Yellow Bullet Forums banner

SRT8 Jeep, daily driver, video of 9.45 pass

11K views 29 replies 20 participants last post by  builderbill 
#1 ·
Guys,
Been lurking in the background, time to jump onboard!

Anyway, I drove my 2007 SRT8 Jeep 11 hours to Quaker City dragway where my company sponsored a Gen III Hemi event.
Changed all 4 tires and ran a 9.46, wheels up....quickest Gen III Hemi that day.
VERY fun ride, goes straight as Hell and I put it in drive, let go of the tranny brake (NAG1 transmission) and hold on.

BTW, it puts 1142whp to the rear tires.

Enjoy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcZUdDIwUIY
Bill

#8 ·
So just exactly how much power you think it takes to get a 5600 lb truck to run mid nines.

#12 ·
Sorry I was off by a little. Jeep says the 2WD weighs 4887, figure 180-200 for a driver and you are still over 5000. Quite a bit of heft to motivate those times.

#11 · (Edited)
You know this dude ? Hes a little heavier ( all wheel drive ) but still getting it done . Blew a line off the intercooler on this pass so it was a tad slow . I've seen it run times like yours .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUVQZPHaNKY

It would be a good race ............ or have you raced already ?

great job .

Did you go 2 wheel drive because of trans failure on the high dollar stuff ?

I think the guy in my video might hold a record for stock suspension jeep . I might be wrong though .

#15 ·
That guy is a great friend of mine and uses my companies complete driveline.
I had him by 2 tenths. He has been out of racing since that day although he is getting the bug to blow my doors off!

I went 2 wd because my Jeep launches without the front tires touching the ground on the launch.
There is NOT an SRT8 Jeep that is close to my 1.40 60'.

I THANK the members here for helping me to decide to go 15" wheels on the rear (Wilwood brakes)
Sooo, I'll see how the stiff wall Mickey Thompson 15" slicks work.
Test, test, test.
So few of us really know how a 5000 pound rig (me in it + full roll cage)will react.

Pretty damn fun stuff guys!
Bill

#17 ·
Fun stuff it is!
I am renting the local track weekly just to stay ahead of the pack.
It is certainly a mixture of hard work and fun.
That said, the pack won't beat my lasted advertised time of 9.46 without hard work.;)

My biggest problem at this time is controlling the wheel stands....especially on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts.
Trying new double adjustable rear shocks to tame the beast.
Funny part is, I don't know have a clue on which way to set the rebound/compression!
Test, test, test!
Bill

#21 ·
I freaking love these things! And since you guys seem to have some of the best stuff ill ask you a question ive always pondered. For the guy whos going to go all out on his srt and build a motor and replace the t-case tranny and diffs couldnt you use a regular cherokee and build a serious sleeper? Ive always wondered how hard it would be to do and what kind of money you would have in it compared to what a real built srt would cost?.. just a thought what do you guys think?

#30 ·
Shoot me a PM and I'll get you all the spec.
It would not be a great idea for me to post Non-sponsor vendors here.

BTW.....I MELTED down the entire driver side of the engine within a few runs of the video.
Stupid...stupid & costly....all MY bad.
Was running Q-16 and forgot to drain it out of the system, yep, ate up my Bosch injectors, leaned out and BOOM. Damn.

Just dropping in a 5.7 based 402 motor now.
67mm turbos to replace the destroyed 62mm turbos.
We all come back stronger after a motor failure;)
Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.