Yellow Bullet Forums banner

What's 450 rounds of .223 ammo worth

6K views 62 replies 31 participants last post by  david068513 
#1 ·
What is a fair price for .223 ammo right now? I have about 450 rounds I have no use for anymore but prices are so crazy now I have no idea what there worth?

#36 ·
I just paid .66 cents a round for Federal XM 855 Green tip penatrator.It came in a .50 cal can though,worth $15. I never paid more than .35 cents, but had to have it to resupply what we shot this weekend. I'm not in Podunk,but I am in Bumphuck.

#38 ·
I can't believe what some of these clowns are charging for this stuff. The last few shows I have gone to just about made me sick to see what they were asking for .223 ammo. avg was around $1.00/round for 55gr or 62gr bulk stuff.

I load my own so I mainly head to the show in search of cases or powder. Stocked up on bullets and primers before it got too bad. The only stuff I load is 75gr rounds (75gr Hornady HPBT Match, TAC or H335 with Rem 7 1/2 primers). After talking to a few guys at he show (decent guys, not the gouging pricks) and they told me it would be no problem to get $1.25-$1.50/round. I could not believe it. It sure as hell didn't cost anywhere near that for me to load them. hopefully this shit will die down soon.

#39 ·
I'll pay ya .50/ round.

#55 ·
Disagree. My local gun store and my local Academy Sporting Goods has brass federal for 49 cents a round. They limit you to one box at Academy, and 5 boxes (100rds) at the gun shop. Admittedly, my local gun shop is the largest federal dealer on earth, but they have a shitload of it never the less.

#56 ·
Charles,some WalMarts carry the Federal .223 Value pacs of 100 rounds or 200 rounds. The last ones I bought were the 100 round at $34.95

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.