Yellow Bullet Forums banner

june 18 th thompson roll call

31K views 539 replies 67 participants last post by  jim loveland 
#1 ·
Ok guys we have 2 weeks until the big day :supz:who's coming it should be a great day for all of us
Tom and Denny and koolrayz has worked hard to do this.
even if your car isn't done come support and.or.give guys a hand if needed

See you all on June 18 th

#242 ·
I'd love to see some pics of the white second gen Camaro! Those cars have been giving me chubby's lately!

#249 ·
i have no problem with the vette period - but you can not allow one and not another - as a racer tom needs to make a post and allow the racers to vote on if you are a 8.90 racer not some one who wants to only the ones who have raced alrady the vette is allowed i say yes but just remember you allow you just opened pandoras box .

again we had a great time and are looking forward to many more

#250 ·
bbmonte - i have a air shifter in my car as well i just pulled the bottle air line going to it and unhooked the wires going to the noid :supz:

#258 · (Edited)
Love that 65 300 Chevelle, and he got our first asassin bonus award to boot. Just a reminder for the July 3rd race and beyond, if your a registered member at ashtabularacing.com and are running the AR decal you get a extra bonus on top of the $50 we put up for the asassin award. We have a seperate forum set up for you guys also. Johnboy, can I use that photo for the website?

#262 ·
I thought they (chassis cars) had clear advantage of over a stock front suspension car at the starting line...can't believe the guys want to go the this again....rules are rules, that was made clear last, more flip flopping on this than in DC....

#269 ·
i know you are just afraid of getting some competition there in a 10.50 class...
and there aint no way that my lil motor is gonna push a 3000# back half car near the 8.90 mark if i cant make it go 9.90 in my 2990 chassis car in summertime air...now if youd like to sponser at turbo setup, id gladly try the 8.90 route...lol

#270 ·
i know you are just afraid of getting some competition there in a 10.50 class...
and there aint no way that my lil motor is gonna push a 3000# back half car near the 8.90 mark if i cant make it go 9.90 in my 2990 chassis car in summertime air...now if youd like to sponser at turbo setup, id gladly try the 8.90 route...lol

#275 ·
no bitching about the rra , just looking for a clarification... it was noticed that the ols class was missing a few? did you guys have a big race somewhere else?

#276 ·
Listen the bottum line is a rule is a rule. Funny thing is I'm the only one that's willing to say something 5 guys came up to me and said something about it and bitched so obviously we have a problem. So guys that are racing it have a say so

#281 ·
Then why not approach me/us at the track? We are very fair to deal with and we will get you a response on the spot. List the 5 racers who bitched and I'll call each of them and discuss it.

Last year at the final race the racers spoke and they where willing to tryout a heavy tube car [yogi's 57]. Everybody we spoke with afterwards liked the addition and had no issues, so we added it to 8.90 only. Then we were flooded with inquiries with cars that looked nothing like street cars and with racers who wanted to exploit the rules, so we pulled it from the rules hopimg to reinstall it as a 'review only' basis. We gave the vette a review and it bit us without speaking to all the racers.

#277 ·
all of you guys need to back off! the rra is run by volunters for FREE! doing the best they can do to give us a fun place to race! they are doing a great job, and in order to grow it had to be done. im sure if the class gets dominated every race by a car like that, then the committee will evaluate it at the end of the season and find a way to make it fair. al matuska has the heaviest car in the class and instead of trying to start controversy, he is busy whooping ass instead! so pull out your panty liners and get ready for the july 3rd race

#280 ·
all of you guys need to back off! the rra is run by volunters for FREE! doing the best they can do to give us a fun place to race! they are doing a great job, and in order to grow it had to be done. im sure if the class gets dominated every race by a car like that, then the committee will evaluate it at the end of the season and find a way to make it fair. al matuska has the heaviest car in the class and instead of trying to start controversy, he is busy whooping ass instead! so pull out your panty liners and get ready for the july 3rd race
Problem is Denny,, "IF" you start cutting guys slack at each race for "1" rule each week it's gonna happen..Then it's gonna kart wheel over and over with finger pointing saying you let so-n-so race last week... Let one ruling slide you gotta do it for everyone wanting to race the class's..
Gerry does have a valid point and IS the only guy making the statements,,some aren't liking it but it's the facts and the rules are printed out or is it the RRA's rules are flexible to make a field count..??

#283 ·
AGAIN GUYS I HAVE NO FUCKING PROBLEM WITH THE VETTE :supz: I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOU ALLOW ONE AND NOT THE OTHER :smt068.

ITS A RULE OR ITS NOT FIX IT BY THE 3RD OR WE WILL HAVE AN ISSUE,AND GUYS IF YOUR NOT RUNNING THE 8.90 CLASS

SHUT THE F*** UP ITS NOT YOUR FIGHT :smt097

HAPPY FATHERS DAY :supz::supz::supz:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.