Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Which is faster

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  vegaman924 
#1 ·
Which is faster a turbo 350 or Powerglide

#4 ·
Car is a 70 nova with a 434 and TH350 with a 6200 converter 5.13 12 bolt and weighs 3170 with driver. I was wondering if the TH350 will give me a faster ET than a glide. Im guessing i will have a better 60 foot with the 350 cause of the 1st gear differance but will there be a BIG difference in ET going to a glide. This is a new engine so i dont know what the time will be, hoping to get it in the 5.90s.

#6 ·
If you go with a th350 thats going to be an aweful lot of gear... If it was mine there wouldnt be a question..... glide all the way!!!!! Well that assuming your 434 doesnt make 300 hp.. If its pretty mild a th350 would be better. If it makes good power go with a glide....

#18 ·
The trans and converter are from ATI. The trans is rated to 850hp and from a couple of other companies that i have talked to said that i would need to have a converter that has a stall around 200 RPMs above peak torque and my peak torque is 6000. The engine makes peak power at around 77-7900. I talked to a couple of old time racers and they said that in there cars that the TH350 is just a bit faster than the glide, but thats in there applications. I think im going to stay with the TH350 for now but if something should go wrong with the trans i'll break down and try a glide.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.