Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Boyd Coddington's shop

42K views 108 replies 58 participants last post by  Scott Amato 
#1 ·
Has anyone heard if Coddington's garage is still going. Did the employees take it over? :smt102

#3 ·
I've noticed at least two of theguys on other tv shows. Duane, the shop manager was working for West Coast Customs. The guys from pimp my ride.

The kid that had the messed up mouth/jaw from the car crash (was Boyd's son involved?) was just on overhaulin. Not sure who he's with. I've been wondering about the shop as well.

#4 ·
I just answered my own question, I found on another site that his ex is still running the wheel co. and one of the old employees started his own shop taking most of the guy's with him. As of now the shop is closed down. I heard the SOB deal is his kid selling apparell and stories about his dad, no car building.

#46 ·
boyd had diabetes forever, he was never in real good shape. He was my neighbor in the mid to late 70s, my dad actually helped him build a car in his garage. boyd was a real dick, my dad ended up hating him, he screwed everyone that he did business with. He was a very bad business man.

As for his death, lets just say they are investigating. Do you guys know that his wife Jo, this was her third marriage? All three husbands died, one died mysteriously, one blew his head off while talking to her on the phone (while she was probably provoking him to do it) and now boyd. I heard that there was an attempt to clean up some blood with bleach at their house before he went into the hospital. take it how you want, but shes a real ****.

#16 ·
When I was in Cali. 2 years ago, my wife and I went to his shop on a wednesday at 2:30pm, and there were two girls in the office, and nobody in the shop working. All the cars that "Had to be delivered" on the show, were still sitting there. Nothing like a little made up TV drama.

#20 ·
All the talent left, the old body/fab guy died before the show went off, the other painter IIRC Charlie, went to Foose, and so did the goofy lookin phucker that ran the CNC shit. That didnt leave much to build cars with, all that Duane need was for someone to chill his shit 4 him...

#21 ·
Mike was his name and he went to Foose(Overhaulin) cuz Boyd busted him doing work for Chip out of Boyd's shop...he showed up on Overhaulin a couple of times then never was seen again...gotta love reality TV.

#24 ·
Chip Foose made Boyd the Legend that everyone thinks he is, after Chip left it was just a matter of time. Then Chip recruited the painter Charlie and his helper "Beetle Bailey", then Mike the kid with broken face (he crashed with one of Boyds kids) left. I believe the fabricater Scott went to Foose also. Roy the metal guy passed mid season of the last season. Met Boyd at a Goodguys show, definately an arrogant prick.

#35 ·
X-2 Someone had photos of Foose's shop and Scott(fabricator with slicked back blonde hair) was working there also. I seen Boyd at the Atlantic City car show.Very arrogant IN DEED !!!On the other hand I meet Fosse there also .Very nice guy.So was his wife.Roy was the man and so was the guy with the thick mustache!I think he left also.The son seemed to be a real TOOL!!!

#28 ·
Never was a fan of Boyd's "style". Swoopy, streamlined rods with tons of billet. I always liked the rat-rod mentality, "throw a bunch of shit together and make it work" type stuff. I didnt watch the show religiously, but i dont think i ever saw Boyd even lay a finger on the cars. Sucks that he died, but it seemed that shop would fall apart even if he was still alive...

#32 ·
I would make it about 3 minutes working with that Duane before i choked his eyes out...And i am a passive guy...

Keith

#33 ·
I couldn't believe the time when Boyd and Bluebear were having that building contest and Boyd was telling Bluebear how he (Bluebear) had to build his own car. He was telling Bluebear that he had to box his frame and Bluebear didn't want to. I know Boyd was doing it in the name of safety, but it wasn't his car. Bluebear was so mad and they got into it and he ended up losing his job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.