Yellow Bullet Forums banner

june 18 th thompson roll call

31K views 539 replies 67 participants last post by  jim loveland 
#1 ·
Ok guys we have 2 weeks until the big day :supz:who's coming it should be a great day for all of us
Tom and Denny and koolrayz has worked hard to do this.
even if your car isn't done come support and.or.give guys a hand if needed

See you all on June 18 th

#322 ·
Had a good day on Saturday, just got back home a bit ago from the event filled weekend. First gotta thank Tom and his wife, Chris, Dennis, Paul, Al, Charlie, Skippy and all the other folks that put in all the time to make the event go on. I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of names and of course all the sponsors. I had a good time.

Sorry to Brian Chumley for beating you by .0089 in the first round, then having to put it on the trailer from lack of oil pressure (down to 20 lbs) and some major engine noise. If I woulda known I woulda lifted and let you go on. I don't know if I'll make the show on the 3rd. All I can say is so far I've done my part. Unloaded this morning, pulled the motor and stripped it down to the shortblock. It's headed to the machine shop tomorrow and hopefully there's not too much damage.

As far as the Corvette goes and any other factory appearing chassis car, I say let them run. It was decided last year to be a little less strict on that rule and I agree it would help increase car count in 8.90. I really wish all the folks that have not made an event and have no intention of making an event would shut the hell up about the rules. Buncha keyboard warriors who have no decency and can't appreciate what Tom and all the Renegade folks do out there for us. I'm thankful that the race exists and is relatively close to mom and dad's place.

Thanks again to everyone that worked hard to make the first show happen. And thanks to the guys who brought out cars and supported the classes. Hopefully it'll continue to prosper.

#442 ·
Had a good day on Saturday, just got back home a bit ago from the event filled weekend. First gotta thank Tom and his wife, Chris, Dennis, Paul, Al, Charlie, Skippy and all the other folks that put in all the time to make the event go on. I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of names and of course all the sponsors. I had a good time.

Sorry to Brian Chumley for beating you by .0089 in the first round, then having to put it on the trailer from lack of oil pressure (down to 20 lbs) and some major engine noise. If I woulda known I woulda lifted and let you go on. I don't know if I'll make the show on the 3rd. All I can say is so far I've done my part. Unloaded this morning, pulled the motor and stripped it down to the shortblock. It's headed to the machine shop tomorrow and hopefully there's not too much damage.

As far as the Corvette goes and any other factory appearing chassis car, I say let them run. It was decided last year to be a little less strict on that rule and I agree it would help increase car count in 8.90. I really wish all the folks that have not made an event and have no intention of making an event would shut the hell up about the rules. Buncha keyboard warriors who have no decency and can't appreciate what Tom and all the Renegade folks do out there for us. I'm thankful that the race exists and is relatively close to mom and dad's place.

Thanks again to everyone that worked hard to make the first show happen. And thanks to the guys who brought out cars and supported the classes. Hopefully it'll continue to prosper.
Don't be sorry, It was a awsome race to run, it had to be a great race to watch for the fans. Just get your engine back together as soon as you can and get to the next race(maybe next time it will be my turn to win! LOL!). I also want to thank everyone that worked so hard to make this race and the whole RRA possible. THANK YOU for giving me and my family a place to hang out and play, I met alot of great people at this race, i look forward to meeting more of you in the future. lets keep the RRA alive!!

#336 ·
This Car is awful fun to watch.....This thing is Wicked!!! On another note.....Where in the hell did he get the steering wheel in that car??? I thought it was the most unique part of the car, If you've never seen it you should check it out!! It's about a 15-20 inch deep & removable!! Makes it purely simple to enter & exit the car!

#337 ·
ya know whats funny we as a groupe were told to police the race our selves and when we do we get called bitchers -you people make your freaking minds up its that simple .i wont say another word about an illegal car or cars as long as the vette weights #3000 or close im cool with it and any other illegal car with interior and mufflers that drive on the street :supz:

bring the vette im ok with that -but as pandoras box was just opened we as a group of racers have the right to police a class not tom cowel-or any one not racing the class or classes .

tom& wife-denny-paul-chris , have done a great job of giving us a place and class to race no one is arguing that i and everyone thanks you :supz:

have a wonderful day people :smt097

#339 ·
I did tell Denny that the black Corvette should be weighed. Denny produced a weight slip that showed it was 2930 or 2970. He also said the owner would have it at 3000 next race. I was concerned until I saw the slip. I just don't want S/C or S/G cars showing up at 2200lbs or less. Until this class has an overwhelming turn out of cars , we are not in the position to turn any 3000 lb car away as long as it fits the theme of "Street Appearing". That being said, It would be nice to have scales ready in case a car shows up and anyone questions its weight.

#340 ·
well it seems to me that some people are more interested in trying to make thing not work and not have this series and being one of the racers that want to have a series to run. it you are so worried about this series than why arent you all racing and supporting it. the guy who raced this weekend had a great time and will be back agin and will help make the series a success. so if your not raceing shut the hell up and let us have fun

#341 ·
I just want to thank Tom and his wife Crystal,Jim Loveland,Denny Moore and all the people that made this first race so good.I tried to do as much as I could while I was racing but without Jim and Denny's help I could not have done it,seeing how I was still racing when you guys where done. I met so many nice people lets just stop bitching and have fun racing.Jim if your ready on the July 3 I might have to park mine and just bring the trailer for the Renegades.Again great job everybody on a very good show,that means you to Gerry Penn !!!!!

#345 ·
Went to the guy's nephew's shopto check it out, car needs everything new from the firewall forward, including chassis. I guess they are going to fix it, then put another body on it... I guess when he climbed out of the car, he looked at someone and said "I didn't like this car anyhow" lol

Here is a couple of pics I took at the shop...

#347 ·
first off..... thank's to the rra staff for giving us a place to race.......second..... i looked over the vette , very cool ride, i don't see no reason to not let him run as long as it's 3000 lbs.... we voted the 57 in.... it would not be fair to outlaw the vette......

and how about having chris ( super man ) klink back at the track with us

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.