitely give'em a talking too......

#24 ·
Years ago my dad had this same problem in his neighborhood. This asshole neighbor would fly up and down his street with no exhaust on his non-turbo Nissan 240. Kids would always be out playing on their bikes and my dad had a talk with him two times and he never listened. So the one day my dad took a BIG WHEEL that was mine from the 80's and duct taped this life sized child doll my mom bought at a flea-market to the big wheel. He took one of the fishing rods and wrapped fishing line around the handlebars and sat the big wheel between two parked cars so he couldn't see. So school left out and we knew he was on his way home and we setup everything. We heard his stupid ass coming and as he come barrel assing down the road my dad reeled the fucking big wheel out infront of him and he hit it as he yanked the wheel locking up the brakes. He went flying through three neighbors yards before the car came to a stop. He ended up ruining three lawns, a bird bath and a expensive mail box. He got out of the car and you'd think he just saw a ghost. Needless to say after that learned his lesson the hard way. And his parents took his license until he paid off the damages to neighbors yards lol.

#30 ·
Yeah...ok

What about if his children are small, and don't know any better and find their way out to the road?

What about if said asshole was flying down the street and a deer ran in front of his car, and he swerved into the 9 acres of property and mowed one the kids down in the yard.....while they were playing and minding their own business??

How would you feel as a parent if that happened to you (don't know if you are a parent...but if you were)?

The guy needs to slow down in the neighborhood. Period.

As for the OP, go knock on the guys door and ask him to please slow down like a gentleman. Explain you have children. Most people are pretty understanding when it comes to kids.

Maybe his family members aren't relaying the message??

If he keeps on doing it, I would suggest taking a video also and bringing it to the local PD. I am sure they would give the guy a serious talking to.

#27 ·
Had a kid in a Mitsubishi lancer that used my road as a personal drag strip. After numerous complaints to the police from the neighbourhood and I we saw no results. I was chatting to my neighbour one day as he came up the street. Pissed off I tossed a rake out on the road. It was a heavy steel one. Long story short he hit the rake and blew a tire. Cracked a bumper and some other damage was also done. When he got out to say something my neighbour got him by the throat and kindly told him to never pass by the house again.

Police came and chuckled about the whole deal after the kid left. 30+ complaints in 6 weeks so he was understanding.

#28 ·
My buddy's dad had a dick head neighbor that use to come flying by the house in his raggedy s10 with no exhaust. Each of us asked him to please slow down and do the 10 mph posted sign. You could hear him coming from the stop sign everyday wideopen, My buddy and I build tube buggies as a side job. well one day we was screwing with a old jeep and we heard the boy stomp the gas, my buddies dad hopped in newly done toyota on rockwells and 49'' iroks and backs it down to the edge of the driveway and sets there. The guy never lets off the gas, so buddys dad eases the buggy out in the road taking up the whole road and the guy had no where to go but the 2 foot deep ditch. He never lifted off the gas and went 50 ft down the ditch line. He won't even look at us when he drives by going 10mph now.

#32 ·
Ive call my street the freeway... always some asshole doing 50-60 down it, had a guy testing out his new bmw recently doing 90, cops didnt do shit. There have been 5-6 good crashes on my street where people have hit the trees, wrapped one of them, and one truck roll over, and another crash up into the neighbors yard through his brick wall. Cops dont give a shit. Its going to take someone to get killed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.