Yellow Bullet Forums banner

How to view gopro vid on computer

9K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Lil-G 
#1 ·
Down loaded files and computer will not let it play. What am I doing wrong?

#2 ·
Never had this, but have friend that had to jump through hoops, download stuff to get it to work right. Might be better on newest computer, maybe his was older?

#4 ·
Is it a standard gopro cam or the hd one? Not sure how the files on those things come back to the computer, but I know with my HD video camera I need a special player to play raw HD footage.

#6 ·
According to GoPro the files are in MPEG4 format using h.264 compression. If you're trying to view with Windows Media Player it could be a problem without installing additional codecs.

You may want to try dropping the video files into Windows Movie Maker and if it will accept them you could render them out in the more common WMV (windows media video) format.

Or.....

If you download and install VLC media player you will be able to view your videos without any additional codecs. VLC will play almost every video format, including Flash video. It's safe too.

->VLC download<-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.