Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Pitbull Attacks Child

7K views 89 replies 52 participants last post by  Mike in Motown 
#1 ·
Today’s Washington Post reports that a boy in a DC neighborhood was out riding a new bike that he received on Christmas. As he was riding through his neighborhood, he turned a corner and suddenly came upon three unattended pit bulls who proceeded to maul him. Fortunately for this 11-year old boy, a neighbor saw what was going on, ran into his house, got his handgun, and then returned and shot one of the pit bulls. A DC police officer, nearby on bicycle, heard the shot, got to the scene, and then shot the other two pit bulls.
The boy, unidentified by the newspaper, is traumatized. His uncle describes his injuries as “horrific” – all three pit bulls had their teeth clenched in the boy’s extremities just before the neighbor and officer shot them.
Is the unidentified neighbor hailed as a hero? No – just the opposite – he apparently needs a lawyer because he is reportedly under “investigation” for violating our capital city’s firearms laws! You see – he may have discharged his weapon beyond his property line. Talk about no good deed going unpunished.

#2 ·
Wow , what. A story....... Sounds herrific

#5 ·
wait for the fuckers to come and say they are all so sweet ..............

#9 ·
Appears to be about irresponsible dog owners as best I can tell.

#36 ·
Has society as a whole over the last 20-30 years pits have been all the rage, dumb this dog down in breeding? I know very little about them but I am an avid Doberman lover and these got a bad rap many moons ago as well.

#39 ·
Genius here!

#41 ·
So you have experience with Pittys?

#50 · (Edited)
Today’s Washington Post reports that a boy in a DC neighborhood was out riding a new bike that he received on Christmas. As he was riding through his neighborhood, he turned a corner and suddenly came upon three unattended pit bulls who proceeded to maul him. Fortunately for this 11-year old boy, a neighbor saw what was going on, ran into his house, got his handgun, and then returned and shot one of the pit bulls. A DC police officer, nearby on bicycle, heard the shot, got to the scene, and then shot the other two pit bulls.
The boy, unidentified by the newspaper, is traumatized. His uncle describes his injuries as “horrific” – all three pit bulls had their teeth clenched in the boy’s extremities just before the neighbor and officer shot them.
Is the unidentified neighbor hailed as a hero? No – just the opposite – he apparently needs a lawyer because he is reportedly under “investigation” for violating our capital city’s firearms laws! You see – he may have discharged his weapon beyond his property line. Talk about no good deed going unpunished.

Before using the gun to shoot the dog, did he give verbal voice commands such as no, sit, roll over?

Shooting is a last resort.

#52 ·
Metropolitan Police Department spokeswoman Gwendolyn Crump said that the incident, including whether the man legally owned the gun, remains under investigation.

The article was ABOUT GUNS, not about pit bulls or the kid.
It is simple gun advocacy propaganda. No follow up on the
kid's injuries.

Mistah

#57 ·
In this case I think it was the pack mentality. It happens with most breeds that get loose. I'm sure the owner/owners of these dogs didn't help the situation. In my experience with Pits, they are overly protective but still a loving dog. Chows and Pits aren't really that different. One person or one family dogs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.