Yellow Bullet Forums banner

BLUMARO

14K views 327 replies 37 participants last post by  btlfedbu 
#1 ·
you better have that pile running better next year cause ive got a little suprise for that junkie 632 big chief motor :Kneel

#40 ·
my vote is simple. :-Showerford. even david wolfe runs a chevy. its the only way to make a ford fast.

#48 ·
see, X christmas is coming....Only 59 day shopping days left, You could be done already...LOL

BTW, real nice looking paint job you got on that Monte... Never would have guessed that by your avatar... You definetely need a better Pic of that beast!

#53 ·
no didnt make it there, saw you at the RBC race at TRP... You seemed to be having some troubles, didnt want to get in the way or i would have said hello...

#57 ·
Probably not Gerry... the powers that be wont let us even have a chance, but i'd love to try... and if I get waxed then i'll buy 1st rd at the bar or something...

#62 ·
I my opinion the only way a chassis car can give you an advantage would be if it could 60' under 1.10 and with that being said a car with sub 1.10 will be much faster that an 8.90 car. JMO

#77 ·
I wasn't there due to not having an engine but I will say if I wanted go race chassis cars or bracket brawlers I would bracket race. My car is 3300# with stock style suspension with a true 10.5 tire don't tell me a chassis cat with 32x15 inch slicks don't have an advantage cause I say bull shit.I have insurance power windows blinkers ect ect .
Take them race cars and find a bracket race to race.sorry its just my opinion

#85 ·
hey tom, now you know what bader goes thru at norwalk:) if chassis cars want to play they can run the doorwars deal. if not make another class and i will whip all their asses next year in my radial car. well thats if it makes it down the track;)

btw, the nova will whip the shit out of that ford. now im back on subject.

#94 ·
Mike lets trade cars for one pass!!!! That bitch looks fun to drive.....

#101 ·
I am out!!!!! It sounds like you have already made up your mind so stick to your guns and I hope your classes are a success...

#106 · (Edited)
tom i dont think jonesy or tom or mike are bashing us, they are just trying to give some input on what might help our class grow.i wish we had scales, i dont mind racing a chassis car thats atleast 2900 lbs, we all need to chill out for a while, i would hate to see the racers or fans turn against each other. its a fun class to race in we just need to stay basic and remember we are going on "spirit of the class" rules we have one chassis car racing with us an nobody has complained to me about having him here, because he fits the spirit of the class, a 2000 lb chassis car will react quicker than a 2900 lb car but over 2800/2900 i dont see there would be a diff, lets just roll with what we have and see what happens, im up for change if needed it was great to be able to meet so many cool people last year because of this class and i hope to meet the same amount or more next year, tom i think your doing a great job with the class the only thing is that when we have a open door policy as far as rules people are going to voice their opinion and theres nothing wrong with that

#107 ·
Wow amazing how the haters show up in the off season. For one the class had more then 5-6 cars in the 8.90,s also the spectators that were there was why more then then just the racers and there familys.And as far as the class disappearing its far from that its growing with more street car classes to come.I think all you guys need to get out of the bracket racing mentality and think out side the box the tube chassis does have a starting line advantage its why more ridged to start with more motor set back no front end travel witch all adds up to a faster reacting car off the starting line.oh and i think the ralphs car will spank the mustang:smt067

#118 ·
I am back !!!!Never said that a chassis car did not react quicker!!!!! Index racing is kind of like bracket racing with a pro tree. Dennis thanks for your input, Tom and myself are not against anything that the RRA stands for!!!! We are just thinking out loud.

#108 ·
Wow how did all this shit start on this thread when we were just lining up to kick Gerry's ass?

The fact that all these guys want us to modify the rules to race with us is inspiring!! I wish there was a place for everyone but the facts are we'll shoot ourselves in the foot if we let exotic cars race in a "street appearing" class. Now that we've proven ourselves with the track and other tracks I expect we'll have many more cars that fit the current rules. And with Norwalk bailing on a heads up program we are the premier place to race. We got to stay the course!!!! There is plenty of time for racers to conform to our rules over the winter.

