Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Scammer!!!!!!Orange88!!!!!

25K views 321 replies 52 participants last post by  probo11 
#1 ·
Mike Bighsley posted an ad for a bbc bowtie block.The ad said it was bored to 4.53.Bowties go to 4.600.Bought the block and had it shipped.150.00.Shipping alone.When I got it it was a 502 block that had been bored out to 4.53.Not a bowtie,far from it.Max bore from gm on this block is 4.500.When I talk to him he says his buddy screwed him and he dont know nothing about big blocks.(the old playing dumb routine).In the ad it says it had a recent hone on the cylinders.Not so.Now I have an already overbored 502 block that needs to be bored again!Useless!!

#125 ·
Really? You dont think he wants to bash him? Thats all he has done even though O88 said he will refund the money.

Lets be honest... If you were O88 and the guy hasnt called, emailed or PM'd would you make the call? I know I wouldnt. If the guy doesnt care enough to make an effort to get his money back then why would O88 care or make the effort for him?

#134 ·
This shit has gone on too long.Where's this upstanding guy?Sounds like he is wanting to play games.Damn I want some of them blow jobs nichols 92 is giving to orange 88??****!!!Anyway,this is why I posted so early.This is a scam!I could tell after I got the block.Hey mike,I bet the machine shop told you this was an overboered useless 502 block when you picked it up?They said if it was a bowtie it would be good to go?Sound about right?

#135 ·
This shit has gone on too long.Where's this upstanding guy?Sounds like he is wanting to play games.Damn I want some of them blow jobs nichols 92 is giving to orange 88??****!!!Anyway,this is why I posted so early.This is a scam!I could tell after I got the block.Hey mike,I bet the machine shop told you this was an overboered useless 502 block when you picked it up?They said if it was a bowtie it would be good to go?Sound about right?
Send me my money for the block.Damn I will gladly return it to you.This pos. u sent me is taking up space in my garage!Makes me sick every time I walk by!

#143 ·
WOW...this is quite the mess! I dont get in this section often, but definately a interesting read. Unfortunately, I have to spend most of my time in the For Sale section to throw out the bumpers.....and hope to eliminate things like this from happening.

From what I see, this is the original posting (or reposting) of the block in question.
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204232

It is advertised as a "Bowtie Block".....not to mention that is also says it was machined after he bought it and its "ready to run".

I will say shame on the buyer for not asking for #'s or pics, BUT....it does say what its suppose to be in the AD. Meaning, it doesnt say BBC block or something generic.....it does say Bowtie.

All that being said, Orange88, you need to refund the buyer in full. You should eat the shipping cost(s) in both directions because you misrepresented what you were selling. (no, im not calling you a liar or a scam....I read you didnt know....but, that really doesnt matter at this point).

I would "suggest" a full refund be issued BEFORE the block is shipped. The buyer paid you in full before it was shipped, I think you OWE him that as well. Maybe you guys can work something out between you that makes you both happy.....this was my "suggestion". It also shows this "stand up guy" that everyone is talking about.

Maybe the block gets returned, maybe it doesnt - that is between the buyer and seller. Sounds like its junk and isnt worth return shipping, unless o88 can recoupe his money from his purchase. Again...thats up to the buyer/seller to decide.

I am going to watch this thread and look for resolution quickly. If not, I will have to remove access to the for sale section. We cant have issues like this out there unresolved.

Thanks!

#146 ·
Update.....

I have PM'd both the buyer and seller to help get this resolved. It doesnt sound like the seller is willing to refund in full + shipping both ways (what I suggested above).

I have sent them both a "new" offer/suggestion:
Seller refunds the entire amount + shipping (one way).
Buyer will return the block (ends up eating one way shipping ($150)

This is the offer on the table, I am waiting a response from both of them.

#150 ·
just so you guys know i offered to pay shipping and all his money back since dayone due to the fuckup on my end. its his problem he cant make good on getting it returned to me. hell we wount even contact me.

if he put the amount of time and effort in to helping getting this all taken care of instead of bashing me for no reason this would of all been fix within 24 hours.

its his loss at this point and should helped in righting the issue instead of fuelng a fire that never needed to be started

#164 ·
I would say send him at least 1/2 his money back in good faith, prepay a shipper for return of your block, then until you get your block back send the rest of his money when it arrives. We know by your own admission he in good faith sent full payment for the worthless block. Man up and make good on your deal gone bad.

#153 ·
Is the guy you bought it from going to make it right with you or are you fucked?

#156 ·
I hope it resolved quickly. I have sent PMs to both the buyer and seller.....ALOT of PM's actually with the seller...lol.

I think the problem now is who will move first. The buyer will not refund without the block back, the seller wont return the block with out a refund first. So......we still have a problem.

I have offered to be the middle man here. I dont know if both parties would agree, but I will hold the refund until the block is returned.....then release the funds to the buyer.

My "opinion" is (and its just that).......The seller should send the refund, when it clears, the block will be returned. Thats how the transaction started, so I think its only fair it happens that way. I am NOT calling the selller a liar, cheat or a scammer. The buyer doesnt trust him because of the what has already happened. Problem is now, the seller doesnt trust the buyer because of this thread and all the headaches.......along with he believes he should have asked for pics and part numbers to start with. At this point.....none of this matters. Someone has to step up and be the bigger person and start the reverse transaction.

Buyer / Seller: You guys can handle this offline between the two of you. My offer still stands to be the middle man and hold the money until the deal is complete.

You want my help....just let me know.

Thanks!
Rick

#157 ·
I must be stupid or something. THE GUY WHO SOLD THE WRONG BLOCK WANTS HIS BLOCK BEFORE SENDING THE MONEY BACK????????
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FU$%&#@ING KIDDING ME. YOU HOSE THE GUY AND THEN WANT BOTH HIS MONEY AND YOUR BLOCK BACK???? YA, YOU PROVED YOUR TRUST WORTHY SO FAR........... STOP BEING A PECKER HEAD AND EITHER SEND THE MONEY OR USE THE MOD AS A MIDDLE MAN. YOU ARE BEYOND WRONG FOR NOT CLEARING THIS UP

#160 ·
I pmd orange88 yesterday,like he said to do.Nothing.I told moderator I agree to him holding money till I ship block.Nothing.I have fully done whatever I can do to resolve this.I have called,pm'd,used a moderator(at his suggestion).THIS IS WHY I POSTED EARLY,I KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON WHEN THAT BLOCK ROLLED IN.Damn this ain't rocket science.Anybody that thinks he is a still a standup guy and not a scammer,there is plenty of room below!!

#165 ·
fuckin christ are you fuckin retarded, i dont live on the computer. giving more then a few hours to respond would be the normal thing to do. i swear you a have a fuckin screw lose or somthing.if you read the mesage i sent you a few minutes ago i agreed to everything you, me and the mod wouked out for returning the block to me and me returning the money to you.but now at this point go pound sand you stupid fuckin shit talker. my world dosent revolve around you or the YB. make use of it as you want its yours

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.