Yellow Bullet Forums banner

june 18 th thompson roll call

31K views 539 replies 67 participants last post by  jim loveland 
#1 ·
Ok guys we have 2 weeks until the big day :supz:who's coming it should be a great day for all of us
Tom and Denny and koolrayz has worked hard to do this.
even if your car isn't done come support and.or.give guys a hand if needed

See you all on June 18 th

#504 · (Edited)
Gerry give Ronnie V. at V's house of hp. does great work 216-256-5362 he's by the ford plant in walton hills. you also need to run better gaskets use cometics. What are those?

#519 · (Edited)
X2000 Bring'em up to Ronnie The adress is 7300 Northfield rd. Walton Hills OH 216-256-5362...We're in the same Building, Straight down route 8 The very back of the building!!

Gerry: As Steve explained to you earlier I saw & explained to him what I saw when you made your pass that hurt the motor, So maybe If I explain it to you we can put what I saw & you felt in the car together & come up with a solution to your problem if it'll help..

It was clean in the burnout and ran fine up until you got double bulbed & shut the car down....When it re-fired it seemed like it had been Dumping Fuel because as soon as it cranked it was shooting black smoke from the exhaust, you never got a chance to clean it out & rolled right in and staged, When you matted the gas the motor was laboring & shooting the black smoke, which didn't help matters that the tree was quick, and the motor never Got on the 2-step!! Before it could get up on the chip you let the button go & it continued to labor as you went down track until it boomed (what seemed like all the raw fuel!!) Bare with me!! LOL!

Everything happens fast when racing heads up & especially on a pro tree, I don't think you had time to really realize what was going on because even just watching it all happened so fast...But I was told By Jerry Albert in his garage Before me & a friend of mine took the car out that he'd wired two stages, That if you mat the gas & the motor is laboring Do Not Let That Button Go!! Gave us a check list! That bit of advise saved us twice.....Both times a fuel issue, Needle & seat,or bad regulator may cause fuel to push pass the needle & seat or just for some reason fuel was puddling,either way it fired an intense amount of fuel in the cylinder when the spray came on & will cause some similar damage as yours... I just don't think you had time to hear the motor struggling like it was because you were still trying to focus on tree, Soon as you grabbed the brake it was time to let go & the motor was trying to catch up the whole time! I wish someone had video of that pass!! Any way Good Luck I hope this helps you Out !!! &I hope you get that Fucked over rebuilt dodge back together soon!! SIGH!!!

#512 ·
something is seriously wrong somewhere when a low compression motor with a 100 or so hit blows a gasket, weak area or blemish on gasket, timing,using low octane pump gas or maybe warped head . You should be trying to figure out why that happened Gerry so ya don't repeat. That should never have happened, your motor really should go a few seasons with small hits of spray.

#513 ·
something is seriously wrong somewhere when a low compression motor with a 100 or so hit blows a gasket,,using low octane pump gas or maybe warped head .

Must have been some bad 93 octane from BP around the corner..:p:p:p

#518 ·
Gerry, get yourself some good MLS head gaskets and throw in there after you get that head fixed. The steel bands around the cylinder should be slightly beefier and should touch between cylinders. Looks like you're using a stock type gasket. Upgrade and save yourself alot of headache. The MLS's are streetable, we have them in a street motor too...

#521 ·
first off they dont make a MLS gasket for a bbf and nor do they make one for the C-head .

it didnt shut off i shut it off,and i dont believe this is the cause i believe its been blown for weeks. :(

i was losing water due to a close looped system and fixed it ,but i think i was to late - it doesnt matter ,ill get it fixed and be back soon.

thanks for all the help and advise ill be looking into several issues and resolve them ,im not done just yet .

im not saying i wont be there sunday on the 3rd but its not looking good at this time- just dropped head off tonight to ron -he will have it back to me friday after noon and we will go from there

its not a time thing its a money thing- family first and thats all that matters to me - like i said if im not racing ill be there supporting and helping anyone who needs a wrench or a chute backed or hell ill even bring EXTRA BEER :) :supz::supz::supz::supz:

#525 ·
Uhmm!! I'm Pretty sure I mentioned that you shut the car off After being double bulbed!!I actually clapped & thought it was funny as hell!!! I didn't think he'd back out that quick!!It was at that Point It started smoking & carrying on, Is all I'm Saying!!When it re-fired it was not clean, It still sucks..after that classic move I was hoping you would grab the round...Gerry When you go Back to Ron's have him come grab me(Ken) out of the weld shop up front, He might be able lead you further in the right direction, It could be fuel or Ignition problems , but the only way is to gather as much info as possible Plus me & Ronnie kick this type of stuff around all the time..back when he had two dragsters I was his hired gun for two years while my car was down..He's a good Knowledgeable dude!!

#523 ·
plate and please dont say get a fogger because i dont have one and im not buying one :supz:

im gonna do a turbo or a charger in a couple years - there should be no issue with a plate at the small levels im running

#524 ·
question 1: which way is the plate mounted? for example, if you are standing at the nose of the car and looking at the engine, is the spray but run from the back of the engine to the front or from one bank to the other?

question2: when you switch from 93 to the high octane, do you pull the fuel lines off and drain every single drop of gas out of them and the tank?

#528 ·
barran ill post pic and all ? will be answered

and yes i use same fuel cell no i dont drain every drop - theses are ? ive been ? ing my self plus many more :(

barran its a 4 noid system

#529 ·
Gerry call cometic they make mls gaskets fo bbf and also do custom stuff.look at there website Cometic Gasket, Inc.
8090 Auburn Road
Concord, OH 44077(800) 752-9850Call Toll Free(440) 354-0777Order / Tech Line(440) 354-0350Fax

#532 ·
What cranking pressure did you have in the motor gerry..??

If it was high to begin with adding the small shot you did of nitrous would increase that pressure and make that gasket go..We all know the ford head bolt pattern isn't the best for torquing a head down..I would also look into a MLS gasket possibly.. A good race Fel-Pro gasket will work but i would add acouple coats of Copper spray to both sides when installing..

either way good luck on getting it back together..:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.