#128 ·
Hi Tom! We Have never Met...My Name Is Ken...I'm all for what your doing with the Renegade Series & TRP I think it's great!! I understand that you cant please everyone so I'm not Bashing you at all...I see it a good thing that you get one here and actually talk to the racers....So I have a few questions & I know you've already Gone over this with some...But I also want to make some suggestions that may be considered in the future....

It just seems to me that now-a-days that all of our racing programs are monkey see monkey do..whatever happen to RUN WHATCHA BRUNG & HOPE YOU BROUGHT ENOUGH??? As a Kid, My Dad ran the mid-west PRO-GAS circuit heads-up 9.90 no-electronics were even around back then in the early to mid 80's. He Ran this class with a center steer altered & had no advantage over any other car in the class, My opinion is that Having 0 electronics in the class Makes the playing field very even for any type of vehicles that may run in the class, Some chassis cars may be at a big disadvantage just because there is a bunch of them that you cant see out of very well,Tall Wheel Tubs,& trying to look through bars and such! I drove a Top/Sportsman car & seeing out of it was Hell...I'd been so use to my Dragster.
Sorry this is so long, But I do hope you can answer my Questions!

You got guy's talking about They cant cut a light on a Pro-Tree??? Well My take on that is a whole different Story...They need Seat time & or instead of just running the car down the track, Make some starting line adjustments, I've run some 10.90 & 8.90 races before, & have never had this problem, But then, There is talk of not wanting Bracket Brawlers Invading the class???? That's gonna happen no matter what you do to stop them!! I myself Just purchased A car to run in the 10.50 class, Stock suspension, full interior, roll cage & all the suspension goodies(SBC POWERED MUSTANG COUPE)!! & hopefully my dragster will be able to make the Q8 on the same night Going 7.6x's...! But I am a Bracket Brawler...Damn good at it! it's not any different that I'm going to be in a 10.5 tire car..Been there done that! I LOVE COMPETITION, THE MORE THE MERRIER! BE IT A CHASSIS CAR/BACK-HALF OR STOCK SUSPENSION....AS A DRIVER I HAVE TO BE OUT DRIVEN TO BE BEATEN! Tom....I want your program to grow fast!! Not just pick up a few cars here & there,It'll be a nice change from what I'm use to racing at Norwalk...But reading some of the comments makes me wonder if it's about the kind of car or the actual race or the racer! Example: I know what .008 looks like at the finish line & know when & how to scrub numbers off to take that margin...What does it matter if my car is way faster than the index?? I can back it in to the number If I want..I can diddle around with shift-points & make it run dead on the number & I've Been .40x on a pro-tree in a door car...there's tricks that all of these guy's are gonna have to learn to be successful in any class they'll ever run... So why limit the kind of car that competes when you are trying to grow a program? It's Obvious that it's not a whole lot of street cars in Ohio...Down south all you would have to do is mention it & the pits are packed! Here Not so much!! What makes your program unique is that you Kicked the electronics trickery out of it.... of course you dont need dragsters running in the class.. But you need RACERS!! everybody is going after the street car Fad & forgetting about the racers!! I race at Norwalk & a few years ago there was a 10in tire Nova That won the Comp Championship that year driven by Bob Grace! A Street Car That won a class Dominated By Dragsters! Who would of thought Right?? Where was the dragsters & chassis cars advantage???? Driver makes the car!!! & The Bracket Brawlers will Be there! You should just open the flood gates & take advantage yourself!!!

On a final Note! I'm not sure if it is but....It should be all run, They can qualify on a ladder 1st runs last but I'd like to see this a big thing in the future, It's Still A heads up Bracket race! But I know of Me & a few other Bracket Racers That are getting in on this!! I support what your doing & will run with you either way...I just dont want you to kill the numbers of potential participants trying to go after a specific type of racing...That out of all things has been the biggest contributor to these type of classes not lasting as long as they should....people get tired of going and seeing the same 20-25 cars each trip! generate numbers & make it a show.... Again...Sorry for being long winded!!

#123 ·
let me rephrase, someone with a chevy will whip your ass.
my chassis will be correct for next year. the sawzall has already come out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.