Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Ever see a Faster Cadillac???

18K views 100 replies 61 participants last post by  jaxsmith 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm not talkin Pro mods or Funny Cars. I'm talkin Stock Chassis Cadillacs! This car has been around since the late 70's here in Albuq., and still goes 10.40's@135 at Sea level, 11.0's@126 at our local track which is 5,200 ft! Car runs the Stock Short block Bored to 565 CI Injected on Alcohol! At 4,200 lbs!

See less See more
#43 ·
My Caddy Swap should be finished in the next few weeks. No Spy pic's yet of the car yet , but should be 800 HP 700 TQ in a stock block, small bore, stock stroke 504 CID Cadillac with Potter Goodies.

Were doing cam swap now and it made 762/702 with the previous cam. Will be going in a Buick Regal that's been on a little diet. Previous G-body Cadillac swap was a pump gas 507 that weighed 3815 with me in it and ran mid 11's and mid 10's with a 150 shot. Fingers and toes crossed for the new ride.

#50 ·
My Caddy Swap should be finished in the next few weeks. No Spy pic's yet of the car yet , but should be 800 HP 700 TQ in a stock block, small bore, stock stroke 504 CID Cadillac with Potter Goodies.

Were doing cam swap now and it made 762/702 with the previous cam. Will be going in a Buick Regal that's been on a little diet. Previous G-body Cadillac swap was a pump gas 507 that weighed 3815 with me in it and ran mid 11's and mid 10's with a 150 shot. Fingers and toes crossed for the new ride.
That looks like a bad bitch!! Who makes that manifold? I remember seeing it in Popular Hot Rodding a couple years ago, but don't remember the manufacturer? Good luck with this project man, keep us posted how his works!! By the way, what model Caddy is a G-body?

#52 ·
That's a new Potter Manifold and new aluminum Potters heads. Manifold is NASCAR derived and Stan Justice helped with the design and on the heads as well. Heads flow 400 cfm out of the box. The G-body isn't a Cadillac. It's a Buick Regal that has Cadillac Power.

A picture of the Old Cadillac Powered G-body

#59 ·
The guy that had the Cream colored cady, that ran at Norwalk, and Also seen on Milan's Pinks. Did end up with a BBC I believe it was a 540, which did put it in the 9's. He did Sell it. And currently has a White caddy the same body style, with a LS motor in it. Saw him go mid 11's with it last wednesday. Lets see if Shawn can keep a hold of his wallet on this build! He does build some nice stuff, always a pleasure to check you his caddys

#64 ·
The light yellow and white coupes are from Shawn Gilbert. He does build very clean and detailed racers.

I have a black coupe, the one pictured near the start of the thread.
Yeah! That Shawn. He I think still has a white Coupe. It had a decent Caddy motor in it and he was tryin to sell the motor awhile back on a couple Caddy forums. Hell! Guess I need to start on mine!

#61 · (Edited)
Slowly trying to get there- bored to 512, diamond pistons, filled block, all the associated good stuff, twin 76's. 1976 fleetwood brougham. Best guess we can come up with is that I should be somewhere in the 9's.

not much to look at at this point, as i tend to make things a lot more complicated than needed. Eta'ing later this year it should be good to go, ready for spring testing.

(older picture)

EDIT: Completely stock motor before I tore it apart. 10.3's... in the 1/8th. lol. valve float around 3800.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUQan71LBw0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUQan71LBw0

#70 ·
The only way for the first one pictured to be cooler would be to paint it white and pull some bull horns (as in horns....from a bull) on the front.

#73 ·
Dude! I could totally picture you rocking the white caddy 'vert with bullhorns. That would be epic.

#79 ·
I saw a Cadillac tube frame PS type car that ran 7.40's with a Cadillac engine. 2350 lbs and 500". Seems like the car was out of Florida or maybe it was the engine builder. I thought that it was impressive for what they used to build the engine. It was a stock block and just about everything was a one off piece as nobody made anything to stay together for Cadillacs. I really have an appreciation for odd ball stuff and the work these guys do to make something run when it would just be a whole lot easier to buy or build a Big Ford or Big Chevy or Hemi and go that route.

#80 ·
Buy far you can build anything cheaper than a Caddy! You can also marry some hairy construction guy named Ralph because women are sooooo hard to get along with! But see how that just sounds gay? LOL! Up to a point Caddy's are cheap as anything. But then there's that point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.