Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Sorry, another rules question?

5K views 60 replies 14 participants last post by  Kelly Leslie 
#1 ·
Does a n/a 4 cyl have to weigh 2350# for the 8.5 class? And if so how are you supposed to get a car that light that meets SFI. req with the only composite body panels being bumpers, hood, and deck lid? That has to be the baddest 4cyl (approx 800hp to be competitive to win(5.20-.30)) Ive ever seen. Does a N/A 4 cyl get that 50hp shot also?

#41 ·
JUST THINK THIS STARTED AS A SIMPLE 4CYL RULES QUESTION.

#42 ·
I think that is why I put SORRY at the beginning because I knew it would get out of control.LOL It always does on this site.

#55 ·
I think that is why I put SORRY at the beginning because I knew it would get out of control.LOL It always does on this site.
LOL dont worry Darren. Im glad you asked, its always better to ask then guess. As for the drama, its easy to pick through the relative questions & answer versus the BS, no worries lol. Im pretty sure we all know whats up. It just stinks for the people reading the BS and not knowing whats going on.

#46 ·
Vern, Gerald, Art/Dave the All Motor rules are posted you guys coming up?

#49 ·
are these the rules
Liberty's Gears All Motor – AM
1/4 Mile - .400 Pro Tree - 16 Car Qualified Field - Sportsman Ladder
Rules are subject to change. We will also review them after the third race.
Base Weights
Small Block minimum weight 2900 pounds
Big Block minimum weight 3300 pounds

Carburetors
Carburetors: Single carburetor allowed. Any modifications are allowed. No split carburetors allowed.
Fuel Injection: Electronic fuel injection is allowed. Single throttle body required

Intake Manifolds: Cast only (No sheet metal intakes), may be altered or modified

Mufflers: Mufflers are mandatory. No gutting allowed, they should be used as manufactured. Insert mufflers are not allowed. Collector mufflers are acceptable.

Lower Engine Containment Device Required
Oil Retention Device: Device may be custom-built ballistic blanket-style or metal-style (I.e., bucket) device. Metal pan may be no longer than the engine from the front of crank shaft to the rear of the flywheel. Pan must be inside the frame rails and fabricated to retain oil\liquid. Pan must attach to the frame via conventional fasteners or straps. Pan must be a minimum of 3 inches above ground.
Diapers: They do not have to be SFI rated.

Transmissions
Auto Transmissions: Any OEM American automatic transmission or a replica of an OEM American automatic transmission that uses planetary gears and torque converter permitted. Transmission-to-engine adapters are permitted. Trans brakes permitted. Automatic transmission entries run at listed base weights. Pneumatic, electric, hydraulic, etc. shifters prohibited. Any gear change must occur from direct action by the driver.

Manual Transmissions: OEM or aftermarket transmissions with a maximum of 5 forward speeds permitted. Clutchless models permitted. Any gear change must occur from direct action by the driver. Pneumatic, electric, hydraulic, etc. shifters prohibited. Vehicles using Clutchless manual transmission must add 125 lbs to listed base weight.

Front End: Stock frame rail from firewall forward required. Firewall to remain in the original location. Bolt-on replacement units allowed. This needs to be verified in tech that the bolt on factory mounting point are used with the bolts present.

Front Suspension: Any type of suspension is allowed

Rear Suspension
Stock Suspension: Deduct 25 pounds from base weight
Ladder Bar: Runs at base weight
4-Link: Add 75 pounds to base weight

Wheelie Bars: They are allowed. Maximum length is XX inches from the axle center line to wheelie bar wheel center line. NOT SURE ON WHICH STYLE YET
Add 50 pounds from base weight if using wheelie bars

Rear Tires
Slick Tires:Must be stamped 29.5 x 10.5 (No W's allowed) and will be measured with a go/no go gauge at 10.75". The "bigger" Hoosier 18192 and tires like it stamped 29.5 x 10.5 will still be allowed with a 25 pound weight penalty. Slicks that are 9" or narrower may be no taller than 30".
Drag Radials: These are the brands and sizes that are allowed
BFGoodrich Drag Radial 275/50/15, 275/60/15, 325/50/15
Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial 275/60/15, 275/50/15, 325/50/15
Nitto NT555R Drag Radial 275/50/15, 275/60/15
Body
Exterior:
Body panels can be replaced with factory appearing bolt-on replacements. No one piece front ends. OEM style forward facing hood scoop are allowed, Pro Stock style forward facing hood scoops are allowed, add 50 pounds to the base weight.

Glass: Lexan is allowed in the doors, side widows and the back

Interior: Stock appearing interior required, including two front seats.

MUST MEET ALL NHRA RULES INCLUDING LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION

#50 ·
That looks like them to me. Except the rules I read said guys named Vern had to add a 100lbs.LOL

#51 ·
if those are the rules I can run 5.20 to 5.22 with them rules in 1/8 I dont know if it would do that well in the 1/4 ....

#52 ·
They run 1/4 mile. You would probably be competitive, the fastest car usually didnt win before the wheelie bar addition, dont know what will happen now.

#53 ·
Do you know a good fab guy that could make you a set of wheelie bars? If so you would be right there with them. Heard Gary Rohe is good and treats ya right.
Just a little joke Vern to get a chuckle out of you and a few others.....

#57 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.