Yellow Bullet Forums banner

NMCA X275??

16K views 139 replies 41 participants last post by  REDGAR 
#1 ·
Rumor going around??????

#45 ·
like the rules seems to be fair, should be a good year for the 275 tire racers but what are the payouts for 1st? same as street radial

#56 ·
Does a hoosier 275/60/15 measure more than 9.5" at the tread? NMCA will allow a 295/65/15 BFG? 1/4 mile format?

Just to be clear this class is not exactly X275 but it is a 275 drag radial class?

:)

#58 ·
Change ur avatar and R u running NMRA......FordSux:

#61 ·
Two things: 1. For sbf guys the Yates C3 head is not a canted valve head, comon miss conception. They are legal under the rules as of now.
2. Really the only big tire you would be going up against is the 325 bfg (witch is not anywhere as good as the top 275s) because
BFG does not make right now a 295 or a 315 for a 15" wheel.

#64 ·
It does say no canted valve heads however some people think the Yates C3 is a canted valve head when they are not. SC1s and D3s are canted C3s are not.

#78 ·
Are the valves in the same location as the hi-port or afr 225 head that sixty feet is talking about?

Mabe an approved head list is in order like X/S, as I do not believe the hi-port headed motor has a chance against a C3 headed motor with everything else being equal....
DonB.

#65 · (Edited)
I just read it again Gilly and still didn't see it. I saw a weight break for 23* heads but nothing about canted valve stuff. Just a couple of references about commercially available heads. Can someone copy and paste this line item for the challenged?

#67 ·
For what ever reason it won't let me hi-light it to copy and paste but if you look at the first section of the heads. Type heads: Only commercially available ..... Then second sentence is:Billet, Canted valve, one-off, custom and/or fabricated heads prohibited. Sorry I couldn't copy and paste but hope you can find it now.

#68 ·
I knew I must have conveniently glanced over it. I went back and saw it. Selective viewing I guess.:rolleyes: These are preliminary rules and I am hoping that is one thing that will be changed because so far there haven't been any major advantage with the guys that have them up here in John Sears' deal.

#72 ·
I like the rules for the 275 Drag Radial class. It means that I can race with the NMCA and be competitive in local events as well. The NMCA had a tuff decision to make. With the lack of support for Street Radial (the lowest avg car count) they had to do something. A small tweaking of the rules would do nothing. It wouldn’t bring back cars it never had. This class has had weak car counts all the way back to when it was cheap street. 275 racing is the hot ticket at the moment there is no reason the NMCA shouldn’t take advantage of it. I for one am all for it! The larger car counts would mean more rounds of racing. Racing the same 5 cars at every event gets old by the end of the year. I’m all ready working on my junk getting it ready.

#77 ·
HOPE THEY MAKE ALL CARS MANDORTOY TO RUN ENGINE DIAPERS ....STOP THE CLEANUP TIME FOR ALL DOWNTIME.....
Now that one I DID see in the rules. It's there.

#81 ·
Don't look canted, just offset... What does the Hi-port setup look like?
Thanks Chris, I'm learning something today;););)
DonB.

Here's another view.......hope this helps:)

#91 ·
I don't know Don. I see what you are saying about X275 getting out of hand. Thats a hard thing to control for sure. I think weights can be adjusted in some cases if need be. IMO The biggest thing keeping X275 alive is the 1/8 mile format. If it wasn't for this I wouldn't have done anything this season.

I think John Sears has put 275 racing on the map. Not many have supported 275 like John has. So far his rules are proven to work. Multiple tracks and events have agreed to adopt his format. Out of respect I'd assume NMCA would do the same. I think the last thing racers need is a bunch of different 275 classes. :)

#92 ·
I think John Sears has put 275 racing on the map. Not many have supported 275 like John has. So far his rules are proven to work. Multiple tracks and events have agreed to adopt his format. Out of respect I'd assume NMCA would do the same. I think the last thing racers need is a bunch of different 275 classes. :)
Not trying to take anything away from John and what he has done for the class at all!

I was trying to make sense of the questions that people were asking of the MNCA 275 D/R class. I think it is a well thought out set of rules that, in the long run, may help preserve what 275 D/R was meant to be (not ODR with little tires).

These are my oppinions, feel free to call if you want some clarity on my thinking,
Don Barnett <---- Not affiliated with NMCA rule commity :p
443-466-9523

#100 ·
Aaron , although we (as well as others) will be sending in an "official" rules suggestion , it would be useful to the rules guys to take a look at forum threads such as this one. I understand that some of the stuff we post on here may not seem "constructive" and sometimes abit brash , but if you weed through some of the b.s. that we sometimes post on here , there are some good points made.

#97 ·
Not yet. Just signed the sponsor though so no worries there. I think they're just trying to get some things all lined up with other deals so racers will be able to crossover more easily. Most of the guys are on their way to PRI so I haven't had a chance to talk with them this week. I'll see them tomorrow and ask.

#106 ·
7 pages, 104 posts, and 3000 + views...............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.