Yellow Bullet Forums banner

cal tracs

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BIGMAC1971 
#1 ·
Hello

I have cal tracs on my car and I set them up like calvert said ( have a person in the car turn it till the stop touches the spring then go a 1/4 turn for preload).I have it in the hole above the bottom one.What changes can I make If i put more preload what does that do and if I have less preload what will that do and if I change it to the bottom hole what will that do.
Just curious to what you guys have experienced before I make some changes
Thank you
John

#3 ·
The more preload you put in it, the softer it will hit the tires. I like to start without any and creep up on the tuneup. Which hole the front of the bar wants will depend on the car as well. Just moves the instant center point. On a side note, There are new bars out called Max-Trax. Very very similar to the Cal tracs, only they have two adjustments in the rear, and three up front. A bit better for fine adjustments.

#5 ·
I TRIED THAT IT WASNT WORKING SO I PUT A FULL TURN OF PRELOAD IN AND MY 60FT IMPROVED ALSO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR PINION ANGLE IS AT AROUND -4* SEEMED TO HELP A LOT MY CAR LAUNCHES PRETTY GOOD I THINK I THINK IT HITS THE TIRES HARDER WITH MORE PRELOAD AND IN THE TOP HOLE AND SOFTER IN THE BOTTOM HOLE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.