Yellow Bullet Forums banner

RENEGADE RACING Discussion thread

33K views 566 replies 55 participants last post by  jonesy1 
#1 ·
We created this thread as an area to ask questions, gather info and discuss policy for the RENEGADE RACING ASSOCIATION. We are looking for your input to better help OUR group grow and be stronger next season.

We would also like to thank all the racers who came out and supported the series, you guys are the best and have become like family. A big thank you goes out to all of our SPONSORS who supported the racers with great prizes and incentives [remember to support them back racers and make sure to mention us]. ALSO lets not forget thanking JIM CURTIS and THOMPSON RACEWAY PARK they gave us the venue and a great track.

#54 ·
I think the street appearing rule should be emphasized how many street cars you see with fender exit exhaust and huge forward mount pro stock style hood scoops. now as of the chassis cars like droptop57's great additions but like denny said why beat the hell out of my shit to run against a 2500 lb pump gas deal. i think that would turn away a lot of people. the one time weight cert deal sounds like a good idea or like mr z said have scales there if there is a car questionable put them on it. running at other tracks great idea, get some of these others into the heads up racing. by the sounds of it theres people making changes to there cars (myself included) or have already made changes to fit the rules you have so i would not go changing alot. jmo.

#58 ·
I think the street appearing rule should be emphasized how many street cars you see with fender exit exhaust and huge forward mount pro stock style hood scoops. now as of the chassis cars like droptop57's great additions... ...running at other tracks great idea, get some of these others into the heads up racing. by the sounds of it theres people making changes to there cars (myself included) or have already made changes to fit the rules you have so i would not go changing alot. jmo.
My personal feeling on appearance of the 8.90 class should look like a mix of PRO/STREET and SUPER/STREET from the mid-90's. Cowl hoods should be the standard, however even back then they weren't, roots blower cars cant fit them and neither can some tunnel ram set-ups. MOPAR had some great looking foward facing scoops from the factory so outlawing them isn't really an option.

Racers need to refine to make the class as a whole look better and not try to do as little as they can just to fit in.

#55 ·
Denny, unfortately not all body styles are alike and some can be lighter and we knew this going into this season and we accepted that risk, coupled with the fact that TRP has no scales makes our life tough. We have no weight rule currently so no rules were bent and its illegal to add more than [I think] 150lbs of removable ballast. We hate the thought of writing rules that eliminate certain body styles and we don't want to make a person add illegal ballast. This is a fine line thats tough to balance.

We do know this, there will be no tube chassis vehicles under 3k

#60 ·
Denny, unfortately not all body styles are alike and some can be lighter and we knew this going into this season and we accepted that risk, coupled with the fact that TRP has no scales makes our life tough. We have no weight rule currently so no rules were bent and its illegal to add more than [I think] 150lbs of removable ballast. We hate the thought of writing rules that eliminate certain body styles and we don't want to make a person add illegal ballast. This is a fine line thats tough to balance.

We do know this, there will be no tube chassis vehicles under 3k
how about no cars under 3000 lbs, not much diff, in that willys and some chassis cars.

#65 ·
RENEGADE RACING ASSOCIATION would like to salute the winners from this years races

8.90 TEST RACE Winner - Al Matuska, R-up Don Scullin
8.90 RACE 1 Winner - Al Matuska, R-up Gary Moore
8.90 RACE 2 Winner - Paul Suloff, R-up John Kron
8.90 RACE 3 Winner - Al Matuska, R-up Charlie Moore
8.90 RACE 4 Winner - Charlie Moore, R-up Paul Suloff ---- 10.50 Winner - Skippy Stone, R-up Chris Hill

#83 ·
We're keeping the bracket racer aids out, no need to complicate this. An old timer was talking to me about how cool he thought it was that as he peeked in the cars windows they didn't have 'all that bracket shit' in the cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.