Yellow Bullet Forums banner

THE REAL AL ANABI SHUTDOWN REASON !!!!

113K views 849 replies 170 participants last post by  MET90LX 
#1 ·
Heard some interesting news today on the "Sheik", from a couple of reliable sources. Kinda funny,.... in that it apparently turns out the "young Sheik",... acquired a bit of a drug habit here lately. Alan Johnson and Frank Manzo, (his Alcohol Funny Car driver) checked him into "Promises" a few weeks ago, and yes,....it's the same place Charlie Sheen went to dry out. Turns out "daddy Sheik" has had all the fun he has needed, and made his son cancel any and all racing activities,.....effective immediately. All of the Qatar cars are effectively done, and everyone that is employed,... is now UN-employed. Who da thunk?

#163 ·
Yow long did it take you to learn how to type while giving a blow job!

#168 ·
I hate to ruin the party but this rumor is full of bullshit..

KH is doing just fine and is not in rehab.. unless they opened a "Promise" in Qatar.. So I would advise you look for better resources since you're are obviously not very reliable.

KH is going to taper down on the racing side of things. I will guess that he's probably sick and tired of people using him up and giving very little appreciation in return.

He is doing better than ever!! and to spread bullshit lies from "reliable" sources is pretty phucked up... Karma as they say is a bitch!!

#176 ·
I hate to ruin the party but this rumor is full of bullshit..

KH is doing just fine and is not in rehab.. unless they opened a "Promise" in Qatar.. So I would advise you look for better resources since you're are obviously not very reliable.

KH is going to taper down on the racing side of things. I will guess that he's probably sick and tired of people using him up and giving very little appreciation in return.

He is doing better than ever!! and to spread bullshit lies from "reliable" sources is pretty phucked up... Karma as they say is a bitch!!

so are YOU saying the sheik is not a " POWDER MONKEY " ????

THAT isn"t rumor, as YOU know. one of YB"s favorite racers would get calls from KH at all hours of the night , ONLY to claim he never made such calls when asked about it .

it FINALLY got to the point said racer showed KH his phone to PROVE he had been calling.

Im not for all the BS about bashing someones religion, but just because some kid got a load of cash the LEACHES come out in droves.

the cost of MOST things in pro mod have went thru the roof because of ONE individual . those who want a "free" ride or to hang on his coat tails , are some REALLY useless SOB"S

#170 ·
YEAH ALL OF YOU FUCKERS. I asked a question about these people several months ago. I asked if the racers were just being "sponsorship whores" and EVERYONE told me to fuck off. Well as usual Larry Ford is completely right. Kiss their ass while you are making money, and now what are you going to do. Just like everyone saying I was an idiot when I questioned why 6-speeds have 2 overdrives. They should have a 1:1 5th to make the gear spacing closer. Now the mustang has a 1:1 5th. COMPLETELY MAKES SENSE TO ME. Just say Larry, you are right. AS USUAL!!!

#171 ·
Guys I don't believe the hype. It's sad when so many can take pleasure at hearing bad news rumors. Kh has been a great supporter of drag racing, he loves drag racing and he is one of us.....a driver. Please give him the same respect all other drivers receive.

#173 ·
It is sad that the Sheik is in Re-hab trying to get his life back together and everybody wants to rag on him.He is human and has poured so much money into this sport but my question is what happens to ADRL? There is alot of cars that wont have a place to race if it folds.FWIW I wish you the best Sheik.And I hope you get your life back together so you can go racing again!

#172 ·
Rumors regarding the future of the Alan Johnson/Al-Anabi Racing (plus all sponsored vehicles for that matter) operation have been swirling in recent days, and a note from an unnamed but very reliable industry insider crossed our desk this afternoon containing some interesting email exchanges. Del Worsham, less than 24 hours removed from winning his first NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series championship, is already without a ride and will assume the crew chief duties of Alexis DeJoria’s Tequila Patron Funny Car next season in the Kalitta Racing stable. Worsham and his father Chuck have teamed with DeJoria in the past as she worked toward her professional debut.

With the Al-Anabi money again rumored to be cut off indefinitely, Johnson and Dixon are both rumored to be moving to the Morgan Lucas Racing camp next season, where Johnson will tune and Dixon will pilot the Lucas Oil-backed dragster. If true, that would put Shawn Langdon, who has driven for Lucas for the last two seasons, out of a ride. Our source has informed us that the future of Al-Anabi racing across the full spectrum of teams for which they finance may be in trouble, but this information is again unconfirmed.

Kenny Bernstein, one of drag racing’s most iconic drivers and team owners through more than 40 years of involvement with professional drag racing, is rumored to have released his crew and staff at the conclusion of the Auto Club Finals in Pomona on Sunday and has placed his operation for sale, citing a lack of necessary funding to accompany his Copart backing.

