Yellow Bullet Forums banner

B7TA or B7YA Honda front wheel drive 3 shaft

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  TwoFast4Lv 
#1 ·
Hello.
Has anyone here ever been into a Honda b7ta or ya front whee Tranz yet?
If you know what the valve body torq specs are please reply, I have found out
That there is nothing available for these transaxles... ATSG don't have a manual
For these, there is no info online.. Everyone I talk to locally give me the O face
When I tell them what kind of tranny I'm working on...
Anyway thanks in advance and merry xmass!!!!

#2 ·
I have built many 3 shaft px4b,mpja,s etc.I think they are similar.If the bolts are 6mm I will usually go to 100 inch pounds if they are shorter than an inch and 125 to 135 if they are longer.If it has a few 8mm bolts holding the main casting to the case go to 125 on them.These are the ones that hold the casting down over the pump gears.Now I am remembering removing the bearings from the case and installing them on the shaft and tightening the nuts down and checking clearances,damn hondas.

#3 ·
Like Chris said, the 3 shaft units are all very similar, and you can refer to the atsg manuals for basic Assembly procedures.
Once and a while you see a bearing.shaft failure.
Always replace the linear solenoids (and the rest if you can afford them) try to use use oe friction and always use oe fluids.

#4 ·
i always change the diff bearings on a o/h and check feed tube bushings rule of thumb wrap scotch tape around feed tube dont overlap if it slides through bush than bush is NG and use OEM frictions ,new steels at least the bottom,set clutch pacs on tighter side.sonnax sells a conv valve kit for these units now.

#5 ·
What atsg manual should I look at for this trans? Will the clutch pack clearance be the same? This is my first 3 shaft or Honda Tranz, this Tranz has a hard 1-2 shift and I have found there is friction material or something clogging the feed tubes in the linaer solenoids.. One the 1-2 drum there is alot of clearance in there I think.. I'm used to rear wheel drive .30-.80 this one has more than that only in the one drum.. I'm using a Transtar kit and new solenoids and filter.. Thanks a million for the help fellas if you have anymore insight or dues and donts please fill me in...
Randy

#6 · (Edited)
Same as all the others have said. Plus If you get a good kit it will have the blow up and stuff in the box ;)

Now. Is it the model that breaks the spring in the valve body? If So Sonnax has them :)

The new Fuzzy Logic TCU's realy like to take the 3rd clutch out. I have had them come in for an intermitant 2-3 flare or 3rd gear shutter only to tear them down and find bare steels ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.