Yellow Bullet Forums banner

slicks ?'s

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  blumaro 
#1 ·
how many passes (say a 890 car) does one get on a set of slicks ? mine have 2 days at the track and 17 passes and are starting to loss 60' times already ! . my burn outs are short and quick also

what brand do you guys see lasting more passes ?

and whats the difference from a 30x10.5 to a 30x10.5 stiff side wall , which would hook better on a 3375lbs vette running same 8.90's

Thanks, Tim

#2 ·
It's all relative... They will last for years if you don't mine the progressive drop off that you'll experience..

But for minimum 60 foot times at your power level.. I'll estimate 20 runs.. After that, those consistant 1.27 sixty foot times will become consistant 1.28 sixty footers.. Ect. ect. ect. Till you loose about half a tenth..

#4 ·
29.5x10.5s are good for about 20 passes until the 60s start to fall off. I think it has more to do with wearing the sidewalls out than it does the rubber.

Bigger tires seem to last longer too.
How do the sidewalls wear out?I've heard this before,do they lose they're stiffness?

#6 ·
Small tire big power cars need stiffs. you cant keep the sidewall from collapsing with out more air psi then you limit the contact patch . . you will even start to get some shake as you run over the folds just before ya blow em off or you tune it down chasing traction.
even the stiffs cant take abuse for ever . ..... sell em off to slow cars for a return investment in not driving your self crazy chasing good money and time after bad.
personally i scarf up every set of 10.5w and stiff 32x14 for the bracket customers as the tire trailers just take em back and shred em .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.