Yellow Bullet Forums banner

8.5 Outlaw racers please post here.

2M views 23K replies 567 participants last post by  4406 
#1 ·
I would like any and all 8.5 outlaw racers to post pics and video of their cars. I would also like someone to explain some rules that different sanctioning bodies have for 8.5 racers. I've seen a lot of it in Texas, and I know they race 8.5 at Milan, and other places on the east coast. Anything you guys feel like posting would be appreciated, pics, video, rules, your thoughts on 8.5 Outlaw etc... :supz:

#15,743 ·
The best 60ft by a turbo car to date I believe is a 1.26 Sampson may be able to elaborate? With that being said for sure I would believe A 1.22 to 1.23 is reachable for a turbo combo or more for sure Either way with a teen 60ft matted to the mph you'd be hard pressed to say that a 4.70 would be possible in prestean conditions under the same ruleset. Joel there is 2000 to win another no rules race in oh I believe in a month or so. Anyone know if Craig Watson went and did he dip into the 20's?
No .20s for me yet. I fought the track all weekend and was finally getting the chassis setup right when it broke. I thought it was the ring gear but after tearing into it Tuesday night, its the tranny. Broke the input shaft and probably the gear set. So I'm out for Hardinsburg this weekend. Hope to be back going for London's 1st race. I'm off to Bradco with it tomorrow after work.

#15,744 ·
#15,757 ·
I'm too lazy search. What is low down on the comparison between the Hoosier 8.5 and M/T 8.5? We seemed to struggle this past weekend with the MT 8.5. This was the first time out with the car since SCSN. No surprise that the 2 cars in the final were 28x10.5. They have the advantage over the 8.5 as track temps got hot and the track got greasy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.