Advertisement

#178 ·
I have to call bullshit on the rumor. The racing is being scaled back due to the country of Qatar hosting the 2012 Worlds Cup Soccer Games. Yes I realize it's over ten years from now but a LOT of work has to be completed . Roads, stadiums, general infrastructure ,plus all equipment,material and workers have to be brought into the country.

#188 ·
I hope it is just a rumor but it is what it is!! I still wish him the best because he has done alot for drag-racing in general!! But I still want to know where all the ADRL cars will race if he shuts down all race operations.And yes Im a jerk from the Eddie Krawic thread but everyone wants to know what the hell is going on!!So Monty,if you know everything,post it up as we want to know what is going on!!But since Im the jerk that cant race anymore because (well no need to go into that)I would like to know the whole story!!!!!!! Mark S.(ESPN celebrity)

#197 ·
Wow. There are dumb motherfuckers on this site. Hmmm.... I wonder why a lot of Muslim countries hate the U.S. ..... I'd be willing to bet its because inbred dumbass hillbilly motherfuckers like "Mr Hat" keep being straight up assholes. I'm an American, and proud of it..... but people who know NOTHING about a culture and NOTHING about a religion make the rest of us look like retards. It almost makes me ashamed to call myself American...... ALMOST. My hope is that natural selection takes back over soon, and you people get whats coming to you.

#198 ·
Heard some interesting news today on the "Sheik", from a couple of reliable sources. Kinda funny,.... in that it apparently turns out the "young Sheik",... acquired a bit of a drug habit here lately. Alan Johnson and Frank Manzo, (his Alcohol Funny Car driver) checked him into "Promises" a few weeks ago, and yes,....it's the same place Charlie Sheen went to dry out. Turns out "daddy Sheik" has had all the fun he has needed, and made his son cancel any and all racing activities,.....effective immediately. All of the Qatar cars are effectively done, and everyone that is employed,... is now UN-employed. Who da thunk?

Dam, thats a bummer, hope rehab works out for him and he gets better. My buddys at the local car club were just wondering what was goin on, glad I got the scoop now.

#202 ·
How many roads & stadiums are they gonna build in a few months?

#215 ·
Hodgi & Monty say no but offer nothing but their word.

mc jim & spooler are on board too.

#227 ·
So you were lying when you said you & your tribe were from Sand Mountain? But you're telling the truth that you were a high level US Govt operative & became wealthy enough at it to retire after a 2 1/2 year career? You are a mother fucking fool brah! That is certified & re-certified daily on YB.

I am happy for you that the innumerable beat downs you have endured here have at least provided you with the opportunity to learn to write in complete sentences.

Now go wash your rag. It's only 2 days tin the big crack sniff.

#228 ·
So you were lying when you said you & your tribe were from Sand Mountain? But you're telling the truth that you were a high level US Govt operative & became wealthy enough at it to retire after a 2 1/2 year career? You are a mother fucking fool brah! That is certified & re-certified daily on YB.

I am happy for you that the innumerable beat downs you have endured here have at least provided you with the opportunity to learn to write in complete sentences.

Now go wash your rag. It's only 2 days tin the big crack sniff.

How about you and Hodge just kill each other. Set an example for the rest of the over the-top-kooks on both sides.

#233 ·
"Bro", originally....as in "Hey bro, whassup?"

#236 ·
children children children,i am pretty sure this thread was started as "the real al anabi shutdown reason".i am not really sure why the people posting here have decided to turn this into an attacking/racist thread.many people have come into all forms of racing & i am pretty sure ethnicity/race has not been the motivating factor just as it was not a motivating factor when they left racing.i for one was pretty excited to see the al anabi teams grow & support our sport for as long as they did.did anybody really think that they would pump unlimited funds into racing year after year with no real return other than bragging rights ?for most of us,racing is about fun & ego.very few people can make a great full time living at this sport/hobby.if you reread the posts in this thread,i for one am embarrassed by the attitude & racist slurs.what company and or individual would want to come in as a major sponsor/supporter to drag racing after reading how a major major supporter is being treated when they decide to spend their money elsewhere ? this is one of the reasons drag racing has not caught nascar in popularity & money & struggles everyday to find funding.nascar has people lined up waiting to sign sponsorship deals.this thread can continue on as originally intended or it can continue as the thread it has become.continuing as the latter just makes all of us on this site look narrow minded & racist as a whole. what potential sponsor would like to be associated with this ?

#239 ·
This is your second post and it is SHUT THE HELL UP? Tell you what brah, get the fuck on over to the newbie thread. Chill there for a while & when somebody knows who you are you can try again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.