Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Switching over to E85 Holley EFI

8K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Brillko 
#1 ·
I'm pretty sure I know what all needs to be changed but just want to double check, with Holley efi system currently running on 93 to switch over to E85 I need to

1 - add 35% to base fuel table
2 - add 35% to AE vs TPS rate of change and AE vs MAP rate of change
3 - add 35% to Cranking fuel
4 - change target afrs to 10.8 - 11ish under boost

Is that all?
what is a acceptable afr for idle? 12.5-13?

#2 ·
I started running my car with E85 so I cannot answer the setup questions. But I can tell you I target 10.8 AFR using the gas scale at WOT. I had problems with the plugs misfiring at an idle with them in the 12.8 to 13.2 AFR range. I idle at 14.0 to 14.3 now and have not had any idle misfiring issues.

#3 ·
I'm pretty sure I know what all needs to be changed but just want to double check, with Holley efi system currently running on 93 to switch over to E85 I need to

1 - add 35% to base fuel table
2 - add 35% to AE vs TPS rate of change and AE vs MAP rate of change
3 - add 35% to Cranking fuel
4 - change target afrs to 10.8 - 11ish under boost

Is that all?
what is a acceptable afr for idle? 12.5-13?
NO. You DO NOT need to add anything to any table - only exception maybe crank fuel.
You should simply let closed loop and LEARN do the adjustments necessary to the fuel map. Every engine is different. Som like 15% some like 30% more volume than gas.
10.8-11ish under boost seems awefully rich to me. I would start with 11.5 and go from there.
Idle around 14.0 or as lean as your engine likes. A lean idle can never hurt an Engine.

#4 ·
My opinion would be to add the 30% Fuel to the map(above idle), If it is too rich you can let the closed loop learn subtract fuel. Alot of people have said you can make more power at 11.5 but my experience has been that reliable power can be made at 10.8 AFR(Gas scale on E85). I ran a Buick v6 @ 24 to 30psi boost for two years with alot of track passes and stock LQ4 at 15psi and now the built lq4 at 19psi. All with a target of 10.8 and have never hurt any of them. I would say that you are correct and I am probably to rich and leaving some more power on the table if I was to lean it out. The true answer I believe would be for me to get my tune rock solid at 10.8 then start reading the plugs and leaning it out till it runs the best because every motor likes afr alittle different but 10.8 has worked Very reliably for me and ran et's to my expectations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.