Yellow Bullet Forums banner

amish mafia

23K views 137 replies 75 participants last post by  NMRA P/S 5090 
#1 ·
wow I lived in amish country and this is just funny lol:rolleyes:

#35 ·
yeah I love their stake out and the punk out they did on the guy going to the ladys house lol WTF

#44 ·
Amish picker storage barn buildoff

#48 ·
I live in Lancaster. I don't know where to start with how bogus this is. The supposed Amish definitely aren't. Even the English (non-Amish) don't sound like Lancastrians. Steven Breit the attorney shown in the beginning is an actual Lancaster lawyer, but he's known mostly for defending DUIs. Gawd this is awful. And the acting sucks too.

And yes they are speaking PA Dutch (it's a lot like German) but without the Lancaster accent.

#51 ·
I live in Lancaster. I don't know where to start with how bogus this is. The supposed Amish definitely aren't. Even the English (non-Amish) don't sound like Lancastrians. Steven Breit the attorney shown in the beginning is an actual Lancaster lawyer, but he's known mostly for defending DUIs. Gawd this is awful. And the acting sucks too.

And yes they are speaking PA Dutch (it's a lot like German) but without the Lancaster accent.
i know the people in the show,they are what we call x amish.
all parties are real,no one is trying to play the role of someone.

#49 ·
I grew up in an Amish community, and am about two generations removed from being Amish. They speak "Pennsylvania Dutch," which is not "Dutch" at all, but a bastardization of "Duetsch," which is German. So basically, it's a German-based dialect 250 years removed from Germany. And Amish have a rule against graven images, which includes photography. Any self-respecting Amish person avoids still cameras, let alone movie/tv cameras.

#54 ·
the guy driving the truck is menonite ... they can do shit regular amish cant .... like own a truck

#55 ·
Little town by where I grew up had a sect known as 'Black Stockings'. Kinda like Amish only stricter. When those girls got to be about 15 or so they would come to town on Saturday night, change clothes at a friend's house, and it was ON!. They'd be some hard partyin' whoores, and be pulled back together for church the next morning.:supz:

#64 ·
How stupid are you? :)

The Pennsylvania "Dutch" were thusly named because when they came over and people asked where they were from, they responded "Deutsch!" which.. we fucked up and misinterpreted as Dutch!.. so.. they're speaking a form of German.. :p

#71 ·
Same here, I live in Lancaster County and an amish farm is right down the street from me. I sure hope the oregano plant they sold me was really oregano ;)

I just wish they'd clean up the horse shit on the road......nothing like driving over fresh horse shit early in the morning, pisses you off!

#73 ·
I am from Lebanon County, PA and I can tell you I know and have met many Amish and Mennonite people, none of which would ever be involved in this show. But people do leave those communities, so who knows. I can also tell you that I speak Pennsylvania German (not well) which is the same German dialect the Amish use. It is an old German dialect, older than the language used today in most parts of Germany. In my opinion the dialect used on the show is a little to polished compared to what I have heard Amish speak. But it is just my opinion as the dialect is slightly different from county to county so who knows and I am not an expert.

Die Guckbax iss kuh mische.

TV is bull shit. :)

#117 ·
I am from Lebanon County, PA and I can tell you I know and have met many Amish and Mennonite people, none of which would ever be involved in this show. But people do leave those communities, so who knows. I can also tell you that I speak Pennsylvania German (not well) which is the same German dialect the Amish use. It is an old German dialect, older than the language used today in most parts of Germany. In my opinion the dialect used on the show is a little to polished compared to what I have heard Amish speak. But it is just my opinion as the dialect is slightly different from county to county so who knows and I am not an expert.

Die Guckbax iss kuh mische.

TV is bull shit. :)
I'm also from Lebanon County, why do they call Levi ,Lebanon Levi ? Is he from up here ?

#79 ·
The amish guy down the street pulled his horse and buggy in our driveway the other winter when we had the deep 24" of snow asking to use my snow blower.

They don't need no guns, the can just run you over with their horses, those animals are huge!

Of course, people drove by taking pictures of this....damn tourists!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.