Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Vanishing Point race cars OUT OF BUSINESS

45K views 113 replies 59 participants last post by  JZ9C1LT1 
#1 ·
Most of the NUT HUGGERS wanted to believe Jim Geese was a stand up guy. Well, he is OUT OF BUSINESS and now what do you have to say! He robbed a bunch of other racers that were hurt WAY worse then me. He is now gone and those guys will get NOTHING back from the money he overcharged and STOLE from them.

Two of these guys actually called me for my attorney's name. If there is anyone else ripped off by Jim and wants a great attorney to get back what he stole from you, just PM me!

BYE BYE BYE JIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told you 3 years ago, your days were numbered and that fact has now come to bear fruit!!!!!!

#4 ·
so did they have a sheriff sale like you stated previously?did you get your $$$ back?is this a result of your victory in court or just mere coincidence?the haters from the previous thread should be lining up as we speak to extend there apologies to you for the way they ridiculed you.

#6 ·
you brian i understand you have a hrad on for jim really i do. but and its a big but, have you ever stopped to think about the employees that worked there. how are they going to pay their morgage? car payment? insurance? put food on the table? like i said i understand your hatered toward jim but here you are jumpping up and down when other lives are now effected. nice real nice. goes to show how much class you really have.

#9 ·
I feel REALLY BAD.... TRUTH,,,, For the last few guys that did not go with GARY AND KENNY. I hate Jim. I do not hate the guys. In fact, they were all GREAT to me. They are great craftsman. They have LOTS of talent!!!!

I feel really bad for Don who is a great guy and does EXCELLENT tin and carbon work!!!! his son is also a chip off the old block!!!

I just hope that the guys land on their feet QUICKLY so they do not have troubles with bills.

#10 ·
I did get paid by the way but, two former customers have called me for my lawyer's name and number to try and get back almost $200grand!!!!!! He hurt a man who is now retired and PRE PAID $152k for his car COMPLETE and got some welded bars and NOTHING ELSE!!!!!

#11 ·
152K? thats enough to bank roll a new operation.

#13 ·
1 guy went with gary and kenny and to be honest with you the guy that went( i wont mention any names) wasnt a big blow to jim. just my personal opinion. i just dont understand how someone can be soooooo happy with what has happened that he has a shit eatin grin on his face when 8 other people now need to go and find work. hey if they dont can they hit you up for money?

#17 ·
to be honest with you and i am very honest.... for everyone person you can name me that was "screwed "by jim i can name you one that "screwed" him by not paying up and just walking away with a decent balance on their bill. so if yall really want to go their I can. hell i even went and repoed a car. because he owed money for 2 years and never paid a dime. would i be mad if i got screwed out of money? hell yes but their are ways to go about letting it be knowm with class than their are ways to do it acting like a jackass

#19 ·
mountainmotorman? i know people on here including me felt you were stretching the truth in your other thread but 152,000 dollars and all the guy got back was some bars?

#23 ·
I am sure you will hear more about this SOON.... I will leave his name out but, it was a 95 Riv. that was paid in full and he got SHIT. The car is a few miles from me right now and he is trying to figure out what to do......

There will be more coming out by others on YB I am sure in the next few days.

Gary just got the car from overseas that was taken from VP and brought there the other day....

#25 ·
Its like this. Some people are not good with money others gamble knowing they can earn back what they spend. Eventualy this catches up. If you pay attention on here this goes on with alot of chassis shops. Seems like they are taking the next mans money to build the car they are working on now. Sooner or later the next man is not coming and you are stuck with a car to build that was paid for and there is no money in the account. This is why you pay them as they go.

#26 ·
i not saying to feel bad, thats why i ahte the internet. what i am tring to say is you are correct it is not brians fault i agree 100% it is not his problem i understand that. but what i am saying is maybe we can have a little compasion for the people that made the tin work, the carbon work, the welding etc etc. like i said their is a classy way of doing it and am asshole way of doing it. thats all im saying

#28 ·
i not saying to feel bad, thats why i ahte the internet. what i am tring to say is you are correct it is not brians fault i agree 100% it is not his problem i understand that. but what i am saying is maybe we can have a little compasion for the people that made the tin work, the carbon work, the welding etc etc. like i said their is a classy way of doing it and am asshole way of doing it. thats all im saying
you said it 5 times everyone heard you , in the other thread a couple people tried to help get you a job and you didnt want it.

#35 ·
brian you met me, we shaked hands at the shop i welded your car up, i filled in a crack on a set of headers for you. and we shoke hands at atco right after all this went down 3 yrs ago i was standing next to gary. and i was present when you tried to pick up your car.

#36 ·
I have a hard time believing that the guys who worked for this guy every day had no idea the end was coming and didnt see the writing on the wall. Is this place that big that 8 guys can be oblivious to whats going on and just do their jobs every day? I myself cant see it.
If in fact thats the deal then hes a bigger piece of shit for keeping them in the dark until the doors closed.
Unfortunately in a business like this its hard to keep afloat unless you have everyone on a regular payment basis. I have my car in a shop and when it gets worked on I get a phone call and an e mail with an invoice. When you let a guy sit back while you sink money and time into his car and your bills go unpaid you are basically handing him the reigns to your life.

#41 ·
I feel for anyone who doesnt get what they pay for but i will ask the same question i have asked others on here who have been screwed.. WHY WOULD YOU PAY FIRST?????????? I would never ever pay for something up front or deal with someone who was working on such tight margins that they needed my money to buy materials or make payroll. If someone is that poor of a businessman then its just a matter of time before someone is left holding the bag. On the other hand if i was the guy doing the work and finished the car, payment better be made in full otherwise the car would be mine.

#42 ·
I feel for anyone who doesnt get what they pay for but i will ask the same question i have asked others on here who have been screwed.. WHY WOULD YOU PAY FIRST?????????? I would never ever pay for something up front or deal with someone who was working on such tight margins that they needed my money to buy materials or make payroll. If someone is that poor of a businessman then its just a matter of time before someone is left holding the bag. On the other hand if i was the guy doing the work and finished the car, payment better be made in full otherwise the car would be mine.
Most chassis builders will ask for 1/2 the payment up front. thats just the way it is.

#43 ·
I put 1/3 down when I had my chassis done, but that was back in 97... To me, that was fair. But we also had a estimate in writing, with a guarantee that the estimate would be +/- 5% within writing. It actually came in on the low side, and I was a happy camper and feel I got what I paid for.

#46 ·
You guys have to remember they had quite a few high profile / big ego customers. Ive heard many stories were they were stiffed for lots of cash or deals. There is only so many guys running, you have to work with your customers, but if a few guys stiff you in this current economy it can get out of control pretty quick. People ordering shit they cant afford does not help eaither. You cant keep adding to the build of the car and expect the quote to stay the same. Hell I know there was one promod that sat in there for a almost a year that was never paid for and I forget the story behind it but it was a large chunck of change out of pocket for a long time. They built some of the baddest cars in the world. People can say what they want. No one person built those cars, there is a group of talanted individuals out of work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.